Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 122
  1. #21
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    One thing about TJ we should keep in mind.

    Once he's the number one QB it's a whole new world mentally.

    Finally, he'll be the one in charge and it will be HIS team.

    I think you could see a significant change in performance.

    Also, his contract must be up soon and he has every reason to excel in order to get a whole bunch of millions.

    He might just do pretty good.

    Then he'll get snapped up by another team, probably.

    So it goes. Webb might be a lot of fun.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  2. #22
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Thing is, those INTs you listed actually did happen... as did the 'penalized' INT in the Lions game. They should have all been INTs, because they were INTs.
    Of course, but most of them were not his fault.

    The receivers screwed up and his pass protection looked like the other team must have had a 20-man rush.

    Be real.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  3. #23
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Infidel wrote:
    Thing is, those INTs you listed actually did happen... as did the 'penalized' INT in the Lions game. They should have all been INTs, because they were INTs.
    Of course, but most of them were not his fault.

    The receivers screwed up and his pass protection looked like the other team must have had a 20-man rush.

    Be real.
    Sure, but they are still INTs. take away the two "tipped" ones and Favre has 2 TDs and 4 INTs. So, I guess you're arguing that he sucks a little less?
    None

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Marrdro wrote:
    bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.
    You didn't. Marrdro did.

    TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    And I still believe it.
    After the way Tarvaris has been shunted aside for Favre the past two seasons, what makes you think he'd re-sign here?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.
    You didn't. Marrdro did.

    TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    And I still believe it.
    After the way Tarvaris has been shunted aside for Favre the past two seasons, what makes you think he'd re-sign here?

    =Z=
    Adrian Peterson.

    Honestly, his familiarity with the system and the players on the roster... but I definitely see your point.
    None

  6. #26
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Sure, but they are still INTs. take away the two "tipped" ones and Favre has 2 TDs and 4 INTs.
    I'm not at all sure you can call even four of them his fault, but even if you do......look at all those other QBs that rank better than him.

    Some of them have a lot of interceptions and they probably had good receivers and certainly better pass protection than our motley crew of stumbling Frankensteins.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  7. #27
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Infidel wrote:
    I'm not at all sure you can call even four of them his fault, but even if you do......look at all those other QBs that rank better than him.

    Some of them have a lot of interceptions and they probably had good receivers and certainly better pass protection than our motley crew of stumbling Frankensteins.
    Excuses are for losers, plain and simple.

    Let's go back and look at Jackson's WR corps while he was a starter... want to start pointing blame for INTs? His #1 WR was Troy Williamson.

    People criticize Jackson, then go on to defend Favre and blame the WRs. Funny how Favre's INTs are different. Never really seem to be his fault.

    Bottom line, Favre is playing awful. He would tell you the same.
    None

  8. #28
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Brick wrote:
    bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Yeah, we're in trouble... and honestly think we'll win 5-8 games this year.

    Jackson should probably be starting... not like he could do much worse, at least he can evade the rush.
    The "The Noodle Gives us the Best Chance to Win" crowd has been strangely quiet this year.

    In the end, Hank will give him a big target that will help out until El Syd gets back in time to make him look good allowing us to sneak into the playoffs.

    TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    No, I still believe quite firmly that if Tarvaris comes in, our season is lost. This season will live (or die) by Favre. If he doesn't shape up, T-Joke sure as shit won't.

    And furthermore, you're assuming that Jackson is even going to be on the team next year, seeing as how we've had three other quarterbacks on the roster this year, all of whom outplayed him.
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.

    I firmly believe if Favre stays in, our season is lost.

    But, regardless of what you think, Jackson could definitely play better than Favre is now and would give us a better chance to win. That is fact. He actually WANTS to play (not just saying it's a "favor" that he's playing) and he actually practices.
    This is hands down the most ridiculous post I have ever read on PP.O. Granted I've only been around 5 years.

    My favorite part underlined. Tarvaris Jackson gives us a better chance to win than Favre...that is FACT...lmao.

    What in the hell are you basing this "fact" off of? Jackson's preseason performance? Last year's garbage time performance? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

    Jackson might not tank our season worse than Favre, but it is far from "fact" that he is an upgrade over Favre.

  9. #29
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    Bottom line, Favre is playing awful. He would tell you the same.
    Of course he would.

    He's not going to boast or blame his teammates.

    But the team has failed him.

    Yes, they failed TJ a lot, too......although I don't think the combo of poor receivers and pathetic pass protection hit TJ quite as perfectly.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  10. #30
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Yeah, we're in trouble... and honestly think we'll win 5-8 games this year.

    Jackson should probably be starting... not like he could do much worse, at least he can evade the rush.
    The "The Noodle Gives us the Best Chance to Win" crowd has been strangely quiet this year.

    In the end, Hank will give him a big target that will help out until El Syd gets back in time to make him look good allowing us to sneak into the playoffs.

    TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    No, I still believe quite firmly that if Tarvaris comes in, our season is lost. This season will live (or die) by Favre. If he doesn't shape up, T-Joke sure as shit won't.

    And furthermore, you're assuming that Jackson is even going to be on the team next year, seeing as how we've had three other quarterbacks on the roster this year, all of whom outplayed him.
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.

    I firmly believe if Favre stays in, our season is lost.

    But, regardless of what you think, Jackson could definitely play better than Favre is now and would give us a better chance to win. That is fact. He actually WANTS to play (not just saying it's a "favor" that he's playing) and he actually practices.
    This is hands down the most ridiculous post I have ever read on PP.O. Granted I've only been around 5 years.

    My favorite part underlined. Tarvaris Jackson gives us a better chance to win than Favre...that is FACT...lmao.

    What in the hell are you basing this "fact" off of? Jackson's preseason performance? Last year's garbage time performance? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

    Jackson might not tank our season worse than Favre, but it is far from "fact" that he is an upgrade over Favre.
    Can't play much worse than Favre... only Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore have played worse. So yes, I believe it is fact.

    Jackson performed better with Williamson and Wade as starting WRs than Favre is now. That is a fact.
    None

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress: A scare, then relief
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 07:51 AM
  2. Sigh
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 02:38 PM
  3. Comic Relief
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
  4. Donating for South Asia Relief
    By PAvikesfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 10:21 AM
  5. Sigh
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 03:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •