Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Taylor pushing for Robinsons job

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-_WWW_SPRT_12343874&prov=knight&type=lgns

Hidden in this article (a good one about Travis Taylor), was this little nugget:

Taylor was expected to spend this season operating out of the slot as the No. 3 wide receiver, but after watching him catch a team-high seven passes for 93 yards and two touchdowns in Friday night's intrasquad scrimmage, coach Mike Tice said the new guy is pushing Robinson for the starting outside job.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Taylor pushing for Robinsons job

I hope and think he will get it. What a steal in the offseason. When I saw we signed him I was like "ho hum" but now I see what the staff saw in him. He is getting a second chance.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"josdin00" wrote:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-_WWW_SPRT_12343874&prov=knight&type=lgns

Hidden in this article (a good one about Travis Taylor), was this little nugget:

Taylor was expected to spend this season operating out of the slot as the No. 3 wide receiver, but after watching him catch a team-high seven passes for 93 yards and two touchdowns in Friday night's intrasquad scrimmage, coach Mike Tice said the new guy is pushing Robinson for the starting outside job.

I think pretty much everyone expected this to happen sooner or later. Taylor is a good slot receiver, so when robinson or williamson comes in, he would probably be moved inside. I think Robinson is better as a #3 WR anyways. It seems like the more he played last year, the less he did. We was better, when he came in off the bench fresh and did his thing.

Now(or when Taylor officially becomes the #2) the question will be, how long before williamson passes Robinson for the #3 spot?

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

it doesnt matter what spot robinson ends up as, as long as he is in there for the fade routes in the red zone or one third down is what matters

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"thepacksux" wrote:
    it doesnt matter what spot robinson ends up as, as long as he is in there for the fade routes in the red zone or one third down is what matters
    Yes, the red zone will be when we see Robinson for the most part after Taylor takes the #2 spot. I really like our recieving core this year and I'm dying to see Taylor in the regular season. It kind of feels like he's a rookie this year lol.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I always thought that he was infront of Robinson on the depth chart. In the developmental camps didn't they say that they would put Taylor at a slot receiver but after seeing how good he was they decided to make him a regular wideout.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

don't sleep on taylor, I've been saying that all along....
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Taylor seems poised to be big this year. Him and burleson should really break out this year.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"magicci" wrote:
    Taylor seems poised to be big this year. Him and burleson should really break out this year.
    All this talk is making me SO impatient for the season to start!!! I wanna see my boys play!

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

What a steal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast