hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Ted Cottrell signing bigger then we think!

Besides signing a defensive coordinatoor who has been in the league for about 20 plus years, there is more then that to why we might have picked him up. First off look at the teams his d played against last year with the jets and this year with the vikes.
    The teams he played against and will play again this year are titans, colts, giants, eagles, cowgurls, redskins, jaguars and texans. Thats a lot of teams he has info on if he did his homework and kept info about each opponent listed above.
    Its alredy and advantage to our d since he knows what will be coming from there offense. Granted it was last year but thats what coaches do, look and evaluate what worked and what didnt.
    Dont be suprised to see our d vastly improved since he has a feeling on whats coming our way.
    I expect to see a better d, at least in the top 15 this year with a lot of knowledge on teams we play this year.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yeah he is a very well prepared coach he is probably the best defensive cordinator we have had in quite some time, and it shows because of all the players that have came to minnesota want to play for him again, when ken irvin found out they hired him he was very exited and told everybody the defense was in good hands, i believe this guy will make a huge difference in our defensive game this year

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

We will be much improved but we do still need to stay healthy and get quality players. i.e DE....but we'll be the team to beat in the North this year..

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Well the Vikings "D" could not get much worse in the ratings so there is no place to go but up. I will admit Cottrell looks to be the best defensive co-ordinator the Vikings have had in several years so I am looking forward to this season.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

I agree, I am really excited about what Cotrell can do for this defense and our Vikings team. I definitely think we will be much improved next season defensively. Hopefully we can pick up Will Smith in the draft to help us with the DE position. Also think we need an OLB and another decent CB. Vikes 2005!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Ya but besides being the best on the market i bet cottrell has a bunch of our opponents figured out already. I know he has notes, film,etc on the bunch of teams he played last year that we play this year.
    Can you say the vikings defense WILL BE PREPARED TO PLAY DEFENSE!!
    I never heard that in awhile. I believe our d will be more focused, hungry and prepared with all that knowledge cottrell brings to our d.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I hope this team will be prepared this year as last season's coaching sucked.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

That's because we have the one of the best but youngest staff's in the league. Hopefully we'll be better off this year. B/c playcalling last year offensively sucked!!! at times we needed it most

I feel our coaching staff is vastly improved. The playcalling will only improve as we gained some much needed expeirince. Im glad we didnt fire our OC he well be much better next season. Iam also a big Tice fan I feel he is going to be a top coach in this leauge.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Lets just hope that we can keep Cotrell for a couple of years. I know that C. Claiborn has expressed how much he would like to work with one guy instead of switching to a new D coordinator every year. I think that Cotrell will be a great fit hear, with our vets on D-fense and the new rookies that we pick up this year. I think that we have a good bunch of guys and I would like to see them after a couple years under the same system.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!