Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Team Is Most Important," says Childress

Childress was involved in the decision to suspend Eagles receiver Terrell Owens because he broke a number of team rules.

Childress said team will be important with his Vikings.

"The only thing I'm going to say is that the team has got to take a greater place than the individual," Childress said. "We're in the ultimate team game, and I think you have to treat it as such. So if it's between an individual and the team, it's got to be the team that takes the greater part."

I'm wondering if Coach Lewis from the Begals will learn that?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

Re: "Team Is Most Important," says Childress

That seems blatantly obvious, but not alway practiced like you think it would be.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Amen to that.

Is there any news on the new OC??

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

THE BEVELL FILE

Born: Yuma, Ariz.

High school: Chaparral (Scottsdale, Ariz.)

College: Northern Arizona, 1989; Wisconsin, 1992-95

Playing highlights: Set 19 school records as Badgers quarterback, including two Big Ten Conference marks. Led Wisconsin to the 1994 Rose Bowl and 21-16 upset victory over UCLA.

Coaching experience: Westmar University (Iowa), passing game coordinator, 1996; Iowa State, graduate assistant, 1997; Connecticut, wide receivers, 1998-99; Green Bay Packers, offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach, 2000-05; Vikings, offensive coordinator, 2006.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:

you know what really pisses me off? that the media isn't even running this story hardly at all. if moss would have thrown a punch at norv turner it would be on every headline on every sports section and woul be the cover story on every website. Chad JOhnson is the medias pet and they don't want him to go down, it's bullshit. thats what it is, bullshit. even if he did it for sure, nothing is going to happen... no jokes about him beating people up, but we hear about love boats and run over cops still to this day. it just really makes me mad.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

You can say all you want about bad press in the NFL, but no press is even worse. For example, Randy Moss. Virtually unheard of this season. Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson, on every website and newscast. What does that tell you? Cleaning up killed Randy. His bad boy image is gone and so are his big numbers.
    Retired 12/21/08

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

you know what really pisses me off? that the media isn't even running this story hardly at all. if moss would have thrown a punch at norv turner it would be on every headline on every sports section and woul be the cover story on every website. Chad JOhnson is the medias pet and they don't want him to go down, it's kaka del toro. thats what it is, kaka del toro. even if he did it for sure, nothing is going to happen... no jokes about him beating people up, but we hear about love boats and run over cops still to this day. it just really makes me mad.

Do not worry the media will turn on him sooner than later, it is all a part of how the media reports stories and tries to peak ratings and their bottom line.

Here are the three parts as I see them.

1. The media builds people up
    2. They have their 15 minutes of fame
    3. The media tears them down

That way the media make news and money through the whole process!

Look at the guy who found the bomb at the Olympic games in Atlanta.

1st he was a hero for stopping the bombing
    2nd he was on all the talk shows and in all the newspapers
    3rd the media made him look like the bomber, even tho he was innocent.(he won a few of his law suites against the media)

Sooner or later the media will turn on Chad Johnson the same as it did with Moss and T-ho. And later they will make him a hero again, and then rip him down again.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    You can say all you want about bad press in the NFL, but no press is even worse. For example, Randy Moss. Virtually unheard of this season. Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson, on every website and newscast. What does that tell you? Cleaning up killed Randy. His bad boy image is gone and so are his big numbers.
    Yeah, Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt and a few other guys put up MONSTER numbers and get very little press for it. It's very unfair.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Good shit
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Yeah, Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt and a few other guys put up MONSTER numbers and get very little press for it. It's very unfair.
    COMPLETELY agreed!

If only Marvin Harrison was an a-hole...

He would be one of the most well known and worshiped players in the NFL.
    Retired 12/21/08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast