Thread: Ted Cottrell

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Ted Cottrell

Mark Craig, Star Tribune
    September 5, 2004

Although he doesn't like to talk about it anymore, those close to him say he feels he was made a scapegoat. Despite losing four starters because of injuries, the suspension of tackle Josh Evans, an underachieving front line and lack of overall team speed, the Jets' defense was eighth in the NFL in points allowed (18.6 per game).

This in unbalievable the guy is the ultimate defensive coach if he can do this with the jets last year defense just imagine what he can do with us i think we are in for a big surprise defensivly. I mean carter was the starting safety, I think we will have a top 10 defense this year, IF WE KEEP HEALTHY.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ted Cottrell

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Mark Craig, Star Tribune
    September 5, 2004

Although he doesn't like to talk about it anymore, those close to him say he feels he was made a scapegoat. Despite losing four starters because of injuries, the suspension of tackle Josh Evans, an underachieving front line and lack of overall team speed, the Jets' defense was eighth in the NFL in points allowed (18.6 per game).

This in unbalievable the guy is the ultimate defensive coach if he can do this with the jets last year defense just imagine what he can do with us i think we are in for a big surprise defensivly. I mean carter was the starting safety, I think we will have a top 10 defense this year, IF WE KEEP HEALTHY.

Top 10 scoring or top 10 in yards? I don't see us as a top 10 D in terms of yards, but as the jets showed last year, that doesn't mean they can't be top 10 in points. If we are top 10 in points, we should have a very very good record and be very dangerous.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Ted Cottrell

i cant wait to start seeing his defensive schemes, not just the vanilla schemes and simple blitze packages we saw in preseason, i watched a few jets games last year, not sure why but i love football, and the guy has some very nice schemes.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Ted Cottrell

If our defense can hold the opposing teams offense to under 20 points a game, there is no reason for us to lose, we're too good.

We can we ranked 33rd in the league out of 32 teams in yards, and I wouldn't care as long as w were 8th in points.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Ted Cottrell

Cottrell will be our best DC since Tony Dungy. He has already brought some great talent to the team. If it weren't for him we may not have gotten Winfield to sign with us and we damn sure wouldn't have had Bruce Smith teaching our defensive linemen.

Now I can't wait to see what kinds of schemes and other tricks he has in store for the season.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Ted Cottrell

Cottrell the creator of the Purple People Eaters II coming to a gridiron near you....give you goose bumps just thinking about it MAN what a year ahead
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"