Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    poult is offline Asst. Coach

Texans Game: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

jarhead, why do you think it was a negative day for daunte? or am i just reading your post wrong.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"Jarhead" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    .Every time there was a big pass play I saw one constant, that constant was #25 running about five feet behind the reciever desparately chasing after the guy he was supposed to be covering. I'm sorry, but Mr. Shaw is who is to blame for the poor coverage. Carr went to the guy he was defending on almost every play. Irvin, we are missing you man!
    Isn't Johnson their #1 reciever? Why wasn't Williams or Winfield on him? Some of Johnson's catches were despite good coverage. Carr just had the guts to make the throw. Something that Culpepper used to do with Moss and needs to do again.

There was that one play where Johnson lined up in the slot and we had a LB on him. No match. At least Carr made throws and looked good. We have seen the Vikings Defense of past make quarterbacks look good, but this kid was slinging em today. That last Carr Johnson TD looked Identical to the Favre/Walker touchdown last week. The corner (Shaw) was not paying attention. Its over but I'm hot. Glad I get to go out and play some ball today...because Im pissed.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

silvermane is offline Rookie

i thought your front 4 played a very good game. they had lots of pressure on carr and were very effective against the run. they will get better as the season goes along.

Jarhead is offline Rookie

"poult" wrote:
    jarhead, why do you think it was a negative day for daunte? or am i just reading your post wrong.
    I just wasn't impressed. Yeah his stats were good but I thought he was outshined by Carr. Daunte did have two nice TD's one to Moss and one to Robinson but everything else was dump passes. Moore had 12 catches. Yea he didn't loose the game with turnovers, which is nice but where is the explosion from this "high powered offense"? Why were we going 3 and out in the fourth quarter? Why was our first OT posession three dump passes to Moore? Maybe I'm expecting too much but I don't see Daunte "winning" the game vs. "not loosing the game".

And yes he did pull it out of his butt at the end with the pass to Robinson so it's hard to be too hard on him. I just think that if he was the play maker that I'm told he is we should not have gotten beat 28-7 in the second half.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

eelpout72 is offline Starter

some more thoughts....

i think elling had a good game with his deep kickoffs

The tight ends didnt seem to do much today

Still no interceptions, we should have had one in the endzone (not sure who was defending on that play but it looked like it bounced off his hands)

Mewelde not only looked productive; he looked tough and was able to take some hard hits without fumbling and was able to get right back up

Marcus stepped up today (aside from that dropped pass)

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

uhhh... maybe i just didnt see it, but heres one

[size=24px][/size]NO TURNOVERS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Good post Foreman. You hit it all right on.

I'd also add another plus, we won on the road in overtime. How often have we seen that?

This quote is from the NFL.com recap "The Minnesota Vikings and quarterback Daunte Culpepper showed them what it takes to close one out."

I had to feel proud after reading that considering how many blown games we've seen from the Vikings in similiar situations over the years.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"sdvikefan" wrote:

I'd also add another plus, we won on the road in overtime. How often have we seen that?

This quote is from the NFL.com recap "The Minnesota Vikings and quarterback Daunte Culpepper showed them what it takes to close one out."

I had to feel proud after reading that considering how many blown games we've seen from the Vikings in similiar situations over the years.

Sadly it took overtime to put away a team who has only beaten the Raiders and the Chiefs.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I am glad we won. :thumbleft:

What I want to know is where is the 4th quarter game plan?? Why is it that we let teams overtake us in the 4th quarter even when we have big leads? I think the coaches need to put their heads together and come up with a way to keep a lead and stop throwing games away, especially to weaker teams.

WWBGD

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"hovan" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

Sadly it took overtime to put away a team who has only beaten the Raiders and the Chiefs.
    That's true...this game should never have gone to overtime.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast