Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Tarvaris Jackson speaks....

Probabaly deserves its own thread, but since we were talking about this already anyway...

Webb, not Rosenfels, takes 2nd-team snaps

Rosenfels spectates on final day of minicamp

So with Sage only getting a couple of snaps on Saturday, and sitting out completely on Sunday, I think it is safe to say that he is going to be cut.

I am looking forward to Favre-Tjack-Webb as our QB corps in 2010. The HOF Veteran, the solid back up, and the raw rookie with potential. I like it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Sage may get cut....but it seemed the staff was high on him last year. Not sure why we traded for him, and than things fell apart.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    Sage may get cut....but it seemed the staff was high on him last year. Not sure why we traded for him, and than things fell apart.
    We traded for him pre-favre to compete with TJ to start.

When Favre came, they went with TJ as a backup to help his development, and Sage rode the pine.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

yeah.. this gives me a warm fuzzy feeling

On Sunday, he completed three of six passes during red-zone drills in 11-on-11. This included a nice throw to Bernard Berrian for a touchdown on a play in which the wide receiver beat cornerback Lito Sheppard. Jackson also completed a touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, but at one point had a ball nearly picked by defensive end Brian Robison.

Blog Entries

hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Childress
    really the proof is what you put on the field.
    Hmm...

i_bleed_purple wrote:

On Sunday, he completed three of six passes during red-zone drills in 11-on-11. This included a nice throw to Bernard Berrian for a touchdown on a play in which the wide receiver beat cornerback Lito Sheppard. Jackson also completed a touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, but at one point had a ball nearly picked by defensive end Brian Robison.
    Depends on how you read it......

a. Pass to BB for TD. Almost everyone wants to see him improve on deep ball accuracy. Although it was in the redzone, it appears he is getting better in that area.
    b. Nearly picked off by BR. Could be read that he is getting a bit more comfortable throwing the ball into tight spots.
    c. 50% on Redzone throws. Not bad all things considered.
    d. B-rob dropping into coverage from LDE spot. Hope this is an indicator that the extra weight hasn't slowed him down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

a. Pass to BB for TD. Almost everyone wants to see him improve on deep ball accuracy. Although it was in the redzone, it appears he is getting better in that area.
    b. Nearly picked off by BR. Could be read that he is getting a bit more comfortable throwing the ball into tight spots.
    d. B-rob dropping into coverage from LDE spot. Hope this is an indicator that the extra weight hasn't slowed him down.
    a. not a deep ball

b. yeah, but in practice, with no pressure you shouldn't be getting picked off by linemen

c. not great though

d. I'm gonna say he's not slower, but keep in mind they had Pat dropping into coverage at times

Considering how this article was about how 'great' TJ was supposedly doing, the choice of plays they showed are ok at best.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

a. not a deep ball

b. yeah, but in practice, with no pressure you shouldn't be getting picked off by linemen

c. not great though

d. I'm gonna say he's not slower, but keep in mind they had Pat dropping into coverage at times

Considering how this article was about how 'great' TJ was supposedly doing, the choice of plays they showed are ok at best.
    a. Didn't say it was.

b. So the defense wasn't trying? Sounds to me like B-rob was trying.

c. Agree.

d. I remember, and I also remember how many thought it was dumb.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

a. not a deep ball

c. not great though

a. Didn't say it was.

b. So the defense wasn't trying? Sounds to me like B-rob was trying.

c. Agree.

d. I remember, and I also remember how many thought it was dumb.
    b. not what I'm saying, but mainly my point is c.

Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast