Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Tarvaris' two starts

"AngloVike" wrote:
    This was one of the issues that was raised in these forums towards the end of last season when it was clear that Johnson was being a liability.
    Some people were all in favour of throwing T-Jack in at the deep end of things and seeing if he would sink or swim, and there were others who preferred to let Bollinger play the season out.
    In a way it was taken out of our hands when Bollinger was injured and so T-Jack was put in as starter. Unfortunately for him, due to poor play-calling, preparation and support from the team he ended up being labelled as sucking but certain elements within the media and even the fanbase.

Like it or not you have to forget his two starts last year and take on the fact that, at present, he has been named as the starter. If he shows in TC and preseason games that he's not up to the job then fine, people can start to call for Bollinger or any other FA QB who is out there.
    I hope that BC gets it together and doesn't go all frantic cutting & signing people just before the season starts again.
    He had to destroy the "team" he spent months building by adding marginal talent that didn't partake in his off-season / pre-season team building.
    I would have rathered he kept the team together.

It's an important intangible that can get easily overlooked.
    If the talent isn't that much better than the one you're cutting . . . don't destroy the mojo by bringing all these new faces.
    Look how things turned out for the 1980 Olympic Hockey team.
    On paper we didn't stand a chance, but they came together as a team!!!!

Maybe this could be our gold medal year!!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Ah, those were the best days of my life.
    Wait, no they werent, but it was fun to watch T-Jack command and the STL game showed a glimpse of his potential.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:

Wait, no they werent, but it was fun to watch T-Jack command and the STL game showed a glimpse of his potential.
    A glimpse?
    Was that when he tossed his first pass of the game right into the waiting arms of a Rams CB?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

A glimpse?
    Was that when he tossed his first pass of the game right into the waiting arms of a Rams CB?

=Z=
    I think he was referring to his first NFL TD.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

A glimpse?

=Z=
    He wanted to throw to someone who wouldn't drop it for a change!

Those starts last year are meaningless. They were good as they give him some idea of what he will face in the NFL.
    Other than that they are meaningless.

It's a new season for all.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

A glimpse?

=Z=

Those starts last year are meaningless. They were good as they give him some idea of what he will face in the NFL.

People here regard those starts as meaningless only because TJ sucked in them. If he was at least average people would state those meaningful starts give reason to believe TJ is the real deal.

In the end those starts definetly mean something. They mean he was not ready. So, the question is, is TJ ready now?

If I hear any more quotes from Chili about how he is getting used to the literature, I will puke. I want to hear that he is getting used to throwing some fucking touchdowns.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"V" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

A glimpse?

=Z=

People here regard those starts as meaningless only because TJ sucked in them. If he was at least average people would state those meaningful starts give reason to believe TJ is the real deal.

In the end those starts definetly mean something. They mean he was not ready. So, the question is, is TJ ready now?

If I hear any more quotes from Chili about how he is getting used to the literature, I will puke. I want to hear that he is getting used to throwing some fucking touchdowns.
    Good post. Of course those games weren't meaning less, the preseason games are meaning less but regular season counts, I think we even still had an outside chance at playoffs.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"V" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:

A glimpse?

=Z=

If I hear any more quotes from Chili about how he is getting used to the literature, I will puke. I want to hear that he is getting used to throwing some fricken touchdowns.
    You are right. I should have said simply: last season is over. The slate is clean.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

does anyone remember cutlers first couple games? or leinarts? youngs (and please dont say young is amazing because he is not a good qb)
    all did bad passing in there first few games trying to get used to the feel for the game... yes he needs to work on his fumbles and i think this year he will do a lot better, he is one dedicated sob and i dont know about you but im impressed with his work and dedication to the team, thats the type of guy i want running the show

Thanks josdin00

"tb04512" wrote:
    does anyone remember cutlers first couple games? or leinarts? youngs (and please dont say young is amazing because he is not a good qb)
    all did bad passing in there first few games trying to get used to the feel for the game... yes he needs to work on his fumbles and i think this year he will do a lot better, he is one dedicated sob and i dont know about you but im impressed with his work and dedication to the team, thats the type of guy i want running the show
    Apparentley they give the ROY to bad players.... Vince Young may not be a great PASSING QB, but what he does on a football field is amazing. He wins games you cant argue with that. He makes plays when he needs to and although hes not the most accurate quarterback he will be great.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast