Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Taylor In The Spotlight..

Oh yeah Chestor is gonna be awesome! I have full confidence in him :grin:

PrImEtImESmooT21 is offline Training Camp

C.Taylor is a good backup and 3rd down guy we already have that in M.Moore and C.Fason we needed a starter but i think we made a wrong move by not drafting one or signing a big time RB.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"PrImEtImESmooT21" wrote:
    C.Taylor is a good backup and 3rd down guy we already have that in M.Moore and C.Fason we needed a starter but i think we made a wrong move by not drafting one or signing a big time RB.
    :shock: a good back-up ? just wait to you see the numbers this guys is gonna put up.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i can see us going after a big time running back in next years offseason, this year they're confident in taylor as starter and moore as a backup, we'll need to get someone next year, although i would have loved to see moroney in purple =)

other than that.. i cant wait until summer when these guys come down to mankato, every year i go out on the field with oscar reed and earsal mackbee

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

PrImEtImESmooT21 is offline Training Camp

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    :shock: a good back-up ? just wait to you see the numbers this guys is gonna put up.
    I definetly hope so but i still think we should of taken Maroney

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know how you can say that? He has never been given the chance to start because of where he was playing. When he has played when Jamal Lewis was injured he did real well..

Now I remember when people said the same thing about another backup behind Jamal Lewis.. He went on to be a great RB in the NFL. He was labeled as a career backup, and when given the chance to start, he excelled.. That guy is Priest Holmes.. Now if Chester Taylor can duplicate that success, I will be a happy camper..

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I don't know how you can say that? He has never been given the chance to start because of where he was playing. When he has played when Jamal Lewis was injured he did real well..

Now I remember when people said the same thing about another backup behind Jamal Lewis.. He went on to be a great RB in the NFL. He was labeled as a career backup, and when given the chance to start, he excelled.. That guy is Priest Holmes.. Now if Chester Taylor can duplicate that success, I will be a happy camper..
    I have been saying that ever since we brought Taylor in. Holmes, Marcus Allen, LaMont Jordan, Larry Johnson have all made the best of their situations when they had to play behind a premier back for a couple of years. Gaining knowlegde of the game and the position without enduring a lot of mileage on the legs seems to have work out well for some RBs. I think Taylor can be one of these types of backs for us.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

When Taylor signed with us, why do you think the Ravens brought in Mike Anderson & kept Jamal Lewis? If Chester stayed in Baltimore, Jamal would have been released/cut/traded. The Ravens knew how valuable CTaylor is. They were hoping he would be their starting back.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I am predicting 1,327 yards and 12 TD's fro Chester this year... I hope anyway!

Thanks Lotza!

fabybaby32 is offline Rookie

I think he is gonna be a stud and im not just saying that because hes a viking. He is a back who can beat you running the ball or catching it out of the backfield. Im excited

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast