Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A Temporary Sigh of Relief

Ah yes, the passing game. The bright spot was the lone touchdown toss to the wide open and leaping wide receiver, Percy Harvin. However, quarterback, Brett Favre, was picked off twice more. Favre's three game total of six interceptions, is just one shy of last year's total of seven. Actually, were it not for penalties negating what would have been another interception, and another fumble on a sack, Sunday's game would have matched Favre's three interception, one fumble total from a week earlier against the Dolphins. The outcome against the Lions, also might not have been so rosy.
    A Temporary Sigh of Relief
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: A Temporary Sigh of Relief

Yeah, we're in trouble... and honestly think we'll win 5-8 games this year.

Jackson should probably be starting... not like he could do much worse, at least he can evade the rush.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brick wrote:

Jackson should probably be starting... not like he could do much worse, at least he can evade the rush.
    The "The Noodle Gives us the Best Chance to Win" crowd has been strangely quiet this year.

In the end, Hank will give him a big target that will help out until El Syd gets back in time to make him look good allowing us to sneak into the playoffs.

TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I predicted we'd win seven games.....maybe I was too optimistic.

The guy said something about Peterson's greatness.....he might not be quite as great against a good defense, either.

I'd say they better be working hard on getting that offensive line in shape rather than wasting any breath sighing.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

The "The Noodle Gives us the Best Chance to Win" crowd has been strangely quiet this year.

In the end, Hank will give him a big target that will help out until El Syd gets back in time to make him look good allowing us to sneak into the playoffs.

TJ's time will come next year. When that happens, Caine and EJmat are gonna owe me a few beers.
    Favre has the third worst passer rating in the league... only in front of Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen.

Oh, and he's tied with Eli Manning for most INTs in the league... and should really have 7 INTs, as the "Illegal Contact" penalty last weekend was non-existent.

This is how I expected Favre to play last season, which is why I was against him in the first place. Jackson can perfom at... or above this level. I'm 100% sure of that.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brick wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

Favre has the third worst passer rating in the league... only in front of Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen.

Oh, and he's tied with Eli Manning for most INTs in the league... and should really have 7 INTs, as the "Illegal Contact" penalty last weekend was non-existent.

This is how I expected Favre to play last season, which is why I was against him in the first place. Jackson can perfom at... or above this level. I'm 100% sure of that.
    You must be referring to the illegal contact penalty, where the defender held Lewis in place so he couldn't cut in and get to the ball? Yeah, that was non-existant for sure.... :blink:

Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

No, I still believe quite firmly that if Tarvaris comes in, our season is lost. This season will live (or die) by Favre. If he doesn't shape up, T-Joke sure as shit won't.

And furthermore, you're making a big assumption saying that Jackson is even going to be on the team next year, seeing as how we've had three other quarterbacks on the roster this year, all of whom outplayed him, and with Childress (his biggest champion) probably on his way out if things don't turn around this year.

If Sage were our backup, I would think differently, but we kept the wrong quarterback and will now pay the price.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

You must be referring to the illegal contact penalty, where the defender held Lewis in place so he couldn't cut in and get to the ball? Yeah, that was non-existant for sure.... :blink:
    If you go back and watch the footage, you'll see Lewis was actually the one forcing the contact, the CB is trying to break away to make the INT.
    None

bbqplatypus318 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Brick wrote:

No, I still believe quite firmly that if Tarvaris comes in, our season is lost. This season will live (or die) by Favre. If he doesn't shape up, T-Joke sure as shit won't.

And furthermore, you're assuming that Jackson is even going to be on the team next year, seeing as how we've had three other quarterbacks on the roster this year, all of whom outplayed him.
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.

I firmly believe if Favre stays in, our season is lost.

But, regardless of what you think, Jackson could definitely play better than Favre is now and would give us a better chance to win. That is fact. He actually WANTS to play (not just saying it's a "favor" that he's playing) and he actually practices.
    None

Brick wrote:
    Where did I say Jackson would start next year? Or even be on the roster? Weird how I assumed that without saying it.
    You didn't. Marrdro did.

"I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast