Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Terry Bradshaw is Rooting for the Saints

marstc09 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    Terry Bradshaw is rooting for the Saints

'Said Bradshaw: "I get to hand that trophy over to Drew Brees and I say, 'Take this around the stadium, my friend. Enjoy.' What a scene, huh?"

I don't like TB but I will say thanks for the extra motivation!
    Why wouldn't Bradshaw be pulling for the Saints? He is a Louisianian and knows very well what this means to the city of New Orleans and the state. It is huge. I am sure every Viking would expect no less from him.
    No it is because Bradshaw can't stand Favre. He always talks smack about him. He is jealous of him.
    +1 Jealous of Favres career, as well as the fact he is 40 and has a full scalp of hair.

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Bradshaw is about as annoying at they come as a commentator. Also, whenever he doesnít get his way he acts like a little 6 year old pouting or throwing a tantrum. Iím glad heís going for the Saints, as long as Frank Caliendo votes for us lol.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

AsylumGuido wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

'Said Bradshaw: "I get to hand that trophy over to Drew Brees and I say, 'Take this around the stadium, my friend. Enjoy.' What a scene, huh?"

Why wouldn't Bradshaw be pulling for the Saints? He is a Louisianian and knows very well what this means to the city of New Orleans and the state. It is huge. I am sure every Viking would expect no less from him.
    I don't buy into the idea that because the city of N.O. was decimated by a hurricane several years ago that winning the NFCC game means more to them than many of the other teams that would be in the same situation...like the Vikings.

If this would have been the 2005/6 Superbowl or even 06/07 I would feel completely different about it.

I mean when the Giants won the SB the majority people didn't dramatize it as some small victory against 9/11.

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

marstc09 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

No it is because Bradshaw can't stand Favre. He always talks smack about him. He is jealous of him.
    Talk about self centered thinking. Listen, Bradshaw grew up about 10 miles from here in northwest Louisiana, went to a local high school and attended Louisiana Tech. He has always and still is very involved in several projects in the state. Post Katrina Bradshaw, along with several Louisiana businessmen, offered to buy the Saints to keep them in the state.

Compared to the Saints and Louisiana, Brett Favre is as significant to Bradshaw as a freckle on his arse.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Never realised that Bradshaw was a native from Louisiana - that accounts for him being such an annoying p***k and having a hairstyle modelled on the roof of the Superdome then..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

I don't buy into the idea that because the city of N.O. was decimated by a hurricane several years ago that winning the NFCC game means more to them than many of the other teams that would be in the same situation...like the Vikings.

If this would have been the 2005/6 Superbowl or even 06/07 I would feel completely different about it.

I mean when the Giants won the SB the majority people didn't dramatize it as some small victory against 9/11.
    Unless you have been through a disaster personally you have no clue how it affects the population. While a great deal of New Orleans has bounced back strong, you cannot drive through the city, or speak for any time at all to the people, or read any newspaper without the affects of that event hitting you square between the eyes. It is a well known fact that Post Catastrophe Syndrome affects its victims for years. Sure, it means nothing to you because it was a distant unconnected event. But to the people of South Louisiana and the Gulf Coast it is still here and now and will be part of their lives for years to come. And the fact is that several of the players are in those numbers and several of the players that joined the team in 2006 were there through the toughest early days and have a special connection.

Believe what you may, but in my mind I have no doubt that the Saints and their fans want, no need this more than anything you could imagine. There is no more next year. This year is that year.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

AsylumGuido wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

Unless you have been through a disaster personally you have no clue how it affects the population. While a great deal of New Orleans has bounced back strong, you cannot drive through the city, or speak for any time at all to the people, or read any newspaper without the affects of that event hitting you square between the eyes. It is a well known fact that Post Catastrophe Syndrome affects its victims for years. Sure, it means nothing to you because it was a distant unconnected event. But to the people of South Louisiana and the Gulf Coast it is still here and now and will be part of their lives for years to come. And the fact is that several of the players are in those numbers and several of the players that joined the team in 2006 were there through the toughest early days and have a special connection.

Believe what you may, but in my mind I have no doubt that the Saints and their fans want, no need this more than anything you could imagine. There is no more next year. This year is that year.
    I understand completely that effects of the hurricane are still prevalent, both physically and emotionally, but I still don't' understand how somebody's favorite football team winning a championship is going to make anything better, at least long term.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It doesn't matter where he's from. Right now he works for Fox sports, he should at least try to unbiased. But that's Fox I guess.

It drives me nuts how they give Aikman Cowboys games all the time. Some "analysts" are no better than most homer fans.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good point Mr. A.. Please if you wish to be an analyst be unbiased

And i'm trying not to be a dick at all here either.. But I also agree that because there was a disaster down there (large one to boot) that the Saints players deserve this one more then the Vikes players

Both teams deserve it equally right now.. And the winning team deserves it more after that

I still feel for the people down there.. But I don't think winning a championship really helps with rebuilding the city all that much

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    slavinator wrote:

I understand completely that effects of the hurricane are still prevalent, both physically and emotionally, but I still don't' understand how somebody's favorite football team winning a championship is going to make anything better, at least long term.
    That's because you are not from down there. It is amazing how much this means to the people down there. It means a lot to me, as well, but the people that live there have taken hold of this team and live through them. There have been articles written by disaster therapists which have supported this special connection.

As a side note ... as many may know, certain areas of New Orleans experience high violent crime. These areas are primarily drug infested and gang ridden areas off the beaten public path. Murders in these areas can happen at any time on any day. But, not a single killing took place during a Saints game all season long.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast