cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Ted needs to get a grip!!!

A quote from the following article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4809386

When I saw Ted Cottrell, Minnesota's defensive coordinator earlier this month, we talked about pressure in the NFL. "There's no pressure when you have a lot of good players like I do now," Cottrell said, smiling. "Pressure was last year when we didn't have enough talent in order to compete." And the Vikings won a playoff game.

He had better be thinking Top 10 defense and Super Bowl win, or else he needs to be fired next season!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Ted needs to get a grip!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    A quote from the following article

http//msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4809386

When I saw Ted Cottrell, Minnesota's defensive coordinator earlier this month, we talked about pressure in the NFL. "There's no pressure when you have a lot of good players like I do now," Cottrell said, smiling. "Pressure was last year when we didn't have enough talent in order to compete." And the Vikings won a playoff game.

He had better be thinking Top 10 defense and Super Bowl win, or else he needs to be fired next season!!!
    I have to completely disagree with Ted on this point. I think there is WAY more pressure on a D-coordinator when you have good players. Just look at last year. How much pressure was there on Cottrell last year? Hardly any, because we didn't expect anything from our D. If we made one or two stops in a game, we were proud.

It's with good players that puts pressure on the coordinator to make sure all the pieces fit together nicely.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

He better be feelin some pressure! He's got the horses to do what he should now, so if he doesn't come through, then he's going to be looking in the classifieds.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    A quote from the following article

http//msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4809386

I have to completely disagree with Ted on this point. I think there is WAY more pressure on a D-coordinator when you have good players. Just look at last year. How much pressure was there on Cottrell last year? Hardly any, because we didn't expect anything from our D. If we made one or two stops in a game, we were proud.

It's with good players that puts pressure on the coordinator to make sure all the pieces fit together nicely.
    I'm with you canadian. There is more pressure now. His job may be easier with the better players, but the pressure is on!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Ted needs to forget about the pressure on himself, and start concentrating on ways to put pressure on the opposing QB's. He had better not fall into the same defensive setup he had with the Jets, otherwise we are in for a long unproductive year.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i just hope were top 10 in D, hopefully teddy understands what we want and gets it done.

Del Rio Guest

Ted doesn't want to coach he just hopes that he can load his team with enough talent that they squeek by. He screwed the Jets over, and I am trying to stay optimistic but so far this pre-season D is horrible.