Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tell me about Tomlin

Well screw off, because you can't have him!
    ;D

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Its funny that Tomlin is being surrounded by teams that want him as a head coach hmmm I'd give him more time lol...geesh one year really doesnt build a resume for a first year d coordinator

FinNasty23 is offline Rookie

"cogitans" wrote:
    Keep your 'Nasty' claws off of our D-coordinator

He is a very energetic coach. That runs a Tempa-2 type Defense.

He is not affraid to mix things up if it is needed, but the base of his formations has been the Tempa-2.

It's a 1-gap defense, where various defenders from the front 7 hits a hole in the line hard at the snap.

It has worked as you know well against the run. The reason our pass-D has been less than stellar - aside from the fact that we fased 40-50 passattempts a week - were the lack of passrush that were produced by our front four.

Hope that gives you some of the info you wanted.
    Thanks for the info.
    Now I have a question... many of you have said that you didnt have a passrush.
    What did Tomlin do to counter this?
    Did he blitz alot?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

He is not affraid to mix things up if it is needed, but the base of his formations has been the Tempa-2.

It's a 1-gap defense, where various defenders from the front 7 hits a hole in the line hard at the snap.

It has worked as you know well against the run. The reason our pass-D has been less than stellar - aside from the fact that we fased 40-50 passattempts a week - were the lack of passrush that were produced by our front four.

Thanks for the info.
    Did he blitz alot?
    IMO, not as much as he should have.

There were a lot of times where he'd rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 back in coverage. 7 or 8 in coverage was nice, but the fact that we'd only rush 3 or 4 meant that the opposing quarterback could stand there for like 5 seconds before throwing the ball. We stuck with that plan for way too long and didn't blitz nearly enough. That's my opinion.

FinNasty23 is offline Rookie

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Thanks for the info.
    Did he blitz alot?
    IMO, not as much as he should have.

There were a lot of times where he'd rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 back in coverage. 7 or 8 in coverage was nice, but the fact that we'd only rush 3 or 4 meant that the opposing quarterback could stand there for like 5 seconds before throwing the ball. We stuck with that plan for way too long and didn't blitz nearly enough. That's my opinion.
    Interesting...

When you did blitz, were your blitzes effective?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

He's not ready YET to be a HC in the NFL....go for either Pete Carroll or Jim Mora Jr.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

In all honesty, I felt that he didn't do enough to compensate for the lack of pass rushers on our line. It never really seemed like there were any adjustments made after the shalacking the patriots gave us.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"PhatmanPat94" wrote:
    In all honesty, I felt that he didn't do enough to compensate for the lack of pass rushers on our line. It never really seemed like there were any adjustments made after the shalacking the patriots gave us.
    Agreed.
    Even during the Patriots game there could have been adjustments made, but there were none.
    After the first series it seemed obvious that Brady would stand back in the shotgun, stomp his foot once to see who on the defense moves, then pick his primary receiver based on that.
    It seemed obvious that Tomlin did not address this with the defense because they continued to flinch all game.

I like Tomlin, but the fact is, it took him several games to make that adjustment.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

keep ur fins of our d-cordinator......well give him to you if you give us jason taylor+crhis chambers

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    keep ur fins of our d-cordinator......well give him to you if you give us jason taylor+crhis chambers
    Yup! thats the only way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast