Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Taylor In The Spotlight..

i predict 1337 yards and 10 td's. memo will get 400 yards and fason 250 for a grand total of 1987 yards (plus the odd reverse/end around/qb scramble)

i'm really excited about this guy. with the line we've got now, there's no way he won't rush 1000 yards unless he goes down in the beginning of the season. and in which case Memo could even get over 1000 yards.

with the offense we've got now, there should be no reason that we can't convert on 3rd and short. just power left and its an automatic 5 yards.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I still think Mewelde Moore is a better all around back. Many do not realize his receiving skills are outstanding. It will be a good battle between MM and Taylor, but plenty of room for both players. Between the two - we good two very good backs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I can't honestly say right now which back will be more productive, Memo or
    C-Tay.

I will reserve my judgement until I can see what they'll do on the field with our revamped line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I hate saying this, because someone is liable to mark them but here goes: Mark my words, if Chester stays healthy, he is going to be well over 1,000 yards this year.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I think its possible we have two backs go over a 1,000. Memo & taylor are pretty close in ability. So even if one becomes the starter, the other is likly to get carries. Our line looks very good. I also like the fact Kleinsasser & Richardson are great blockers. The wildcard is the right guard & tackle positions.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I hate saying this, because someone is liable to mark them but here goes: Mark my words, if Chester stays healthy, he is going to be well over 1,000 yards this year.
    I have to say, I would be very excited! When was the last time we had a 1,000 yard back?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

last time we had a 1000 yard back, minus the one season bennet had over 1000 yards (much thanks to 3 consecutive games w/ 60 yard runs), would be robert smith. lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I still think Mewelde Moore is a better all around back. Many do not realize his receiving skills are outstanding. It will be a good battle between MM and Taylor, but plenty of room for both players. Between the two - we good two very good backs.
    MeMo has to prove he can stay healthy. When he is on the field he can get the job done, but it has been 3 or 4 games and then he is hurt for 3 or 4 weeks.

It would have been tough to go into this year with MeMo as the number 1 back and hope that he stays healthy after all the injuries in his first 2 seasons. If he can stay healthy I think he can push Taylor for the top back but he has to be able to stay on the field to be the top guy!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I'm going to enjoy watching what Taylor brings to the table this year.....I have a good feeling about this guy...
    I do, too. 100%. I love hearing about guys like this who have that itching desire inside to prove themselves. And in this case, he wants to prove to people that he is more than a 2nd string, 3rd down kind of 'back.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Slade" wrote:
    When Taylor signed with us, why do you think the Ravens brought in Mike Anderson & kept Jamal Lewis? If Chester stayed in Baltimore, Jamal would have been released/cut/traded. The Ravens knew how valuable CTaylor is. They were hoping he would be their starting back.
    Never really thought about that. Very good point. :thumbleft:
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast