Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Who Dat Nation  is offline Waterboy

Re:Terry Bradshaw is Rooting for the Saints

AngloVike wrote:
    Never realised that Bradshaw was a native from Louisiana - that accounts for him being such an annoying p***k and having a hairstyle modelled on the roof of the Superdome then..
    Go look at some old film of the Steelers when Terry was playing there. Perhaps the greatest team of all time were those Steeler teams-How many SuperBowl rings does Favre have??
    None

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Who Dat Nation wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Never realised that Bradshaw was a native from Louisiana - that accounts for him being such an annoying p***k and having a hairstyle modelled on the roof of the Superdome then..
    Go look at some old film of the Steelers when Terry was playing there. Perhaps the greatest team of all time were those Steeler teams-How many SuperBowl rings does Favre have??
    One more than your team.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Who Dat Nation wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    One, but what do you care? He never played for the Saints, neither did Bradshaw.

You don't see guys here going around saying
    "Look at old film of the Raiders when Madden was coaching there. Perhaps the greatest team of all time were those Raider teams-How many SuperBowl rings does Sean Payton have??" - Just because he's from Minnesota.

Or me saying "Look at old film of the Redskins when Theismann was playing there. Perhaps the greatest team of all time were those Redskins teams-How many SuperBowl rings does Brees have??" - Just because he's from New Jersey.

It doesn't fucking matter where he's from. He's an obnoxious guy with zero journalistic integrity, but the arrogance to still call himself an analyst.

doctorj2u is offline Waterboy

I want to apologize to this board. I let my anger over the past get the better of me. As I said I spent everyday for over three years, until I knew the city would survive, fighting for my hometown. My default reaction is to attack. Now that I had a night to cool down, I regret my last posting. The city is healing and I am healing too. Again, I apologize for any hurt I caused.
    None

AngloVike wrote:
    None

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

AsylumGuido wrote:
    STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:

EDITED: For accuracy. My family and others on here have disabled children, it IS a big deal. Choose your words with a little more sensitivity please.

As for new orleans, there are plenty of people that left after katrina, and more then a few that never went back. When you choose to live in a city located where NO is, bad things can happen.
    I respect your edit, but as for your other remark, bad things can happen anywhere. I take it as a personal affront because I allowed my son to go to New Orleans to attend school at the one of the finest film programs in the country. I love the city and would have never sent him somewhere I feared.

Yes, plenty of people left New Orleans. Over 100,000 homes were destroyed. What would you expect? Many didn't return. Correct. But more return every day.

This is the only thing that I hate about visiting other teams site. Amongst all the good-natured ribbing and straight forward sharing of info, it always seems that there is someone who feel the need to attack the city and it people.
    I don't necessarily think he was 'attacking the city and it's people.' I think he was just stating a fact, I don't think he was trying to knock on the people of New Orleans. Well, I didn't see it like that anyway...

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

JohnLSU wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

+1 Jealous of Favres career, as well as the fact he is 40 and has a full scalp of hair.

I doubt the Guy is Jealous at Brett Favre. The Man is 61 years old, has won 4 Super Bowls Titles and is inducted in NFL Hall of Fame. Lets wait and see if Brett has his hair 21 years from now.
    Bradshaw certainly doesn't have any good reason to be jealous with those rings, however, I hear Favre's name is tossed into the best QB of all time mix a lot more than I hear Bradshaw's... He could be jealous of that.

I do think he's rooting for the Saints because he's from Louisiana, though. I don't know why it would suprise anyone.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Who Dat Nation wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    One, but what do you care? He never played for the Saints, neither did Bradshaw.

I don't care, only commenting an a subject someone else brought up.

"Look at old film of the Raiders when Madden was coaching there. Perhaps the greatest team of all time were those Raider teams-How many SuperBowl rings does Sean Payton have??" - Just because he's from Minnesota.

Bradshaw didn't play for the Raiders.

Or me saying "Look at old film of the Redskins when Theismann was playing there. Perhaps the greatest team of all time were those Redskins teams-How many SuperBowl rings does Brees have??" - Just because he's from New Jersey.

New Jersey is just east of Minneapolis, right??

It doesn't fucking matter where he's from. He's an obnoxious guy with zero journalistic integrity, but the arrogance to still call himself an analyst.
    Perhaps, but he was a tremendous football player, couldn't control where he was born (mom and Dad did that), and never called himself an analyst. He is a Sports commentator. Perhaps you need an analyst????
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Who Dat Nation wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Who Dat Nation wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:

I don't care, only commenting an a subject someone else brought up. - Who Dat Nation.

Bradshaw didn't play for the Raiders. - Who Dat Nation.

New Jersey is just east of Minneapolis, right?? - Who Dat Nation.

Perhaps, but he was a tremendous football player, couldn't control where he was born (mom and Dad did that), and never called himself an analyst. He is a Sports commentator. Perhaps you need an analyst????
    Quite the contrary.

I'm saying that you shouldn't be using Terry Bradshaw's career to degrade Brett Favre's simply because he is from Louisiana. Which is why I used the Madden and Theismann parodies. Which were very easy to understand, and by no means should have given you the idea that I believe Bradshaw played for the Raiders. They were intended to show the irrelevance of where someone is from in an debate comparing the New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings.

As far as the "New Jersey is just east of Minneapolis, right?" comment goes, I don't even know what you're insinuating.

And Bradshaw has called himself an analyst.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I think we can agree that Bradshaw will never be an award winning sports journalist, As for his team of the 70's being the best ever-It's quite possible, But I wouldn't be giving him the majority of the recognition for that-He was a very good QB, As was Swan, Stallworth, and Harris, But their D was unbelievable!
    Also I never intended to try and sound like I know what it's like to live through Katrina, I can't imagine how terrible that must of been, I was just trying to make this a football argument/Debate, Honestly, If the Vikings weren't playing in this game I would be pulling for the Saints, They've had their share of losing seasons which most Minnesota fans have had more than their share of.
    We've already come to the conclusion that the Saints fans that have been posting here are a hundred times more respectful than last weeks Cowboy fans, That alone makes it a little harder to talk the usual crap about our opponent.
    Still we're Vikings fans and stick with them through thick and thin and tomorrow we'll be yelling and screaming (With a lot of cussing) for a win.

SKOL
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345