Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Team wants Favre back

LaBonBon wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    I dont want him back. Im happy he was here this year, he had a great year. How he kept getting up was beyond me. He gave us alot of excitment. But he (and others) choked. Big time. I dont know what his QB rating was but i bet it was fairly low.

This year was his chance to get to the SB. I dont think next year will. Lick our wounds and start over.
    What a disgrace! How can you, and others, blame Favre and say he choked. He was doing just fine until the Saints started to pound the living daylights out of him. I swear to God almighty, I am an old woman but I will FIGHT anybody who ever bad-mouths Brett Favre to my face.
    Umm he did choke? Not sure what else you would call a chance to win the game in the final seconds and then throw an INT. Doesnt matter we wouldnt have made it that far without him. Thats why he got 12 millions dollars. He just couldnt deliever one last comeback.

I loved Favre throughout the season, but I'm pissed at him for now.

It's like your best friend crashing your car. You'll still be friends, but you'll be pissed for a bit.

KevinK is offline Starter

Iam unsure of what our future holds. If Favre wants back... than grant it. If he wants to move on. Than so will we. I believe we have peaked and its a rebuilding time for our team.

But Id like the Vikings to understand that we had a great year because of Favre. His inspiration had me believing we were going all of the way. I know his players felt confidence in the QB position. And our WR's were licking their chops.

My prediction is his wife will ask him to leave. Did you all see her face when he took his beatings? Wouldnt it be great to see ANYONE throw those bullets with such accuracy? My thought is knowone available can. Even if we make a Sanchez/Ryan deal its all luck. Hense the Jemarcus Russell BS!

Anyway this loss does hurt. And if only we were home none of this would have happened. I feel good for the Saints, and their aggressive attitude was rewarded.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

CCthebest wrote:
    I dont want him back. Im happy he was here this year, he had a great year. How he kept getting up was beyond me. He gave us alot of excitment. But he (and others) choked. Big time. I dont know what his QB rating was but i bet it was fairly low.

This year was his chance to get to the SB. I dont think next year will. Lick our wounds and start over.
    With respect, you have got to be kidding me. This Team has 10 Pro-Bowlers, and 4 NFL All-Pros. Absolutely no fucking way do I want to lick wounds and start over. If there is one place where we fans should show some deference...it's right here. The players know what he meant to the Team this year and that he is our best option for next year. Good enough for me.

This Team is built to last with one exception (QB), and they know it. Starting over is not an option IMO. Besides, what does that mean anyway? Fire Chilly, start trading your great players for draft picks going into a no-salary cap year, with significant restrictions on Free Agents? NFW.

I hope Favre listens to his teammates that want him back...so do I.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

LaBonBon wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:

What a disgrace! How can you, and others, blame Favre and say he choked. He was doing just fine until the Saints started to pound the living daylights out of him. I swear to God almighty, I am an old woman but I will FIGHT anybody who ever bad-mouths Brett Favre to my face.
    Dont worry about CC. He's just that way. Rather than adjust an opinion, he is like the coach he hates. Unflexible, autocratic, and in the end vanilla in opinion.

I mean that in a non-attacking way. It's just an observation.

MaxVike wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:

With respect, you have got to be kidding me. This Team has 10 Pro-Bowlers, and 4 NFL All-Pros. Absolutely no fucking way do I want to lick wounds and start over. If there is one place where we fans should show some deference...it's right here. The players know what he meant to the Team this year and that he is our best option for next year. Good enough for me.

This Team is built to last with one exception (QB), and they know it. Starting over is not an option IMO. Besides, what does that mean anyway? Fire Chilly, start trading your great players for draft picks going into a no-salary cap year, with significant restrictions on Free Agents? NFW.

I hope Favre listens to his teammates that want him back...so do I.
    I meant start over from the QB position.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

CCthebest wrote:

Yeah. Let's dump him, AD, Berrian, Harvin, Reynaud, Asher Allen (he missed a tackle or two) and anyone else who made a mistake this game. That's brilliance!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:

Yeah. Let's dump him, AD, Berrian, Harvin, Reynaud, Asher Allen (he missed a tackle or two) and anyone else who made a mistake this game. That's brilliance!

=Z=
    Anyone else thats going to be 41 and chokes in big games, yeah. I love what Farve did here but it was a 1 year thing.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I hope Favre comes back, and if you look at Chilly's progression from year to year:

2006: 6-10, miss playoffs
    2007: 8-8, barely miss playoffs
    2008: 10-6, 0-1 playoffs
    2009: 12-4, 1-1 within 1 play of the superbowl

2010 should be: 14-2, 2-1, Superbowl loss
    2011 should be: 16-0, 3-0, Superbowl win

Trust me, I work with #'s, statistics, and trends at work, this is my 2 year Vikings forecast!

I think having Favre next year makes it a lot more possible.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

CCthebest wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:

Anyone else thats going to be 41 and chokes in big games, yeah. I love what Farve did here but it was a 1 year thing.
    Wasn't the Dallas game a "big game"? Did he choke there?

Fact is he made a horrible decision/throw at a bad time. Yup. He also made play after play after play leading up to that point. That's not "choking".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast