Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Team Chemistry: Does it really exist?

A link to an article from the Flem File...starring the Minnesota Vikings!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/051012
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Re: Team Chemistry: Does it really exist?

Funny article.

Yeah it exsists.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

In my chemistry class in high school we had chemistry "teams." So I would have to say yeah it exists! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am not sure it does unless the chemistry is this:

Common goal to win.

I think that flemming was trying to say that TC is guys bonding. Guys don't have to bond off the field, bowling, to understand each other. The only thing that they need to understand is that they can trust the guy on the field and that they along with their team are going to give 100% all the time.

Just cause I went out to drink with the people at work doesn't mean I like them anymore tomorrow that I did in the morning before coming to work, it just gives them an extra few hours to annoy me and wish they weren't here. That didn't happen, I am just saying.

I remember some article saying the guys were FREAKquently bowling together and that was building TC, that was this summer. Well now, they got sick of bowling and got rid of the quently.

No, they just did a different type of "bowling."

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    No, they just did a different type of "bowling."
    Oh BOWLing!!! My mistake, I read that article wrong.

Yeah, I guess you did!! lol

Hey SIA you wanna update my sig sometime. I was thinkin' of getting rid of the team pot head and having someone else in his place instead. You don't have to, but if you have time sometime and would like to that would be great.

Del Rio Guest

I think team chemistry starts with the coaching staff.

I'm not talking about pizza parties and bowling. The best team chemistry is built on the field. When you strap on the pads you are putting your health and your future on the line. You have to believe in the plan, you have to have confidence in your team.

What happens off the field is garbage, no one cares. You probably end up doing more damage then good. Watching a film of old time purple people eaters doing their thing together after practice WITH the coach would build team chemistry.

Having Page talk on knocking a guys eyeballs out of his skull to your team would build chemistry. People are just too different to bond as a whole. You take a couple rednecks, a couple men from hard times, some pretty rich boys, throw them together and hope they bond over pizza......not going to happen.

You have to erase the stereotypes, erase the issues and give them something to bond over. Something that they can agree on. Most athletes don't want to lose. You give them a common enemy. That's why you always hear about newspaper clippings in lockerrooms to pump a team up.

It works for that one week there is a common enemy. Something that together as a team you can hate and strive to defeat. That's easy to do it for one game, to get so pumped up you take one team out. The hard part is maintaining that some coaches can do it, some can't. But it definately needs to be nurtured and fed because it dissapears. I think a captain or vocal team player tries to build team chemistry but again I think that hurts more then it does good. It forms cliques. It rests on the coaching staff.

It exsists if you have been competitive in team sports and been successful at all you have felt it. You have felt the comradery on the court/field/whatever even if it has only been for a few hours or even minutes.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

From Super Bowl to laughing stock.

We have gone from Super Bowl contender to laughing stock of the league in 6 short weeks. Our team is in complete disarray. I haven't felt this bad about the vikings in a long time. :sad: I was hoping for the team to pull it together during the bye week but with all the media frenzy around the Love Boat I don't think that is possible now.

Once again the lack of discipline and focus on what is important from the Coaching staff has wiped out another season I fear. I think that the boat incident is just a by product of what is happening on the field. Its like what does it matter what we do the team isn't going anywhere anyway. No one has stepped up to lead this team. I think we miss Birk more than anyone knows. I think he was the most effective leader on this team.

I don't think Tice can pull it together. He wants to be one of the guys too much IMO. What he needs to do is kick some ass and stop being a buddy to the players. I doubt he can do that. If the players had thought that Tice would kick their asses for doing what they did on the boat maybe it wouldn't have happened. I don't think what Tice would think ever entered their minds. Thats the problem. :cry: It will be interesting to see how Tice handles this. I think he will just try to move on and hope it all goes away. Thats what he has done in the past. I think we can all see how that way of dealing with things has worked. :roll:

WWBGD

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: From Super Bowl to laughing stock.

its hard man...real hard. Lotta exspectations coming into this season...but sometimes i say well maybe I hyped myself to much. This team might take a year to come together and gel. Kinda like the bengals, or the bucs. THrough all this BS off the field and all this BS on the field we gotta have hope and hope that we can turn some negative into some positives....just gotta have faith in the team.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast