Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Texans Game: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

"Jarhead" wrote:
    I just wasn't impressed. Yeah his stats were good but I thought he was outshined by Carr. Daunte did have two nice TD's one to Moss and one to Robinson but everything else was dump passes. Moore had 12 catches. Yea he didn't loose the game with turnovers, which is nice but where is the explosion from this "high powered offense"? Why were we going 3 and out in the fourth quarter? Why was our first OT posession three dump passes to Moore? Maybe I'm expecting too much but I don't see Daunte "winning" the game vs. "not loosing the game".

And yes he did pull it out of his butt at the end with the pass to Robinson so it's hard to be too hard on him. I just think that if he was the play maker that I'm told he is we should not have gotten beat 28-7 in the second half.

Are you kidding me? Daunte had 396 yards passing, with another 30 yards rushing. He accounted for over 400 yards of offense. I think the common definition of a big play is a run over 15 yds, or a pass over 20. The Vikings offense had 7 of those; one on a Moore run, and 6 on throws by Daunte, including two 50 yard TD passes. Despite being pressured for most of the second half, he only was sacked 3 times; once for 4 yards, and twice for 2 yards. He didn't throw any interceptions, and he didn't drop the ball, all while throwing 5 TD passes, and completing over 70% of his passes. In other words, when the receivers were open, and he had the time, he went for the big play. Otherwise, he protected the ball and gained positive yards, whether by a dump-off, or by scrambling.

You know that sentence you started by saying "Maybe I'm expecting too much"? I don't think you can reasonably expect anything more out of a quarterback. The only complaint I have about his play was that his reads and audibles took much time, and he had to burn a few time outs un-necessarily. I don't think that ended up hurting us, and it may have been the crowd noise, but I think that's the one area we can reasonably expect improvement.

The problems that he had in the second half were the result of some adjustments the Texans must have made at halftime. All of a sudden, they were in Daunte's face seemingly every play, forcing him into shorter throws. The offensive line let him down during the second half.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

lets just ignore people who say that about a qb who has a near perfect game. obviously he does not understand football if he complains about checkdowns. as for the o line play, i think we will see improvement next week against a 4-3, something were a little more used to

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

[quote="Jarhead"]
    -where was Moss?
    quote]

Yeah, I hate when Moss ONLY gets 5 catches for 90 yards and TWO touchdowns!! He was non-existent! What a joke!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Jarhead" wrote:
    "poult" wrote:
    jarhead, why do you think it was a negative day for daunte? or am i just reading your post wrong.
    I just wasn't impressed. Yeah his stats were good but I thought he was outshined by Carr. Daunte did have two nice TD's one to Moss and one to Robinson but everything else was dump passes. Moore had 12 catches. Yea he didn't loose the game with turnovers, which is nice but where is the explosion from this "high powered offense"? Why were we going 3 and out in the fourth quarter? Why was our first OT posession three dump passes to Moore? Maybe I'm expecting too much but I don't see Daunte "winning" the game vs. "not loosing the game".

And yes he did pull it out of his butt at the end with the pass to Robinson so it's hard to be too hard on him. I just think that if he was the play maker that I'm told he is we should not have gotten beat 28-7 in the second half.
    I think Jarhead is putting the blame on the wrong person. The 3 and outs, that is a play calling issue. The Texans stack us for the run and we played right into their hands. It left us with 2nd and long and 3rd and long.

As far as Duante Skolpepper is concerned, I have to stick up for him and the rest of the people on the board that think he did great. His throws are on the MONEY. If the receiver has to reach for a pass, it is because he is trying to get the ball between defenders. It is a mazing how accurate he is. Even on the long ball. He hit Robinson in stride 2 times. One M.R. dropped which would have been a touchdown. The second was 3 plays later and it was right on the money again, TOuchdown.

I can't complain about the Offense. Texas has a decent Defense.

We are one step closer to winning on the road without having to hear about our Road record. One step at a time.

Moore did awesome the whole game but I think that Kick return brain fart could have cost us the game. He must have thought he was on punt return duty or something letting it bounce around like that. Too much indecision. But I have to say that however it played out on that play, the way that ball was bouncing around, him grabbing that ball where he did was probably the best thing that happened. It could have easily been recovered by the Texans for a touchdown. That was a live ball. It could have been worse.

There was no reason that we couldn't have put that OT drive together in regulation. It is the play calling on both sides of the ball that determined that outcome, not just one player.

We have to remember, this is a team sport. Everyone has to play together well to be successful.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

I was at the game since i live in houston and i give randy an A for dancing and trash talking during the end of the first quarter and Tv commericals.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't get why people are critical of the offense. They put a lot of points on the board and won in overtime. The problem was that the D fell apart in the 4th quarter. The players get some of the blame but, IMO, it was the play calling of the coaches that deserve most of the blame. They didn't get up in their face and stop them. There is a reason we don't have any INT this year, (not enough pressure on the QB is usually the reason). I think we have the talent they just aren't being used to the best advantage. How about some line shift up front? Move some people around. Thats how you beat double teaming. Again thats not players, thats coaching.

WWBGD

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Re: Texans Game: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

re: "Rod smith plays for the broncos as a wideout. Im thinking you mean our rookie rod davis right?"

Rod DAVIS. Right you are hawaiianvike!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456