Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

Brick wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Yeah, we're in trouble... and honestly think we'll win 5-8 games this year.

Jackson should probably be starting... not like he could do much worse, at least he can evade the rush.
    The "The Noodle Gives us the Best Chance to Win" crowd has been strangely quiet this year.

In the end, Hank will give him a big target that will help out until El Syd gets back in time to make him look good allowing us to sneak into the playoffs.

TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    Favre has the third worst passer rating in the league... only in front of Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen.

Oh, and he's tied with Eli Manning for most INTs in the league... and should really have 7 INTs, as the "Illegal Contact" penalty last weekend was non-existent.

This is how I expected Favre to play last season, which is why I was against him in the first place. Jackson can perfom at... or above this level. I'm 100% sure of that.
    Agree on almost all accounts my friend.

Just one minor thing though. The more I watch the Noodle, the more I liken him to Eli, especially when it comes to accuracy.

Eli didn't get more accurate, they got him a reciever (Plex) who had a wingspan just short of a 747. All Eli had to do was get it close.

As I said most of the offseason, El Syd was the Noodles Plex. Without that big target, the Noodle looks like most of us thought he would.

Again, I think Hank (along with a bruising running game/sound defense)will be just good enough to help out and when El Syd returns all will be well.

I'm thinking 11-5/12-4 ish.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.
    You didn't. Marrdro did.

TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    Gotcha. I miss the Roadhouse avatar.
    None

I'm not saying Favre is a good option. If Sage were still on this team, I'd support bringing in the backup. But Tarvaris is our #2, despite the fact that he's the fourth-best quarterback to play for the team in 2010.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Low rating is no big deal.

A lot of the people with higher ratings than Favre probably have pass protection.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.
    You didn't. Marrdro did.

And I still believe it.

Heck, most of you know how quickly I throw a player under the bus if I don't think he improves the team.

Call it a hunch, along with some things I've seen since the Noodle got here, but I really think TJ is ready. I just hope he elects to stay and doesn't take his talents elsewhere. hmy:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

Brick wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

Jackson should probably be starting... not like he could do much worse, at least he can evade the rush.
    The "The Noodle Gives us the Best Chance to Win" crowd has been strangely quiet this year.

In the end, Hank will give him a big target that will help out until El Syd gets back in time to make him look good allowing us to sneak into the playoffs.

Favre has the third worst passer rating in the league... only in front of Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen.

Oh, and he's tied with Eli Manning for most INTs in the league... and should really have 7 INTs, as the "Illegal Contact" penalty last weekend was non-existent.

This is how I expected Favre to play last season, which is why I was against him in the first place. Jackson can perfom at... or above this level. I'm 100% sure of that.
    What? If you are going to start talking about he would have had another int. then we should start talking about the ones he should not have. Hitting PH in the chest and it bouncing off him into a Miami defender's hands. The fumble in the endzone who is that on. The int. in the DEt. game his hand was hit that is not this fault. Brett should have three ints. not five. And Tj is not going to do any better with BB, Greg Lewis and Camarillo. Sorry that is not an all pro wr corp.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

Heck, most of you know how quickly I throw a player under the bus if I don't think he improves the team.
    HA! as evident by your man-crush on Tahi?

You should have typed:

Heck, most of you know how quickly I throw a player under the bus if I don't like one or more things he's done, despite what he may or may not do for the team. Heck, the more vets that bite the dust the better, it gives our 'incredible depth' the opportunity to shine.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

No, I still believe quite firmly that if Tarvaris comes in, our season is lost. This season will live (or die) by Favre. If he doesn't shape up, T-Joke sure as shit won't.
    I think it's inevitable that TJ comes in.....the only way he wouldn't is if Favre gets better pass protection and thus stays on for the full season.

Favre will not be stupid enough (or tough enough) to stay for more than a few games if the pass protection is not improved significantly.

Since I doubt that is possible, I see a TJ in our future within a couple of games.

I strongly suspect that Favre will REFUSE to give the excellent Green Bay pass rush a chance to grind him into the familiar dirt of Lambeau Field--as much as they crave revenge, I don't think he'll give them the pleasure.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LOL! The last thing Favre will do is miss a chance to stick it to his old team again.

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

What? If you are going to start talking about he would have had another int. then we should start talking about the ones he should not have. Hitting PH in the chest and it bouncing off him into a Miami defender's hands. The fumble in the endzone who is that on. The int. in the DEt. game his hand was hit that is not this fault. Brett should have three ints. not five. And Tj is not going to do any better with BB, Greg Lewis and Camarillo. Sorry that is not an all pro wr corp.
    Thing is, those INTs you listed actually did happen... as did the 'penalized' INT in the Lions game. They should have all been INTs, because they were INTs.

The penalty, if you watch the film, was more on Lewis.
    None

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast