Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Taylor wants Vikings

From an artice on Startribune.com:

On a recent trip to New York for a NBA meeting, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor spent some time with NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and two of his assistants, letting them know that he is interested in buying the Vikings once current owner Red McCombs comes up with a reasonable asking price, not the $600 million he is asking for.

"We were out in New York with the basketball owners, and I had two days of meetings. When I finished that, I called over there and asked if they were going to be around," Taylor said. "It took part of a morning, and I went over there and visited with the commissioner and his staff. I just brought them an update as to where we are.

"He asked questions about Minnesota, the stadium and how things are going. I wasn't in a position to be really positive about that. I told him that we still had an interest and if things would work out. He kind of told us the process. He said he was pleased that we took the time, and he could meet me."

Taylor said he believes McCombs now is interested in selling the club.

"I think that has varied from time to time," Taylor said. "I think when the season has gotten closer he has changed his mind. I'm of the opinion right now that he is more interested in pursuing the sale of it. We still have the problem of a price."

There is no doubt that if Taylor were the Vikings owner, there would be a much better chance of getting a stadium bill passed in the State Legislature than McCombs will have.

[size=9px]source:http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4761316.html[/size]

Do you think Taylor did this to see if Tagliabue would put any pressure on Red to bring the price down?

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Taylor wants Vikings

It could be. There had to have some meaning behind it, so, more then likely it was to give Red a kick in the butt

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Taylor wants Vikings

The McCombs -Taylor talks and rumors have been ongoing for some time now. I think Red will only sell if he can make a profit and this team is not quite up to that price tag yet. Perhaps with a great season this year he might get what he wants. I also agree that having Tayler as an owner would help the stadium issue.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Taylor wants Vikings

Taylor can own all of the Minnesota franchises for all I'm concerned!! He has done a great job with the T-wolves and I think he could only help the Vikings. He is an owner that is involved with his team and actually stays in the state (as opposed to McCombs flying back to Texas all the time). Wasn't there talk a couple years back about him buying the Twins from Pohlad? Taylor may be what the Vikings need to get over the hump and win the big bowl!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Taylor wants Vikings

I hope Legisulator hurrys up and says no to the new stadium because then hopefully red will sell the team to Taylor and then we can get a new stadium!!

Vikings 2004 :king:

ukeright: Packers
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Taylor wants Vikings

I'm glad to hear Taylor still wants to buy the VIKINGS. I think he would be a great owner of the VIKINGS. :thumbright:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Taylor wants Vikings

I like the fact that a Minnesota guy could buy them, but these rumors have been around for a long time. Not sure what to make of this.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Jarhead is offline Rookie

Taylor wants Vikings

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The McCombs -Taylor talks and rumors have been ongoing for some time now. I think Red will only sell if he can make a profit and this team is not quite up to that price tag yet. Perhaps with a great season this year he might get what he wants. I also agree that having Tayler as an owner would help the stadium issue.
    How much do you think he needs to make? He could sell for $400 million and still make $200 million profit. He's just being greedy trying to get $600 mil.

Careful saying that you hope they hurry up and vote down a stadium so Red will sell. If they vote down a stadium he might just move to LA then sell.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

Taylor wants Vikings

taylor is the man. if anyone could get us a new, kick-@ss stadium it would be him.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Taylor wants Vikings

Looking at where we are now, Red just could be the man, after this season. Guess the other guy whoever he is could do like Gruden and take the work Red put in to the bank, but hey, least we would get there. Would one,...hmmm, I am sure it will be MANY of you insders in MN let me know what this hatefest is with Red, Try something concrete though not "He is from Texas" , or "He goes back home to Texas to visit"...I visit Las Vegas or other Nevada towns a few times a year. Not sure, maybe I should get lynched for that, or loose my job, friends, livelyhood etc. but maybe I am confused.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast