Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

the TEAM TICE built

I think the main offensive cogs are Denny's

I think Tice should get credit for developing the O line that protects Culpepper.

Tice will get the credit for the D whether that is good or bad, has not yet been determined.

Denny's problem was he was taking Offensive players all the way into the late rounds. We could have used a few more D-draft picks while Denny was here.

I am sure glad he didn't pass on Moss and Culpepper though. They will be the cornerstone of this team for a long time. It is hard to find two people with that much talent.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

the TEAM TICE built

Just a curious question...

Were Tice and Green both GM/Head Coaches?

To me, you can give the two coaches some credit for developing talent, but I would think the GM, if you have one, is the one who should be getting the credit for "building" the team and selecting the talent.

I know that the coach gets a lot of input, so you can make a case that this is "Tice's Team".

I guess just compared to the furor in Green Bay over Sherman's combined role, and his taking ALL the blame/credit for both bringing in talent and developing it, I'm just interested in what your front office situation is, as I honestly don't know.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

stockerman is offline Waterboy

the TEAM TICE built

sports fans are soooooooooo lame

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

the TEAM TICE built

L.A., that is a good question. If I heard correctly ( don't pay to much attention to front office stuff) we don't have a GM. Brezenski? is that his name? It could be all his fault we have gotten these awesome players. Studwell, also. But I would bet Tice had his say, even way back when. He did, to say the least build the o-line....which is what makes, Moore's, Smiths (both of them) , and Bennetts excel. Green has one hecka eye for offensive players, probably the others have learned from him. With Tice in the organization earlier, and all, I think you would have to ask all of them who did what. I bet it would be impossible to unravel, but, Denny was, and is a good coach. I would take Tice over him, though, myself.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

the TEAM TICE built

"stockerman" wrote:
    This a sports fan message board...what the F*CK are you doing here...either you are a LAME sports fan or you are just a LAME f*cking idiot who doesn't know what the F*CK he is doing here. :scratch: :clown:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

the TEAM TICE built

"stockerman" wrote:
    Yeah, exactl....um....what???
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

the TEAM TICE built

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "stockerman" wrote:
    This a sports fan message board...what the F*CK are you doing here...either you are a LAME sports fan or you are just a LAME f*cking idiot who doesn't know what the F*CK he is doing here. :scratch: :clown:
    Please, cajun...quit holding back and let him know how you really feel. Try and communicate your emotions a little more clearly.

Oh, and thanks for doing it better than me....

the TEAM TICE built

By the way, according to your really-easy-to-navigate Minnesota Vikings Official Website and Narrowband Killer, I didn't see a job or position that seemed to directly correlate with a GM. Here are the two guys who would seem to have some influence.

Scott Studwell is Director of College Scouting

After establishing himself as one of the top players in team history during his 14 seasons (1977-90) at linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings, Scott Studwell enters his 12th year in the team's Player Personnel department. He retired from his playing career after the 1991 season and spent a year as the Vikings Assistant to the President/Player Relations before being named the Player Personnel Coordinator from 1992-2001. Studwell was named to his current post as Director of College Scouting in April 2002. His new responsibilities include overseeing all college scouting efforts and preparation for the annual NFL Draft.

And that Brzinski guy is a VP of Operations.

Rob Brzezinski enters his sixth season with the Vikings in 2004. He was promoted to his current position as Vice President of Football Operations in April 2002 after spending his first three seasons with the Vikings serving the team as the Director (1999-2000) and Vice President (2001) of Football Administration. In his current role, Brzezinski is primarily responsible for overseeing the player personnel department, including pro and college scouting, management and strategic planning of the salary cap, negotiation of player contracts and general football administration.

Under Brzezinski's leadership the Vikings have eliminated their salary cap deficit and have transformed their salary cap position into a long-term competitive advantage, signed superstars Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper to long-term contract extensions and constructed a plan in 2002, along with then newly named Head Coach Mike Tice, to return the Vikings to long-term on-field competitive excellence.

From a technological and process standpoint, the Vikings have revolutionized their pro scouting, college scouting and football administration departments. The benefits of the newly revamped college scouting and draft process in 2003 paid off quickly as the Vikings were the only NFL team to have each of its 2003 Draft choices make the team and be active on opening day.

Brzezinski spent the previous six seasons (1993-98) with the Miami Dolphins where he most recently held the position of Staff Counsel/Salary Cap. He has been involved with teams that have finished .500 or better in 9 of his 11 seasons in the NFL and have made the playoffs six times. During the salary cap era of the NFL (1994-present), both the Dolphins and Vikings are among the NFL elite in winning percentage and playoff appearances.

Brzezinski is a member of the NFL Management Council's Club Services Committee, which has developed new technology and systems for player contract reporting, salary cap management and information management.

In Miami, Brzezinski assisted in managing business affairs, which included salary cap administration, player contract negotiations, operations and legal affairs. In his tenure, the Dolphins compiled a 55-41 (.573) regular-season record and made the playoffs four times.

Brzezinski earned degrees from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, a J.D. in 1995 and a B.S. in education in 1992. In addition, Brzezinski is a member of the Florida Bar. Brzezinski and his wife, Leah, who has earned a doctoral degree in education, have a son, Ki (4/15/03), and reside in Edina.

vikesfan is offline Starter

the TEAM TICE built

One thing that I really give Tice credit for his the way he got this team to play together. We still had a lot of talent when Green left, but we finished that season 5-11. Our defense wasn't good, and we had some injuries, but we were a better team than that. I think Tice took a talented group of individual players and really taught them to gel together and play as a team.

I really hope Red resigns him, and for a lot more money. For a coach who had zero experience and has been learning on the job, he has done great. We have improved each year since he's been here. Also, and maybe more importantly, the players love him. They want to win for him and they look like they're having fun every Sunday. You don't always see that in the NFL.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

the TEAM TICE built

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "stockerman" wrote:
    Please, cajun...quit holding back and let him know how you really feel. Try and communicate your emotions a little more clearly.

Oh, and thanks for doing it better than me....
    You are very welcome... :salute:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast