Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Team wants Favre back

Marrdro wrote:
    Childress in touch with Favre again

I can hear the convo now.......

Barney Noodle: Hello

Chiller: Hey BM, how ya doing?

Barney Noodle: Fine, just made another one of those dumb blue jean commericals.....

Chiller: Did you get it to the guy this time or was it high and behind him again?

Barney Noodle: No, it was on target coach.

Chiller: Great, don't want that Marrdro beeeyatchign about stuff like that anymore........Anyway, what I'm touching base with you about is your feelings about Dnabb. I asked him to call you.

By the way, mums the word on the call. Just like when we were calling you in 2008, we don't want anyone to know about that.

Barney Noodle: Yea, he called. I'm good with him being my backup this year. No worries if you go after him. He can warm the team up for me and get them ready when I show up week one.

Chiller: Great news. I will tell the staff. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

.................................................. .

Fade to a picture of the Chiller and the rest of the staff in a board room just after the call.

Chiller: OK, sounds like he's onboard. Let that dumb shit start running plays that Bev isn't calling again and I will sit his ass and run Dnabb out there.

Spielman: What about Sage. Do we shitcan him now or keep him.

Chiller: No sense in getting rid of him right now. Lets get Dnabb in first, then shitcan him.
    Just fix this one part:

Marrdro wrote:
    .Chiller: Did you get it to the guy this time or was it high and behind him again?

Barney Noodle: [strike]No, it was on target coach.[/strike] It was intercepted.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Thank god we had Favre to fire the troops up for those games.
    Yea right.

I keep waiting for one of those cats to turn around and deck his ass when he hits them on the ass.

Sure they eventually laugh (a bit) but the intial look on most of thier face is WTF.....then they see it is the Noodle himself and they back down.

As CmacD said, we were 10-6 with the likes of TJ and Gus and that was without a functioning C, RT and no WR's.

I for one thank the good lord that the whole team got better last year and that not all of our hopes are hung on a cat who has shown the perpensity to choke in the playoffs, again.
    Just a few points to chew on:

1st: It's incredibly obvious that you write while still wrapped in a blanket of hate for Favre. No one else would even remotely interpret the players reactions as "backing down". No one else would conjure up the notion thaqt the othe players had any sort of resentment or malcontent towards Favre...except Jackson maybe.

2nd: We had no receivers last season? Who did we have THIS season? HOLY CRAPOLA...it was the SAME bunch!!!! And to say we didn't have a functioing center lat season is an incredible stretch. But hey, I get that you somehow have to paint the picture that Favre was given every possible advantage whereas Jackson was saddled with ne'er-do-wells and hand-me-down players...

3rd: The whole team got better last season? Really? I think the Defense slid a bit personally. We still struggle versus the pass when the rush doesn't develop, and we weren't as dominant versus the run as we have been. That's not improvement.

And I happen to be a big believer in the notion that Favre was the reason the Offense steppd up. Remove that key ingredient, and we're moving backwards on all fronts...

...but at least Chiller got his extention.

4th: We went 10-6 last season with Frerotte and Jackson. True. Sadly for those few remaining Favre haters and th Jackson Apologists, Frerotte did most of the heavy lifting last year. Jackson had ONE good game (Arizona)andended the seaso 2-3 as a starter.

The downside to that story is...we got rid of Frerotte. Think Jackson can do what Favre did last season?

Not in THIS lifetime.

Caine
    Nice post Caine.

I still cant believe that some folks on here think Jackson can do as good of a job as Favre. I almost wish we wouldnt of had Gus to come in and take over two years ago, then the Jackson lovers would of finally realized how worthless he is as a quarterback in the NFL.

Caine wrote:
    The downside to that story is...we got rid of Frerotte. Think Jackson can do what Favre did last season?

Not in THIS lifetime.
    You mean lose in the playoffs? I think he can do that.

C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Not in THIS lifetime.
    Actually looking at it that way then jackson is far superior then Favre at it, hell Jackson throws picks that are returned for touchdowns.

PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Not in THIS lifetime.
    Actually looking at it that way then jackson is far superior then Favre at it, hell Jackson throws picks that are returned for touchdowns.
    lol... you act like throwing one with 0:10 left in the NFC championship game is better.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Not in THIS lifetime.
    Yes we know Favre and the Vikings lost in the NFC Championship game. But how in the hell do you think that Jackson can put up the numbers favre did last year, or even win ONE game in the playoffs. I would love it to happen, but it just won't. And its not like Favre was the primary reason we lost, he had two turnovers in that game. The rest of the teams blunders brought us down even more, and yes, even the refs didn't help (had to say it, i AM a vikings fan ). That fumble on the 5 or w/e was completely petersons fault, he botched the handoff so bad.

Jackson couldn't get us to that game, we go 10-6 or 9-7 with him at best last year.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Not in THIS lifetime.
    Yes we know Favre and the Vikings lost in the NFC Championship game. But how in the hell do you think that Jackson can put up the numbers favre did last year, or even win ONE game in the playoffs. I would love it to happen, but it just won't. And its not like Favre was the primary reason we lost, he had two turnovers in that game. The rest of the teams blunders brought us down even more, and yes, even the refs didn't help (had to say it, i AM a vikings fan ). That fumble on the 5 or w/e was completely petersons fault, he botched the handoff so bad.

Jackson couldn't get us to that game, we go 10-6 or 9-7 with him at best last year.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

dammit the computers in the dorm are terrible. sorry bout the triple post :blush:

C Mac D wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Not in THIS lifetime.
    lol... you act like throwing one with 0:10 left in the NFC championship game is better.
    And throwing one that leads to a touchdown that seals your fate is better? Both were in the playoffs, Favre had already brought us farther in the playoffs then Jackson did. Favre's hurt yes but Jackson's was worse in my opinion, at least we still had a chance in overtime last year.

I would like to see Favre come back and the Vikings to draft a young quarterback(Colt McCoy) to eventually become the franchise quarterback us Vikings fans desearve.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Not in THIS lifetime.
    And throwing one that leads to a touchdown that seals your fate is better? Both were in the playoffs, Favre had already brought us farther in the playoffs then Jackson did. Favre's hurt yes but Jackson's was worse in my opinion, at least we still had a chance in overtime last year.

I would like to see Favre come back and the Vikings to draft a young quarterback(Colt McCoy) to eventually become the franchise quarterback us Vikings fans desearve.
    That would be nice. I have a hard time believing it could happen though.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122