Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WW84D is offline Training Camp

Ted Cottrell- Punt Pass or kick?

After having christmas destoyed last Friday Watching The Green Bay Packers, public enemy #1 celebrate there 3rd straight NFC North title on our field in front of the nation. I blew a gasket when Fox, Espn, and other networks praised Brett Favre for pulling off a legendary comeback. The fact is our defense has glorified many lame duck offenses and players this year. Chad Hutchinson? 3 TD passes to the 2nd worst scoring offense in the NFL. This weekend we play the #1 worst scoring offense with the Washington Redskins who will be minus Clinton Portis. If we blow this game and our saftey net NY Jets lays an egg, we will all be doing the college scouting report in January for the 4th straight year. Someone will have to take the blame for it an it must be Ted Cotrell (looks like Cedric the Entertainer) We have talent on defense. I know hear me out. Corey Chavous was in Hawii last year and Brian Russell led the the league in INT's. All this year the only thing I see is Corey's stupid look on his face when he blows an assignment. If you notice when teams get plays of 10 yards or more, the receivers are WIDE open. That is a blown assignment mostly from linebackers. I like Brian Williams but he needs to stay at a number 3 corner. Would Ken Irvin have made any difference? To summarize, the Defense has blown the same assignments week after week. Maybe Ted Cottrell's system does not work here.
    Sky rockets in flight....AFTERNOON DELIGHT!!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Maybe, just maybe no ones system works here. :lol:

Yes our d can be very frusturating and it can be hard at times to imagine that we have eight wins this season. We finally bring in a proven veteran coordinator and look what he does. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

we will never get a really good defensive coordinator as long as red mccombs is the owner! because he won't pay any money!simple as that... ukeright:
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"zzbudzz" wrote:
    we will never get a really good defensive coordinator as long as red mccombs is the owner! because he won't pay any money!simple as that... ukeright:
    Or, conversely, if Cottrell isn't a waste, Red will never put the talent on the field to make it work.

Caine

Our defense is going to continue to suck if we switch coordinators every season. We need some continuity on defense. Another season with Cottrell at the helm will only improve our defense. I personally would have liked O'Leary back for another season but what can you do? If we do get new ownership next year none of this will probably matter. I'm sure the new guy will clear house.
    Even babies know the difference.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Before us, Cottrell had never had a D below rank 3

IT'S NOT COTTRELL, KIDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think we need to let Cotrell do his job. Our D will improve. Its just sad that it may tkae awhile.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

IT'S NOT COTTRELL, KIDS
    Except last year when the Jets were horrible on defense, yet are much better this year?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

IT'S NOT COTTRELL, KIDS
    Maybe you're right, but it is hard to imagine that our players are that retarded by CONSTANTLY blowing assignments. They don't know what to do because they haven't been told what to do.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Ted Cotrell sucks period he came from a 5-11 or 6-10 team last year and hasn't really done anything for us this year except give us a bad D. Sure we have improved. But we bring in Winfield and draft players Thomas and Udeze that are suppose to help and EJ was suppose to improve but Cotrell hasnt done anything with the supposed talent that we have. By the way the Jets have a top three D in the league
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast