"Tad7" wrote:
    T-Jack was excellent
    Favre looked improved
    Sage was there
    Too many penalties..loud Houston crowd
    AD is still amazing/CT is awesome
    Defense was expectedly solid all around
    You are cracking me up. ;D

I really would like to see the first team offense play a few series on Friday just to help them develop a rhythm.
    Playing in practice and playing in games are not the same.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Texans post game discussion

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    "petev_sj" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    - Shancoe caught everything.
    I remember this guy was a like a bigger version of Quadray Ismail the epitome of butter-fingers.

And then now....WAH..WAH...WAH HAPPENED! From Quadray to Cris Carter..WOW!
    Shiancoe is a gol 'darnit good TE, not exactly well known outside of Minnesota, but I think he's going to tear up the league this year.
    Shank is the man.
    Especially not well known if you don't count the millions of people that followed him when he played for the Jints behind Shockey.
    I guess so, but besides other Vikings fans, usually when i say something about him to another NFL fan, usually they don't have a clue who he is.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Drive killing penalties will be our demise if this game is any indication of reality.
    Oh yes wise one ......... (and)

- lil' imagination with the play calling, FINALLY!
    - game mismanagement by Chilly and overall lack of disipline with the penalties will be an ongoing theme again, as in past years, which annoys the hell out of me.
    - Peterson will get Farve killed, if he doesn't start picking up those middle blitzes, before looking outside.
    - McKinnie is no longer the best tackle on this team.
    - TJack stays; Sage goes.
    - CT is my hero.
    Could start almost anywhere, but stays with us.
    - VS is going to have a monster year at TE.

Thats about it here.
    Oh Ya, WAKE THE HELL UP SPECIAL TEAMS !!!!

Damm .... all the work and emphasis on this and still don't see a lot of improvement.

* out *
    Good to see you around mnjamie.
    Yes, it is about time for AD to start picking up blocks and catching some balls.
    I'm always around ......

Congrats on ur 25k post !!!

I feel warm fuzzies for being a part of it .....

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"Snowbowler" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    "petev_sj" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    - Shancoe caught everything.
    I remember this guy was a like a bigger version of Quadray Ismail the epitome of butter-fingers.

And then now....WAH..WAH...WAH HAPPENED! From Quadray to Cris Carter..WOW!
    Shiancoe is a gol 'darnit good TE, not exactly well known outside of Minnesota, but I think he's going to tear up the league this year.
    Shank is the man.
    Especially not well known if you don't count the millions of people that followed him when he played for the Jints behind Shockey.
    I guess so, but besides other Vikings fans, usually when i say something about him to another NFL fan, usually they don't have a clue who he is.
    It is really apparent in fantasy drafts when the TE that scored more TDs than all but two TEs can be drafted in the 12th round.
    I'm expecting a big year from him working with Favre.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

overall we did good and I liked what i saw. Favre played well and AP just leaves me speechless everytime I see him play. Love the way winfield played against the best WR (Andre Johnson) of last year.

I cant say this bothered me, but I did wish it turned out different. Favre threw a really good pass in the corner of the endzone and Harvin didnt come down with it. Even Gruden said that he has to catch balls like that. I dont know if i can say it disapointed me to see that or if a flashback of troy williamson flashed in my mind when he dropped it.

(no, im not comparing harvin to williamson, id take harvin over that bust any day of the week)

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Drive killing penalties will be our demise if this game is any indication of reality.
    Oh yes wise one ......... (and)

- lil' imagination with the play calling, FINALLY!
    - game mismanagement by Chilly and overall lack of disipline with the penalties will be an ongoing theme again, as in past years, which annoys the hell out of me.
    - Peterson will get Farve killed, if he doesn't start picking up those middle blitzes, before looking outside.
    - McKinnie is no longer the best tackle on this team.
    - TJack stays; Sage goes.
    - CT is my hero.
    Could start almost anywhere, but stays with us.
    - VS is going to have a monster year at TE.

Thats about it here.
    Oh Ya, WAKE THE HELL UP SPECIAL TEAMS !!!!

Damm .... all the work and emphasis on this and still don't see a lot of improvement.

* out *
    Mt. Thug is the best tackle on the team easily.
    He got called for holding when he planted Super Mario to the ground with one hand (no hold).

Special teams looked good on coverage, and punt returns were pretty good.
    I would say that it's improved by a lot.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"Sajid28" wrote:
    overall we did good and I liked what i saw. Favre played well and AP just leaves me speechless everytime I see him play. Love the way winfield played against the best WR (Andre Johnson) of last year.

I cant say this bothered me, but I did wish it turned out different. Favre threw a really good pass in the corner of the endzone and Harvin didnt come down with it. Even Gruden said that he has to catch balls like that. I dont know if i can say it disapointed me to see that or if a flashback of troy williamson flashed in my mind when he dropped it.

(no, im not comparing harvin to williamson, id take harvin over that bust any day of the week)
    I don't know if I'd call that a drop.
    He barely got his hands on it.
    I'd say it was more of a case of not fully extending.
    Clearly he is not a refined NFL receiver at this point.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"Sajid28" wrote:

That guy covering Harvin yanked on his jersey twice well the ball was in the air, should have been P.I.

Yup, Percy did alligator arm it, though.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

That guy covering Harvin yanked on his jersey twice well the ball was in the air, should have been P.I.

Yup, Percy did alligator arm it, though.
    thats true.. he did yank on his jersey, but hopefully next time he can come down with it

petev_sj is offline Training Camp

Pic from the Texans game courtesy of the Star Trib:

[img width=450 height=337]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/petev1975/ScreenShot001-2.jpg[/img]

Man look at how ripped Peterson is. I don't understand how this kid fumbles so much? I couldn't imagine anything could rip the ball from those arms.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast