Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

Ten years ago, the seemingly unstoppable Vikings went from best to bust in the m

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11481314?source=rss

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ten years ago, the seemingly unstoppable Vikings went from best to bust in t

There is nothing more satisfying than opening an old wound and pouring salt into it.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ten years ago, the seemingly unstoppable Vikings went from best to bust in the m

I would say the loss to the Cowboys on the "Hail Mary" push off pass was even a greater loss. I'm rereading the book "A tradition of Purple" and throughout the book it says that that was the greatest loss the Vikings ever suffered. Bud Grant, who never seemed to get upset at anything, was visibly shaken by that loss as we all the management.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ten years ago, the seemingly unstoppable Vikings went from best to bust in t

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    There is nothing more satisfying than opening an old wound and pouring salt into it.

Seriously...I hate reliving this and other big losses. I live for the day when we can look back on a Super Bowl victory, which will wipe out all of the losses...for me anyway.

Until that time, I will honor the Viking greats of the past, but I won't live there. I'm looking to the future when we will have that victory.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ten years ago, the seemingly unstoppable Vikings went from best to bust in the m

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I would say the loss to the Cowboys on the "Hail Mary" push off pass was even a greater loss. I'm rereading the book "A tradition of Purple" and throughout the book it says that that was the greatest loss the Vikings ever suffered. Bud Grant, who never seemed to get upset at anything, was visibly shaken by that loss as we all the management.
    yeah, thanks to the wrong pass interference call by the refs.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I hate Fat Denny

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Fans conditioned for Minnesota Vikings' doom, gloom[/size]

By Brian Murphy
    [email protected]
    Updated: 01/17/2009 11:06:39 PM CST

Fatalism runs deep among Vikings fans conditioned for failure regardless of success.

A generation too young to bear scars from the team's 0-for-4 Super Bowl anguish of the 1970s carries emotional baggage from the Vikings' 30-27 overtime loss to the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC championship game Jan. 17, 1999....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Five opportunities that could have changed the 1999 NFC championship game[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 01/17/2009 11:05:03 PM CST

Gary Anderson's missed field goal, a 38-yarder that would have given the Vikings a 10-point lead with 2:07 remaining, is the enduring failure of their 1999 NFC championship game loss to Atlanta. However, there were other missed opportunities....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Articnv is offline Coach

slow news day

Must we torture ourselves with this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast