Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Texans post game discussion

1- What is with all of the penalties? For crying out loud I thought I was watching a Raiders game.

2- AD: Holy crap that was a great run. Got my lungs cleared out on that one.

3- We seem to still have a lack of a deep threat at WR.

4- Playcalling still too conservative in the red zone. We did take shots at the end zone on one series though.

5-Loadholt was doing a great job in pass protection during the times I was specifically watching him.

6- Jackson looked good. Better than he has so far.

7- Sage looked OK. Stumbled on one play.

8- Brett looked much better. He is starting to get the offense to get on the same page.

9- Is there a better 2nd string RB than CT in the league? Has there ever been a better 2nd stringer in the history of the league? He is a beast.

Overall:

Good game except the penalties.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Texans post game discussion

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    1- What is with all of the penalties? For crying out loud I thought I was watching a Raiders game.

2- AD: Holy crap that was a great run. Got my lungs cleared out on that one.

4- Playcalling still too conservative in the red zone. We did take shots at the end zone on one series though.

5-Loadholt was doing a great job in pass protection during the times I was specifically watching him.

8- Brett looked much better. He is starting to get the offense to get on the same page.

9- Is there a better 2nd string RB than CT in the league? Has there ever been a better 2nd stringer in the history of the league? He is a beast.

Overall:

have to agree with you on those observations
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Drive killing penalties will be our demise if this game is any indication of reality.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Jared Allen was certainly quiet that game, I forgot who it was blocking him, but he certainly did a great job.
    They didn't seem to have too much trouble passing on us though.
    I was glad to see Favre get some good play time, but I was wishing to see a little more of Tarvaris and Sage than we did.
    TJack was looking awfully sad on the sidelines after his drive though...

The amount of penalites was embarassing... Probably my biggest concern right there, well, that and why they put Favre out there at receiver.
    Good game though, fun to watch.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Favre shouldn't be blocking

Too many penalties but some of the drives did keep going despite them, things could really be clicking without the illegal subs, formations or false starts.

"Snowbowler" wrote:
    Jared Allen was certainly quiet that game, I forgot who it was blocking him, but he certainly did a great job.
    They didn't seem to have too much trouble passing on us though.
    I was glad to see Favre get some good play time, but I was wishing to see a little more of Tarvaris and Sage than we did.
    TJack was looking awfully sad on the sidelines after his drive though...

The amount of penalites was embarassing... Probably my biggest concern right there, well, that and why they put Favre out there at receiver.
    Good game though, fun to watch.
    Yeah I was starting to wonder about that as well, but hey it was just a preseason game.
    Hope they dont playlike that in the reg season.

man, the penalties damn

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Overall:

I think the league as a whole is going to get raped on the penalties this year. its going to suck.
    BB wasn't playing. He is the deep threat. and Harvin will be once he learns Favre.
    Play calling was like it was for Favre I assume. Next game will be better.
    Sage sucks. Cut him.
    tjack can sit on the bench all year long and I will be pretty happy about that.
    CT is a beast. We know this already. Who is better? Stewart in carolina, sproles maybe, bradshaw is a beast in NYG, the three headed monster in baltimore is going to be tough to stop.
    We're bringing purple back.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Agreed.
    - The penalties were ridiculous.
    - Favre seemed to get more comfortable as the game progressed.
    - CT is a monster.
    - Shancoe caught everything.
    - Rice held on to a critical pass despite getting de-cleated.
    - Tahi actually had a 5 yard pass!
    - Great instinctive interception by Leber.

My biggest concern at the moment is pass protection by the O-Line. They didn't handle the blitz too well.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I rate this game an 85.
    - Offense played well but stalled on a couple of drives which we have to expect to happen.
    - The deep ball is there and will be there. BB didn't play and a couple of plays went to Harvin a rook.

I would say we have two deep ball threats on this team.
    - Brett played pretty well. I didn't have a problem with the crack back if he had kept it higher and not into the

knees. It shows that he has heart and a block like that can change a 5 yard game into a 65 yard TD.
    - I love the additional screens. seems like we ran about 7 of them this game and all worked.
    - The reverse and wildcat looked good. Gimmick plays don't have to be gimmicky.

Def.
    - TJ has to stop arm tackling. He almost missed one on Dan Ovlosky(sp) bit Phat Pat cleaned up. The kid looks excellent sometimes but other times he shows that he is a bit raw.
    - M. Williams had a hell of a game. Forget the pick, he was just always arond the ball and came up and made key stuffs.
    - Winfield is a stud. Look it up. Stud.
    - Griffen played well. I didn't see too many passes to his side.
    - Our corners shut down Johnson for 1 half. He had a catch here and there but he was a non factor.
    - Now if only we can stop O. Daniels
    :
    - DL played well. No really long runs and solid pressure. I want to see more from Allen and Edwards. It was a good effort from the line but no one stood out.
    - LB Corps was mixed bad.
    great against the run but average vs. the pass. Too many TE plays for 7- 8 yards.

St.
    - Nice returns by JJ. We lacked a 7 - 15 yard return guy last season and that means the world of difference.
    - Need to see more from Harvin. He looked fast but not mindblowing.

"Big" wrote:
    Agreed.
    - The penalties were ridiculous.
    - Favre seemed to get more comfortable as the game progressed.
    - CT is a monster.
    - Shancoe caught everything.
    - Rice held on to a critical pass despite getting de-cleated.
    - Tahi actually had a 5 yard pass!
    - Great instinctive interception by Leber.

My biggest concern at the moment is pass protection by the O-Line. They didn't handle the blitz too well.
    You mean "gettin trucked shitless"

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast