Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

texans post game thread

I am stunned. I thought we had no chance to be here at the beginning of this season
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Great team effort today. D was fantastic. Ponder looked good. Texans devoted everything to stopping AD. The sustained drives kept Houston's offense from getting in a rhythm and kept our D from tiring out. I just can't believe it. We are one win from making the playoffs.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    What a great game. AD played well. D was awesome. Secondary played well. O line protected Ponder. Ponder had a nice game making good decisions for most of the game. Who thinks we have had a good season now. I for one do. Musgrave called a good game as did the D coordinator. Glad Wright was OK after that illegal helmet to helmet hit that wasn't called.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Was ponder all that good, 50 percent completion? I did not see the game due to being on plane.

Great win. Total team effort. Defense played amazing, completely shutting down one of the best offenses in the NFL. Totally loving the draft picks.

Playoffs of not, I'm happy with this season. They have completely outdone my expectations, and I'm sure many others. I didn't see more than a 5 win season coming.

I see a bright future for this team.

I forgot to mention Walsh. That pick looks better and better every week.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Strange season, we lose when AD goes over 200 and we blowout a superbowl favorite on the road when AD gets shutdown. These last 2 road wins vs good teams makes our prospects of going on a road run in the playoffs look that much more promising. Gotta shutdown Rodgers and beat the cheese next week or it's all meaningless.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Was ponder all that good, 50 percent completion? I did not see the game due to being on plane.
    He had a great 1st half (by Ponder standards), but was back to his old self in the 2nd half. Don't know what happened.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Amazing game. Going in I thought the Texans were a terrible matchup for us, so to completely dominate them at ever facet of the game was a wonderful surprise.

Random thoughts:
    Ponder was excellent. He extended drives and made some plays. Exactly what we need him to do.

Our offensive line wasn't great, but the Texas have a dominant defense.

JJ Watt might be the best defensive player I've ever seen, at any position. What he's done this season is unreal.

Jerome Simpson dropped another first down, but that catch toward the end made up for it. Great throw, great catch. How often have we been able to say that this season?

Brian Robison may have just lost his job. Everson Griffen was great, and not just against the pass.

Blair Walsh is awesome. That field goal might have made it from 70.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post

Ponder did look good. There were a number of times he was under pressure and had to throw it away. I thought his decision making was on today. There were also the weekly drops by receivers, not a ton, but still some drops. I only remember one foolish throw that probably should have been picked off. He also had a couple of key runs. That is a part of his game I think we should be taking advantage of more than we do.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast