Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Well, here is my question. It seems we will probably all agree that Favre is not a mobile QB, and Vick is. But, I think the bigger questions are:

1. What is the difference between a mobile QB and one that moves well in the pocket?
    2. Would you rather have a mobile QB, or one that moves well in the pocket?

In my opinion, there are differences between mobile and moving well in the pocket.
    There are two types of mobile, like you stated.

there are mobile QB's, and there are scramblers.

Favre is mobile, TJ is a scrambler.

Tom Brady is Mobile, Vick is a scrambler.

I'd rather have a guy that can move a little bit IN the pocket to buy time, than a guy who can take off and get chunks of yards.

Lets put it this way, Vick doesn't score a TD vs. the 49ers with 2 seconds left, but Favre did.
    I agree with you, that is why I posed the question. Buy your time in the pocket, and take off only when necessary.

And remember, Vick did crush us with his legs in OT

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Well, here is my question. It seems we will probably all agree that Favre is not a mobile QB, and Vick is. But, I think the bigger questions are:

1. What is the difference between a mobile QB and one that moves well in the pocket?

In my opinion, there are differences between mobile and moving well in the pocket.

I'd rather have a guy that can move a little bit IN the pocket to buy time, than a guy who can take off and get chunks of yards.

Lets put it this way, Vick doesn't score a TD vs. the 49ers with 2 seconds left, but Favre did.
    Well, that's impossible to prove.

It's also living in the past.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Infidel wrote:
    Nice dodge.
    Did Infidel really just accuse someone of dodging a question? LOL. That made my day.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

jrjohn wrote:
    I think one thing needs to be understood. This is not a one demensional game. Every aspect of the game is hinged to another. Example... Farve gets sacked, is it his fault, the lines fault, the recievers fault? It could be Brett, being that he can't run to escape the defenders. It could be the recievers who are not clever or fast enough to get open. It could be the defensive line who misses an assignment. It could be the coach that calls the wrong play given the strengts of the opponant. It could also be a combination of all the above.
    Can't fault you on that.

But when you break it down here is what you will find. The line can defend Favre most of the time, the recievers can get open most of the time, but Brett can never run.
    Well, MOST of the receivers can't get open consistently and MOST of the receivers can't catch the ball consistently....so I have to disagree there.

The line (and other pass protection) can NOT defend Favre, that's been painfully clear (the pain belongs to Favre).

Maybe Brett could run....we don't know because they avoid it--you can't risk your only Superbowl hope--he gets hurt and we're back to a team without hope.

If they even look at him he falls down and or drops the ball.
    Not at all a realistic statement.....just hyperbole.

When you don't have a mobile quarterback, you loose one demension of the game, thus putting more pressure on the other players. And while it looks like the line or receivers are at fault, it's not always true.
    In the case of the Vikings, it's pretty much true. If Favre was a good scrambler he'd be scrambling almost every play--that's simply not the way you win football games. You win with consistently good pass protection and good receivers.

Go back to the Packers/Eagles game if you watched it. The packers pounded the starting quarterback, finally putting him out of the game. Things were bleek. Then came Michael Vick, and all hell broke loose. The same defensive line that was pounding the starter, couldn't get close to Vick due to his quickness.
    Part of that is that the Eagles were making adjustments to the Packer rush and it was working better for Vick--but comparing Vick to Favre is invalid for one big reason--Vick has some excellent receivers. Favre has a tight end and maybe Harvin if Harvin doesn't have a headache.

I believe that TJ would be the better quarterback for the Vikings because of his mobility. TJ can improve his throwing, Favre can't improve his running.
    The only way TJ could be an improvement over Favre would be if we could transplant Favre's experience into TJ's brain.

TJ may improve his throwing.....it's a big maybe.

So, you have some good ideas, but the Devil is in the details.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Brick wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Ya it's impossible to prove, but I don't think you'll find many people that think Vick is capable of making that play. But as long as we're playing that game, would we have even been in that position with Vick at QB? Too many variables to consider. On a side note, are you allowed to make new accounts if you get banned? I don't really care either way, but it would seem that because you got banned you wouldn't want to tell people that it's you.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

This move to start comparing Favre with Vick is silly.

Favre is one of the least mobile QBs in the league (not necessarily a fatal flaw) and Vick is maybe the most mobile in the history of the game.

Plus, Vick has some excellent receivers and Favre has a tight end and Harvin......if Harvin doesn't have a headache.

LOL!

Talk about stacking the deck.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:
    This move to start comparing Favre with Vick is silly.

Favre is one of the least mobile QBs in the league (not necessarily a fatal flaw) and Vick is maybe the most mobile in the history of the game.

Plus, Vick has some excellent receivers and Favre has a tight end and Harvin......if Harvin doesn't have a headache.

LOL!

Talk about stacking the deck.

I think Camarillo is on the roster... not sure. Don't think the staff has figured out how to use him yet.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:

Ya it's impossible to prove, but I don't think you'll find many people that think Vick is capable of making that play. But as long as we're playing that game, would we have even been in that position with Vick at QB? Too many variables to consider. On a side note, are you allowed to make new accounts if you get banned? I don't really care either way, but it would seem that because you got banned you wouldn't want to tell people that it's you.
    No you are not.

But who did Brick used to be?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NDVikingFan66 wrote:

No you are not.

But who did Brick used to be?
    C Brick D or VikingsTW...nobody knows for sure.

God. I used to be God.
    None

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast