Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

Re:Terry Bradshaw is Rooting for the Saints

V4L wrote:
    Good point Mr. A.. Please if you wish to be an analyst be unbiased

And i'm trying not to be a dick at all here either.. But I also agree that because there was a disaster down there (large one to boot) that the Saints players deserve this one more then the Vikes players

Both teams deserve it equally right now.. And the winning team deserves it more after that

I still feel for the people down there.. But I don't think winning a championship really helps with rebuilding the city all that much
    I am not saying either team deserves it more. I am saying that the Saints fans and team are more emotionally invested. This cannot be helped.

As for winning a championship helping to rebuild the city ... hosting two playoff games have generated millions of dollars for a local economy that is in dire straits. Bourbon Street on Saturday night was busier than it has been since last Mardi Gras. This success is huge for New Orleans rebuilding efforts. Every piece of media attention that the city can garner helps. Two weeks of dedicated coverage leading into the Super Bowl would reap incredible benefits for New Orleans.

It would be huge.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Mr Anderson wrote:
    It doesn't matter where he's from. Right now he works for Fox sports, he should at least try to unbiased. But that's Fox I guess.

It drives me nuts how they give Aikman Cowboys games all the time. Some "analysts" are no better than most homer fans.
    +1

AsylumGuido wrote:

I am not saying either team deserves it more. I am saying that the Saints fans and team are more emotionally invested. This cannot be helped.

As for winning a championship helping to rebuild the city ... hosting two playoff games have generated millions of dollars for a local economy that is in dire straits. Bourbon Street on Saturday night was busier than it has been since last Mardi Gras. This success is huge for New Orleans rebuilding efforts. Every piece of media attention that the city can garner helps. Two weeks of dedicated coverage leading into the Super Bowl would reap incredible benefits for New Orleans.

It would be huge.
    Hell, The vikings should WIN this one for the victims of the 35W bridge collapse.

As for the saints getting media attention:
    They should, what else do you have?
    The HORNETS? LOL

Saints will have all off season to ponder the 29th pick in the draft, they should remember 'There's always next year'.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I agree and disagree, As far as the money issue goes, The American, and Foreign donations exceeded a Billion dollars http://philanthropy.com/free/update/2005/09/2005091201.htm
    So this games money is a spit in the bucket as far as that goes.
    That being said Don't think for a second I'm saying they've been helped enough, I know they have a lot of work still ahead and many areas will never recover, The lives, jobs, neighborhoods lost can't be replaced with money alone, And I feel the same as most of the country and world did when the terrible hurricane happened,

That being said on a football related comparrison I believe the Vikings need this more than the Saints due to having four Super Bowl appearances and four losses, We constantly have to hear about never winning the big one, having all those great teams of the 70's and coming away with zilch.
    Favre is obviously the main reason we made it as far as we have this year-Don't start with Jackson might have gotten us this far-No he wouldn't of, Whether you want to continue to bash Favre (Why a TRUE fan would is ridiculous!! But a few STILL stick with that silly non sense) or not bash him.
    He's 40 and might not play after this year again, or even with one more year, our chances will diminish when he retires, Brees on the other hand is much younger and will continue to be a top 3 QB along with his young nucleus, and they should stay near the top and contend for the title for a few years.
    So my rambling point is this, We don't have much time, The Saints have much more, and we've lost all four big games we've been in and NEED this in a bad way.
    Any of you that take this as some bashing of the wonderful city of New Orleans is doing so on purpose, I think it's a great city with rich history and any other time would be pulling for them.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

AsylumGuido wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Good point Mr. A.. Please if you wish to be an analyst be unbiased

And i'm trying not to be a dick at all here either.. But I also agree that because there was a disaster down there (large one to boot) that the Saints players deserve this one more then the Vikes players

Both teams deserve it equally right now.. And the winning team deserves it more after that

I still feel for the people down there.. But I don't think winning a championship really helps with rebuilding the city all that much

It would be huge.
    I can agree with the financial benefits to the city, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on the emotional vestments. I can't put into words how attached I am to my team and how much it would mean to me to win a Super Bowl. I know the same could be said about many Vikings fans on this site.

As a whole though, you are probably right...per capita I'm guessing that there are more Saints fans with the extreme emotional attachment to their team. There are plenty of fickle fans up here in Minnesota...we can't even rally enough support to build a new stadium at the threat of losing our current team.

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

marstc09 wrote:
    No it is because Bradshaw can't stand Favre. He always talks smack about him. He is jealous of him.
    Amen! My thoughts exactly! Plus, Bradshaw is not a private citizen entitled to his personal opinion but rather a paid professional sports broadcaster involved with this game and as such should show some professional impartiality.

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

molineviking wrote:
    I agree and disagree, As far as the money issue goes, The American, and Foreign donations exceeded a Billion dollars http://philanthropy.com/free/update/2005/09/2005091201.htm
    So this games money is a spit in the bucket as far as that goes.
    That being said Don't think for a second I'm saying they've been helped enough, I know they have a lot of work still ahead and many areas will never recover, The lives, jobs, neighborhoods lost can't be replaced with money alone, And I feel the same as most of the country and world did when the terrible hurricane happened,

That being said on a football related comparrison I believe the Vikings need this more than the Saints due to having four Super Bowl appearances and four losses, We constantly have to hear about never winning the big one, having all those great teams of the 70's and coming away with zilch.
    Favre is obviously the main reason we made it as far as we have this year-Don't start with Jackson might have gotten us this far-No he wouldn't of, Whether you want to continue to bash Favre (Why a TRUE fan would is ridiculous!! But a few STILL stick with that silly non sense) or not bash him.
    He's 40 and might not play after this year again, or even with one more year, our chances will diminish when he retires, Brees on the other hand is much younger and will continue to be a top 3 QB along with his young nucleus, and they should stay near the top and contend for the title for a few years.
    So my rambling point is this, We don't have much time, The Saints have much more, and we've lost all four big games we've been in and NEED this in a bad way.
    Any of you that take this as some bashing of the wonderful city of New Orleans is doing so on purpose, I think it's a great city with rich history and any other time would be pulling for them.
    Well said! Wonderful post that captures my thoughts EXACTLY!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

scottishvike wrote:
    To be honest if the Saints were playing any other team, I'd be rooting for them as well.
    If it was not for all of that Who Dat crap. Why do teams that have been perrenial losers have to come up with some really poor slogans? It is like, "We stunk it up for years, but IN YOUR FACE!"

doctorj2u is offline Waterboy

First, I am only speaking for myself and my own experiences. In the first year after Katrina there were exactly 2 bits of good news, where the rest was bad, as in life and death bad. I will stay away from the bad because that will set a storm of political comments. The good news? Drew Brees signed with the Saints and Reggie Bush was drafted. While the politicians haggled who was at fault and the press went on their journey of trying to make America face its problems with race, the city rotted. Do you know the FIRST help I remember. Reggie Bush donating $50,000 to repair the high school football field at City Park and saved a school for retarded children that was going to be forced to close. Drew Brees was everywhere in the community doing what he could to help. These players never called us stupid for rebuilding our homes and life. They supported us, praised the courage they saw everywhere and gave us encouragement. They loved us and we loved them. It was a completely symbiotic relationship. We needed each other. YEARS of depression and suffering have a terrible effect on the psychi, but the Saints gave us an outlet from dealing with incompetent government, evil contractors, etc. Katrina happened Aug 2005. I knew April 2008 that the city would survive. I knew my mother's town, a Mississippi Gulf Coast beach town would survive May 2009. The Saints have been there for us the entire time. Katrina is still not over. It will take 10 to 20 years for her effects to be completely behind us. I hope this explains the very special relationships between the Saints and the fans. I don't expect you to understand because you can't. You did not feel the years of loss. You did not feel the years of abandonment. You did not feel the joy when something very dear to you, something you thought was lost forever, is saved. Our team; our city. Finish strong!
    And to whoever talked about the billions of dollars, if it never reaches the people in need, it might as well be zero. It did actually reach us, but it took about three years to get into the right hands. I will never give to the Red Cross again. I donate to the Salvatiion Army and religious organization and Habitiat for Humanity.
    None

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

doctorj2u wrote:
    First, I am only speaking for myself and my own experiences. In the first year after Katrina there were exactly 2 bits of good news, where the rest was bad, as in life and death bad. I will stay away from the bad because that will set a storm of political comments. The good news? Drew Brees signed with the Saints and Reggie Bush was drafted. While the politicians haggled who was at fault and the press went on their journey of trying to make America face its problems with race, the city rotted. Do you know the FIRST help I remember. Reggie Bush donating $50,000 to repair the high school football field at City Park and saved a school for retarded children that was going to be forced to close. Drew Brees was everywhere in the community doing what he could to help. These players never called us stupid for rebuilding our homes and life. They supported us, praised the courage they saw everywhere and gave us encouragement. They loved us and we loved them. It was a completely symbiotic relationship. We needed each other. YEARS of depression and suffering have a terrible effect on the psychi, but the Saints gave us an outlet from dealing with incompetent government, evil contractors, etc. Katrina happened Aug 2005. I knew April 2008 that the city would survive. I knew my mother's town, a Mississippi Gulf Coast beach town would survive May 2009. The Saints have been there for us the entire time. Katrina is still not over. It will take 10 to 20 years for her effects to be completely behind us. I hope this explains the very special relationships between the Saints and the fans. I don't expect you to understand because you can't. You did not feel the years of loss. You did not feel the years of abandonment. You did not feel the joy when something very dear to you, something you thought was lost forever, is saved. Our team; our city. Finish strong!
    And to whoever talked about the billions of dollars, if it never reaches the people in need, it might as well be zero. It did actually reach us, but it took about three years to get into the right hands. I will never give to the Red Cross again. I donate to the Salvatiion Army and religious organization and Habitiat for Humanity.
    Read this. Understand this. This is New Orleans. I am from Bossier City in the northeastern part of the stae, but my son lives in New Orleans and ...

Our Team ... Our City ... Finish Strong!!!
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast