Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Tarvaris Jackson speaks....

12purplepride28 wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    More people refuse to believe that Favre cost us a SB shot by throwing that cross body INT, than think TJ wasn't bitter about losing the starting role.
    There's plenty of blame to go around for that loss. Attempting to pin all of it on Favre is just silly.

=Z=
    +1

So here we go again with another TJ thread.

Suppose this one gets locked?
    TARVARIS JACKSON SUCKS AND NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN US TO THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP, HE HAS NO POTENTIAL AND IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. WE SHOULD BRING BACK TICE AND CULPEPPER AND THEN WE'D BE REALLY GOOD.

haha
    I guess if you said it with all upper case letters it must be true.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

marshallvike wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    "It's like basketball. Anybody can hit a jumper when you're wide open. There's no pressure. But when there's a lot of pressure on you, it's a little different," he said. "But you can learn to take that same approach. Let it all hang out."
    http://host.madison.com/sports/football/article_974833cb-1ed9-541d-a898-4eeacbdbf1ae.html

Interesting. People on here have been saying have been saying the same thing about pressure. Good to see TJ admits it even though the TJ lovers don't.
    Who won't admit it Mars?

C'mon Mars! Any starting QB in this league would be bitter to some degree if Favre waltzed into [strike]traing camp[/strike] the preseason & was handed their starting role.

More people refuse to believe that Favre cost us a SB shot by throwing that cross body INT, than think TJ wasn't bitter about losing the starting role.

Who thinks T-Jack would have lead us to the NFC Championship game and given us a chance at a Superbowl?

NOT ME!

So you can blame Favre, but he got us there and he gives us the best shot at winning! I don't want T-Jack as the starting QB and he won't be next year.
    I do think TJ would have gotten us that far
    Oh no you didn't!! Now you've gone & done it; wait till Caine gets a load of this crap. You are in for a post lashing like you've never seen. Sick 'em Caine!!! :woohoo:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

tarkenton10 wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    "It's like basketball. Anybody can hit a jumper when you're wide open. There's no pressure. But when there's a lot of pressure on you, it's a little different," he said. "But you can learn to take that same approach. Let it all hang out."
    http://host.madison.com/sports/football/article_974833cb-1ed9-541d-a898-4eeacbdbf1ae.html

Interesting. People on here have been saying have been saying the same thing about pressure. Good to see TJ admits it even though the TJ lovers don't.
    Who won't admit it Mars?

C'mon Mars! Any starting QB in this league would be bitter to some degree if Favre waltzed into [strike]traing camp[/strike] the preseason & was handed their starting role.

Who thinks T-Jack would have lead us to the NFC Championship game and given us a chance at a Superbowl?

NOT ME!

So you can blame Favre, but he got us there and he gives us the best shot at winning! I don't want T-Jack as the starting QB and he won't be next year.
    I do think TJ would have gotten us that far
    Oh no you didn't!! Now you've gone & done it; wait till Caine gets a load of this crap. You are in for a post lashing like you've never seen. Sick 'em Caine!!! :woohoo:
    Jeeeez...not again....

Do me a favor, click on my name, go to my profile, check my "recent posts" and go back and read my very well documented opinion of Jackson, his state of development, and how capable he has been for us over the course of the past 4 seasons.

If, after that point, you still harbor the faintest notion that Jackson could have lead our team to the NFC Championship game (which he couldn't...not even close), feel free to post why you believe so...but do it in a new thread. Call it, "I believe Jackson could get us there...please embarrass me".

If you no longer feel that he would, feel free to quietly go back to cheering for a Viking Superbowl...I won't tell.

As for the original idea about Jackson being ticked - I completely understand why he would be. He was handed the starting job, then has repeatedly lost it. Couple that with fan expectation being far higher than his actual performance (Except versus Arizona), and I can see why Jackson would be upset about ANYONE taking his job.

That said, I also liked seeing that he admited to learning a lot. I sincerely hope he did...and I hope he can translate that to on field success...but I'm not banking on it.

Caine

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

What about the dropped passes?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

What about the linear graphs? LOL

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

What about the magical 4 years.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

gagarr wrote:
    If Favre isn't at OTAs, mini-camp, and possibly some of training camp, it's only good for TJ and Sage as they will be getting more reps with the 1st string.

It's also good the Vikes will have more time to evaluate Archer and Webb at QBs. Because there will be openings at QB next year. Given TJ will be a UFA and Sage's contract will be up too, one or both could leave.

TJ just has to watch, learn, and when given the chance again PERFORM. Same goes for Sage. The one that proves himself could be a starter here rather than a backup elsewhere.
    I hope it isnt Jackson and Sage that get more reps. I hope it is Perrilloux that gets the most work. The kid has his back against the wall and knows this might be his only chance, that is alot of motivation for this fella. At least it better be.

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

Marshallvike,if you really think T-Joke would have brought the Vikes anywhere near the NFC championship game you are on some serious mind altering shit.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

PackSux! wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    If Favre isn't at OTAs, mini-camp, and possibly some of training camp, it's only good for TJ and Sage as they will be getting more reps with the 1st string.

It's also good the Vikes will have more time to evaluate Archer and Webb at QBs. Because there will be openings at QB next year. Given TJ will be a UFA and Sage's contract will be up too, one or both could leave.

TJ just has to watch, learn, and when given the chance again PERFORM. Same goes for Sage. The one that proves himself could be a starter here rather than a backup elsewhere.
    I hope it isnt Jackson and Sage that get more reps. I hope it is Perrilloux that gets the most work. The kid has his back against the wall and knows this might be his only chance, that is alot of motivation for this fella. At least it better be.
    I must have missed the fact that the Vikings signed Perrilloux. The QBs I thought they have on their roster are: Favre, Jackson, Rosenfels, Webb and Archer. Did I miss something?

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

ejmat wrote:
    What about the linear graphs? LOL
    No linear graphs here, I think I started visting PPO after the Tavaris Jackson mega thread.

I still think the Coaching Staff is going to give Tarvaris one more shot at QB after Favre retires.

For a little perspective, I took a look at the top 10 QBs in the league last year and noted whwn we first saw something from them that said "This guy really could be a quality NFL QB".

warner…….year 6
    schaub…….year 5
    brees…….year 4
    romo…….year 4
    rogers…….year 4
    rivers…….year 3
    favre…….year 2
    brady…….year 2
    manning…….year 2
    rothlissberger…….year 1

Now, TJack came from a school not known for developing QB talent and played against inferior talent in college. He had knee surgery that screwed up his first season and was thrown to the wolves and got eaten alive in his second season. His third season he showed a little something with a 95.4 rating and a 9/2 TD to INT ratio in 149 throws with only one good WR for the year. If he had the same number of pases as Favre last year that would have projected to 32TDs and 7INT.

Now, it looks like TJ gets at least 2 years to mature/study/develop under Favre (however you want to look at it) and when he gets a chance again it looks like his reciever core will look like Rice+Harvin+Berrian+Webb(yr 2).

I think the coaching staff is more than happy to keep working with TJack and can't wait for the opportunity to say "I told you so".

Just saying, don't "cut bait" on TJ just yet. Not sure if he ever grades out as a "Top 10" QB, but, it's still too soon to say he can't be one in my book.
    None

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast