Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IndoViking is offline Training Camp

Re: Tarvaris starter next season or not??

Yeah, he'll be the starter for 07 season, but like others have said, lets bring a veteran backup like damon huard or (i know you guys'll hate this)AJ Feeley. He looks good in philly's system and childress's playbook aren't that different from it.
    ~Watching AD and The Vikes from Down South~

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not so sure he will. Brooks, if he is healthy is a better passer with more moxie I believe. TJ has a lot of growing to do -- more than what can be done in the offseason in my opinion.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Twolves214 is offline Waterboy

Yeah I think the kid will be starting next season, hes only started two games, made a few rookie mistakes and the stats don't say it all for him because hes a rookie and still learning, but he will learn from his mistakes and its just the matter of experience.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

He'll be the starter next year. in the PC Childress said he won't be bringing in a new QB and that he felt confident in what we have now to get the job done. Interesting..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It won't matter who the starter is if we don't stop getting flagged for false starts and letting the QB be pressured all day.

I hope he starts.
    More reps, the better he will get faster.

darkflood is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    He will most likely be the started next year at this point in time.

The 2 picks worry me a little because they were really bad choices.
    But he is a rookie I guess and he will not really have that luxury next year to fall back on.
    Every rookie QB this and every year has looked bad the first couple of games. He made rookie mistakes, but so did Brad Johnson. At least Tarvaris has escapability. If he (Tarvaris) doesn't earn the spot in the off-season, so be it. but to throw him under the bus with two whole games under his belt is ludicrous. I would think that with receivers that can catch the ball with throws that hit them in the numbers, Tarvris will do just fine. ( Yes, I'm talking to you Williamson)
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

he made some mistakes..hes shown he can make all the throws, and would obviously benefit from a better group of receivers, and better protection (like anybody else in the league would)..i think hes got a great set of talents, and can succeed..now its all about designing a playbook that utilizes his strengths, and put more talent around him..a full offseason working with the 1st team offense, and getting a better grasp on the game should put him at the right level
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"darkflood" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

But he is a rookie I guess and he will not really have that luxury next year to fall back on.
    Every rookie QB this and every year has looked bad the first couple of games. He made rookie mistakes, but so did Brad Johnson. At least Tarvaris has escapability. If he (Tarvaris) doesn't earn the spot in the off-season, so be it. but to throw him under the bus with two whole games under his belt is ludicrous. I would think that with receivers that can catch the ball with throws that hit them in the numbers, Tarvris will do just fine. ( Yes, I'm talking to you Williamson)
    just last season we saw daunte make mistakes beyond belief, so i wouldnt worry too much about that..the kid is young, give him a full offseason of work with the coaching staff to improve field vision, and develop plays that suit his abilities
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

vikesD is offline Rookie

I think Jackson looked better than I expected. A rookie in the NFL from a Div. II school. Let`s see what diference a year will make.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"olson_10" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

just last season we saw daunte make mistakes beyond belief, so i wouldnt worry too much about that..the kid is young, give him a full offseason of work with the coaching staff to improve field vision, and develop plays that suit his abilities
    Oh I know, they were just disturbing images that reminded my of Daunte.

He will be ok.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast