Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 175
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Texans post game discussion

    1- What is with all of the penalties? For crying out loud I thought I was watching a Raiders game.

    2- AD: Holy crap that was a great run. Got my lungs cleared out on that one.

    3- We seem to still have a lack of a deep threat at WR.

    4- Playcalling still too conservative in the red zone. We did take shots at the end zone on one series though.

    5-Loadholt was doing a great job in pass protection during the times I was specifically watching him.

    6- Jackson looked good. Better than he has so far.

    7- Sage looked OK. Stumbled on one play.

    8- Brett looked much better. He is starting to get the offense to get on the same page.

    9- Is there a better 2nd string RB than CT in the league? Has there ever been a better 2nd stringer in the history of the league? He is a beast.


    Overall:

    Good game except the penalties.

  2. #2
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    1- What is with all of the penalties? For crying out loud I thought I was watching a Raiders game.

    2- AD: Holy crap that was a great run. Got my lungs cleared out on that one.

    3- We seem to still have a lack of a deep threat at WR.

    4- Playcalling still too conservative in the red zone. We did take shots at the end zone on one series though.

    5-Loadholt was doing a great job in pass protection during the times I was specifically watching him.

    6- Jackson looked good. Better than he has so far.

    7- Sage looked OK. Stumbled on one play.

    8- Brett looked much better. He is starting to get the offense to get on the same page.

    9- Is there a better 2nd string RB than CT in the league? Has there ever been a better 2nd stringer in the history of the league? He is a beast.


    Overall:

    Good game except the penalties.
    have to agree with you on those observations
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

  3. #3
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    Drive killing penalties will be our demise if this game is any indication of reality.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    Jared Allen was certainly quiet that game, I forgot who it was blocking him, but he certainly did a great job.
    They didn't seem to have too much trouble passing on us though.
    I was glad to see Favre get some good play time, but I was wishing to see a little more of Tarvaris and Sage than we did.
    TJack was looking awfully sad on the sidelines after his drive though...


    The amount of penalites was embarassing... Probably my biggest concern right there, well, that and why they put Favre out there at receiver.
    Good game though, fun to watch.

  5. #5
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    Favre shouldn't be blocking

    Too many penalties but some of the drives did keep going despite them, things could really be clicking without the illegal subs, formations or false starts.

  6. #6
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    Jared Allen was certainly quiet that game, I forgot who it was blocking him, but he certainly did a great job.
    They didn't seem to have too much trouble passing on us though.
    I was glad to see Favre get some good play time, but I was wishing to see a little more of Tarvaris and Sage than we did.
    TJack was looking awfully sad on the sidelines after his drive though...


    The amount of penalites was embarassing... Probably my biggest concern right there, well, that and why they put Favre out there at receiver.
    Good game though, fun to watch.
    Yeah I was starting to wonder about that as well, but hey it was just a preseason game.
    Hope they dont playlike that in the reg season.

    man, the penalties damn
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    1- What is with all of the penalties? For crying out loud I thought I was watching a Raiders game.

    3- We seem to still have a lack of a deep threat at WR.

    4- Playcalling still too conservative in the red zone. We did take shots at the end zone on one series though.

    6- Jackson looked good. Better than he has so far.

    7- Sage looked OK. Stumbled on one play.

    8- Brett looked much better. He is starting to get the offense to get on the same page.

    9- Is there a better 2nd string RB than CT in the league? Has there ever been a better 2nd stringer in the history of the league? He is a beast.


    Overall:

    Good game except the penalties.
    I think the league as a whole is going to get raped on the penalties this year. its going to suck.
    BB wasn't playing. He is the deep threat. and Harvin will be once he learns Favre.
    Play calling was like it was for Favre I assume. Next game will be better.
    Sage sucks. Cut him.
    tjack can sit on the bench all year long and I will be pretty happy about that.
    CT is a beast. We know this already. Who is better? Stewart in carolina, sproles maybe, bradshaw is a beast in NYG, the three headed monster in baltimore is going to be tough to stop.
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #8
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    Agreed.
    - The penalties were ridiculous.
    - Favre seemed to get more comfortable as the game progressed.
    - CT is a monster.
    - Shancoe caught everything.
    - Rice held on to a critical pass despite getting de-cleated.
    - Tahi actually had a 5 yard pass!
    - Great instinctive interception by Leber.

    My biggest concern at the moment is pass protection by the O-Line. They didn't handle the blitz too well.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  9. #9
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    I rate this game an 85.
    - Offense played well but stalled on a couple of drives which we have to expect to happen.
    - The deep ball is there and will be there. BB didn't play and a couple of plays went to Harvin a rook.


    I would say we have two deep ball threats on this team.
    - Brett played pretty well. I didn't have a problem with the crack back if he had kept it higher and not into the

    knees. It shows that he has heart and a block like that can change a 5 yard game into a 65 yard TD.
    - I love the additional screens. seems like we ran about 7 of them this game and all worked.
    - The reverse and wildcat looked good. Gimmick plays don't have to be gimmicky.

    Def.
    - TJ has to stop arm tackling. He almost missed one on Dan Ovlosky(sp) bit Phat Pat cleaned up. The kid looks excellent sometimes but other times he shows that he is a bit raw.
    - M. Williams had a hell of a game. Forget the pick, he was just always arond the ball and came up and made key stuffs.
    - Winfield is a stud. Look it up. Stud.
    - Griffen played well. I didn't see too many passes to his side.
    - Our corners shut down Johnson for 1 half. He had a catch here and there but he was a non factor.
    - Now if only we can stop O. Daniels
    :
    - DL played well. No really long runs and solid pressure. I want to see more from Allen and Edwards. It was a good effort from the line but no one stood out.
    - LB Corps was mixed bad.
    great against the run but average vs. the pass. Too many TE plays for 7- 8 yards.

    St.
    - Nice returns by JJ. We lacked a 7 - 15 yard return guy last season and that means the world of difference.
    - Need to see more from Harvin. He looked fast but not mindblowing.

  10. #10
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Texans post game discussion

    "Big" wrote:
    Agreed.
    - The penalties were ridiculous.
    - Favre seemed to get more comfortable as the game progressed.
    - CT is a monster.
    - Shancoe caught everything.
    - Rice held on to a critical pass despite getting de-cleated.
    - Tahi actually had a 5 yard pass!
    - Great instinctive interception by Leber.

    My biggest concern at the moment is pass protection by the O-Line. They didn't handle the blitz too well.
    You mean "gettin trucked shitless"
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 PPO FF - Post-Season discussion
    By Zeus in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
  2. BENGALS POST GAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 10:03 AM
  3. Official Post Game Discussion
    By SharperImage in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
  4. Official Vikes v Bear Post Game Discussion
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 02:21 PM
  5. Vikings VS Seahawks: Official Post Game Discussion
    By SharperImage in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •