Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    He has to know that if he was trying to go somewhere else and it didn't work out, he could be selling insurance by the following week. They might as well keep him, he knows the system and the timing is there.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    He has to know that if he was trying to go somewhere else and it didn't work out, he could be selling insurance by the following week. They might as well keep him, he knows the system and the timing is there.
    I really doubt all 32 teams would pass Tjack. He will be in the NFL somewhere next year. I could see him fitting in with the Packers if he hits free agency.

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    Good..

    I think he could be a good starter.. But with the lack of running game lately he would be just another NFL QB thrown to the wolves

    Luckily we had a HOF legand come in and save us.. Not so sure how Jackson would have done with AP pumping out 30-60 yards a game

  4. #14
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    V4L wrote:
    Good..

    I think he could be a good starter.. But with the lack of running game lately he would be just another NFL QB thrown to the wolves

    Luckily we had a HOF legand come in and save us.. Not so sure how Jackson would have done with AP pumping out 30-60 yards a game
    My guess is we'd be getting a lot more of our yardage on the ground if he was throwing.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    ThorSPL wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Good..

    I think he could be a good starter.. But with the lack of running game lately he would be just another NFL QB thrown to the wolves

    Luckily we had a HOF legand come in and save us.. Not so sure how Jackson would have done with AP pumping out 30-60 yards a game
    My guess is we'd be getting a lot more of our yardage on the ground if he was throwing.
    Agreed. Considering that AD's total yardage is pretty close to what it was last year, I think we can safely say that a lot of the reason that AD hasn't been getting as many yards on the ground is because we have become a pass first team - and that has a lot to do with our current QB. If you look, his attempts per game are down. So is his yards per attempt, but a lot of that is contingent on him breaking a long run - something that is far more likely to happen of you keep wearing down a defense by running at them. If TJack was starting, I think we would still be a run first offense.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    Idk

    I personally don't think running him 5 more times a game or so would open up more holes

    But hey atleast we didn't have to know this year

  7. #17
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,735

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    NodakPaul wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Good..

    I think he could be a good starter.. But with the lack of running game lately he would be just another NFL QB thrown to the wolves

    Luckily we had a HOF legand come in and save us.. Not so sure how Jackson would have done with AP pumping out 30-60 yards a game
    My guess is we'd be getting a lot more of our yardage on the ground if he was throwing.
    Agreed. Considering that AD's total yardage is pretty close to what it was last year, I think we can safely say that a lot of the reason that AD hasn't been getting as many yards on the ground is because we have become a pass first team - and that has a lot to do with our current QB. If you look, his attempts per game are down. So is his yards per attempt, but a lot of that is contingent on him breaking a long run - something that is far more likely to happen of you keep wearing down a defense by running at them. If TJack was starting, I think we would still be a run first offense.
    AD's overall yards per touch are actually up this year, with his combined rushes and catches he's getting 5.1 yards this year compared to his 4.9 last year, that and his 18 TDs to 10 of last that production has improved as well. Things are just a little more dynamic than the hammer, hammer, setup the punt and punt of last year

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    V4L wrote:
    Idk

    I personally don't think running him 5 more times a game or so would open up more holes

    But hey atleast we didn't have to know this year
    Not just AD, but Chester as well. 10 more runs per game and 15-20 fewer passes - that definately makes a difference. The OL loves to run block - they are pushing rather than dropping back and being pushed. It tires a DL quickly to always be working backwards and running sidelines to make tackles. Watch the DL sometime after 3 or 4 straight run plays. You will see a LOT of substitution. If you can get into a hurry up where you are effectively running the ball and not letting the dfense huddle up... they will almost always call a time out.

    Go back and look at AD's big runs throughout his career. I would be willign to bet that most of them came in the second half, or even in the fourth quarter.

    Either way I'm not concerned. We are pass first with an amazing running compliment. And that is winning us games.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    But with the receiving weapons we have now Syd, P-Harv, V-Shank, and B.B do we hope that T-Jack can get the ball to them or do the Vikes look for somebody in free-agency?

    Or do we draft a QB high and hope that they take over quickly.

    And with the ever changing mind of Favre can you bring in another QB? If Favre decides to comeback he has earned the right to play another year if he wants to.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Tarvaris wants to stay in Minnesota

    Texas Viking wrote:
    I don’t see him as a quarterback that can lead a team to the super bowl, but he does make an excellent backup.
    You don't get many young QB's leading thier team to SB's.

    Sure you can point to Big Ben and some of the success that Ryan, Flacco and this years boy wonder but if you look at them a bit closer you will see that:

    a. Big Ben played like crap his first outing.
    b. Once teams get tape on them they are kindof negated a bit (ala Ryan)
    c. You have to have good teams around them. The Jets are carrying thier youngster. This team could/can carry a QB just as easily.

    As to TJ, most of our opinions are based on his prowess early in his career with a team that was being completely rebuilt.

    I for one think he is much more than a capable backup and could lead this team, at least deep into the playoffs.

    My first guess is that he will test the market, see whats available and go were the money is the best. My second guess is that he will get the best offer from the Vikes, who still seem to see him in a better light than most Vikings fans.

    The Noodle will come back, TJ will continue to watch from the bench, awaiting his chance, and the staff will draft another "Project QB", probably in the first 3 rounds of this years draft.

    That my friends is how you ensure you have depth at this position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stay Tice Stay
    By vikings_fan66 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 08:31 PM
  5. Where to stay in minnesota
    By realmeandogg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 08:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •