Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Terry's thoughts (yes, he does have a few)

I didn't see anything posted on this, so here goes.....
    ==========================================

Terry Bradshaw's Week 10 review (Fox NFL)

That was a real disappointing loss for the New York Giants. Their special teams were awful. The total return yardage, counting the interceptions, was 394 yards. They had a kickoff, a punt and an interception returned for a touchdown against them.

I mean, holy smoke, those are just mental breakdowns. Then, they overcome all that to tie it up late, only to lose at home on a last-second field goal. That had to rip their hearts out.

Let's be honest, this was probably a game that the Giants looked at when they were at home and checked it off their schedule as a win. Players do that. That's what is so frustrating. They weren't ready to play this football game. They didn't take care of business. We were all jumping on their bandwagon in the studio, and they had a serious hiccup. I mean, a huge hiccup. They gave everybody in their division, especially Dallas, hope.

If the Cowboys beat Philadelphia on Monday night, they are tied with 6-3 records, but Dallas is in first place because they have already beaten the Giants.

I thought before the game started that the Vikings might slip in there and win because they have been playing hard lately. They have been running the football more with Brad Johnson in there at quarterback. You run the football because you don't want to get Brad beat up. Heck, you could say that the Vikings, at 4-5, are back in the NFC North mix.

What the New York fans have to understand is that Eli Manning just got his first road win last weekend. He is still a young quarterback. We all get caught up in his poise and everything, but he's still learning. This was his 16th NFL start, and he obviously still has a lot of learning to do. But the Giants can't get down on him. All quarterbacks throw four interceptions. It's all part of it.

But this is one they definitely let slip away. Minnesota did play hard, but in the back of their minds, the Giants were thinking "We'd win and be 7-2. How sweet would that be?"

The Giants simply put the cart before the horse.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Terry's thoughts (yes, he does have a few)

aww man that feels good to read...

Go vikes!!

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

God bless Terry! What a great feeling.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

OK :roll:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

What's wrong Freya? lol

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Any team that loses can say that they were "looking ahead of the other team" to next week, bla, bla, bla...

I disagree with Terry because the modern NFL is built around parity, and you have to get up for each game. There is no such thing as Team A being so much better than Team B on "any given Sunday", that you can look beyond them. I mean, does any team not gear up for Arizona or even the Jets ? You have to play like each game is the most important of the season. To say that the Giants are so good that they can look beyond other teams just doesn't really represent where they are right now, and where the NFC is.

Truth is: we played all 60 minutes with focus, they didn't. Period. Whatever excuse they use, it is just not important. We won, they lost. Period.

The NFC is still wide open, and we are in it. I looked at our schedule, and call me crazy, but I see us at 9-7 or 10-6.

Brad "managed" the game well, and like I said, we played with focus for 60 minutes... :grin:

I think that's the first good thing he's ever said about the Vikings. I do not like him. He is a hillbilly lover.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

By the way, what ever happened to Chris Walsh ? I mean, after that deal in Arizona...

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Any team that loses can say that they were "looking ahead of the other team" to next week, bla, bla, bla...

I disagree with Terry because the modern NFL is built around parity, and you have to get up for each game. There is no such thing as Team A being so much better than Team B on "any given Sunday", that you can look beyond them. I mean, does any team not gear up for Arizona or even the Jets ? You have to play like each game is the most important of the season. To say that the Giants are so good that they can look beyond other teams just doesn't really represent where they are right now, and where the NFC is.

Truth is: we played all 60 minutes with focus, they didn't. Period. Whatever excuse they use, it is just not important. We won, they lost. Period.

The NFC is still wide open, and we are in it. I looked at our schedule, and call me crazy, but I see us at 9-7 or 10-6.

Brad "managed" the game well, and like I said, we played with focus for 60 minutes... :grin:
    This Sunday was indeed "Any Given Sunday"

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

any given sunday is right. look at our division yesterday. 4-0. who would have picked that?
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast