Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Team wants Favre back

from the locker room today...apparently "to the man" the team all wants Favre back next year, and they all think he can skip training camp and show up Game 1.

Team has lots of hope for next year.

Hopefully intangibles make an appearance again.

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Team wants Favre back

I agree with the team, but wish he wouldnt wait till summer to let us know.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I dont want him back. Im happy he was here this year, he had a great year. How he kept getting up was beyond me. He gave us alot of excitment. But he (and others) choked. Big time. I dont know what his QB rating was but i bet it was fairly low.

This year was his chance to get to the SB. I dont think next year will. Lick our wounds and start over.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If he can play as well as he did this year I am all for having him back. We will have to tweak the O line a bit in order to give him better protection.

WWBGD

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

:woohoo: Either he has infected the whole team or they are all out to poke the Favre haters in the eye

With a possible lockout in 2011, 2010 would be Favre's final chance but I don't know if he should. A Tarvaris/Sage year with the Bevell/Childress offense doesn't exactly have me excited for next season.

Or Webby is giving the Favre haters a wedgie

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Favre will be better than anybody we will possibly have next season. I'd like to keep Favre, resign TJ as a backup, then draft someone to push TJ for a starting spot in a couple years. There are no good FA qb's available that I'd want being the starter here.

nailhead77 is offline Starter

I am one of thoes idiots who didnt want favre and then watched him make me eat my words. He gave us a great year and even real hopes of a SB win. He played great last night even after the abuse, and if not for bad coaching at the end...had us in the big one. That said i dont want him back.....here's why.

No way he can take many more games like that, and teams will all be trying to do what the saints did.

Most important at least to me, I wanna know what we really have. What if Tjack can be better. The confidence that all the receivers now have should make tjack better. If we get Favre back and lose again in the playoffs what then?? But if a young guy can take us into the playoffs and we lose in the nfcc again......at least we know we have youth and can try again. Many thanks to favre but he did all he can do.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Favre will be better than anybody we will possibly have next season. I'd like to keep Favre, resign TJ as a backup, then draft someone to push TJ for a starting spot in a couple years. There are no good FA qb's available that I'd want being the starter here.
    This is a good plan I think. We could definitely get something like a 4th or 5th rounder for Sage I would think ... and we could use the pick to get some depth at some positions.

I would love Favre back. A season under his belt. A healthy Berrian, Rice and Harvin ... and hopefully a very focused AD ... I like our chances.
    None

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

CCthebest wrote:
    I dont want him back. Im happy he was here this year, he had a great year. How he kept getting up was beyond me. He gave us alot of excitment. But he (and others) choked. Big time. I dont know what his QB rating was but i bet it was fairly low.

This year was his chance to get to the SB. I dont think next year will. Lick our wounds and start over.
    What a disgrace! How can you, and others, blame Favre and say he choked. He was doing just fine until the Saints started to pound the living daylights out of him. I swear to God almighty, I am an old woman but I will FIGHT anybody who ever bad-mouths Brett Favre to my face.

I really want Favre to come back too. Not sure if he will though. I think if he had to make a decision now he would retire. But give him a few months to recoop and he may get the urge to give it one last shot. Remember he does have 1 year left on his contract so it is all set up for him to return.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast