Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    Here you can see footballoutsiders ranking, based on single play performance:

    ...
    17 MIN
    18 CLE
    19 MIA
    20 BAL
    21 ATL
    22 NO
    23 NYJ
    24 SD
    25 SF
    26 KC
    27 BUF
    28 DEN
    29 CHI
    30 WAS
    31 OAK
    32 PHI

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    Truth be told, in most cases, at this time of year, the defenses are ahead of the offenses.


    Throw in the fact that we have a bunch of young players at key positions and you will quickly figure out why we are at the lower end of the scale.

    Some people can't seem to figure that out though unless you draw them a damn picture and keep repeating it to them.

    Long story short, we are gonna have some rough times this year, however, it will come around.
    Even the passing game.........

    Have faith my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Truth be told, in most cases, at this time of year, the defenses are ahead of the offenses.


    Throw in the fact that we have a bunch of young players at key positions and you will quickly figure out why we are at the lower end of the scale.

    Some people can't seem to figure that out though unless you draw them a gol 'darnit picture and keep repeating it to them.

    Long story short, we are gonna have some rough times this year, however, it will come around.
    Even the passing game.........

    Have faith my friends.
    ;D
    Preach on Brother Marrdro! ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    minnesota's Avatar
    minnesota is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    113

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Truth be told, in most cases, at this time of year, the defenses are ahead of the offenses.


    Throw in the fact that we have a bunch of young players at key positions and you will quickly figure out why we are at the lower end of the scale.

    Some people can't seem to figure that out though unless you draw them a gol 'darnit picture and keep repeating it to them.

    Long story short, we are gonna have some rough times this year, however, it will come around.
    Even the passing game.........

    Have faith my friends.
    ;D
    I agree, I seriously don't think our offense should be rated so low right now. They will def turn it around IMO, if the play calling gets better.

  5. #15
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    "minnesota" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Truth be told, in most cases, at this time of year, the defenses are ahead of the offenses.


    Throw in the fact that we have a bunch of young players at key positions and you will quickly figure out why we are at the lower end of the scale.

    Some people can't seem to figure that out though unless you draw them a gol 'darnit picture and keep repeating it to them.

    Long story short, we are gonna have some rough times this year, however, it will come around.
    Even the passing game.........

    Have faith my friends.
    ;D
    I agree, I seriously don't think our offense should be rated so low right now. They will def turn it around IMO, if the play calling gets better.
    Are you saying it the play-calling that is at the heart of the Vikes offensive woes?
    Personally I think a lot of it is the line blocking just as it was last year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #16
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "minnesota" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Truth be told, in most cases, at this time of year, the defenses are ahead of the offenses.


    Throw in the fact that we have a bunch of young players at key positions and you will quickly figure out why we are at the lower end of the scale.

    Some people can't seem to figure that out though unless you draw them a gol 'darnit picture and keep repeating it to them.

    Long story short, we are gonna have some rough times this year, however, it will come around.
    Even the passing game.........

    Have faith my friends.
    ;D
    I agree, I seriously don't think our offense should be rated so low right now. They will def turn it around IMO, if the play calling gets better.
    Are you saying it the play-calling that is at the heart of the Vikes offensive woes?
    Personally I think a lot of it is the line blocking just as it was last year.
    but when blocking isnt doing what it should because of the blitz you need to run the right plays... shotgun 2 rb 3 wr sets running flats with the rbs, and
    curls, slants, outs wiht the wr's
    quick strike offense!

    Thanks josdin00

  7. #17
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "minnesota" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Truth be told, in most cases, at this time of year, the defenses are ahead of the offenses.


    Throw in the fact that we have a bunch of young players at key positions and you will quickly figure out why we are at the lower end of the scale.

    Some people can't seem to figure that out though unless you draw them a gol 'darnit picture and keep repeating it to them.

    Long story short, we are gonna have some rough times this year, however, it will come around.
    Even the passing game.........

    Have faith my friends.
    ;D
    I agree, I seriously don't think our offense should be rated so low right now. They will def turn it around IMO, if the play calling gets better.
    Are you saying it the play-calling that is at the heart of the Vikes offensive woes?
    Personally I think a lot of it is the line blocking just as it was last year.
    I agree with minnesota, just for the record. Playcalling has to get better. I blame 75% of that loss on the coaches.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #18
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    405

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    play calling is god awful right now, the offensive line hasn't looked horrible, i'd blaim it on the recievers not getting open on the 3 and 5 step drops

  9. #19
    LongTimer is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    That chart is a laugher.... They have the Vikes Offense averaging 20.5 points per game!!! Take away the touchdowns the Defense gave and the average is way lower.

  10. #20
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Teams with an offense worse than the Vikings

    this is laughable why do this kinda stat searching week 8 seems a bit better half way mark of the season. do try and do that type of number crunching its like alot like trying to get a dead president elected. Just Madness
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings also give special teams a lift - Competent Special Teams?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
  3. (Merged) Vikings Offense is WORSE than it looks
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
  4. 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM
  5. Who was the worse Vikings coach in franchise history?
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 01:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •