No matter what happens from here on out, the Vikings (in my opinion) have had a highly successful season. Nine victories, including back-to-back road victories at St. Louis and at Houston, and the Vikings actually control their own destiny with 1 more regular season game to play! Best of all, I'm not dreaming!
1. Fine game by AD, especially against the NFL's fifth-ranked rush defense. AD will have a shot at history next week against a team that can be run on!
2. In Walsh, we have a trememndous kicker with great long-range ability. His 56-yard FG easily made it! Might he make the Pro Bowl?
3. Nice well-managed game by Ponder. His stats came back to earth in the second half, but an 82 QB rating against the Texans is a fine performance in my opinion.
4. Defense seems to be peaking at the right time. Last 3 weeks: 6 takeaways, 10 sacks. Texans were held to under 200 total yards and 2 FG's. Elite job by our young defense.
5. Harrison Smith is a great addition to the defense. I'm glad he's on our team!
6. Vikings need to play loose to beat the Packers on Sunday. Would like to see AD break some long runs!