Page 1 of 85 123 11 51 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Tarvaris Jackson speaks....

Tarvaris Jackson Admits He Was “Bitter” and “Mad” About Brett Favre’s Arrival

http://thevikingage.com/2010/05/21/tarvaris-jackson-admits-he-was-bitter-and-mad-about-brett-favres-arrival/

Re:Tarvaris Jackson speaks....

"It's like basketball. Anybody can hit a jumper when you're wide open. There's no pressure. But when there's a lot of pressure on you, it's a little different," he said. "But you can learn to take that same approach. Let it all hang out."
    http://host.madison.com/sports/football/article_974833cb-1ed9-541d-a898-4eeacbdbf1ae.html

Interesting. People on here have been saying have been saying the same thing about pressure. Good to see TJ admits it even though the TJ lovers don't.

"It was just fun being around a guy with his personality in the meeting rooms every day, keeping the guys light," Jackson said of Favre. "At the same time, he had a serious mentality. He had a serious approach to each day and trying to get better. Watching him going through 16 regular season games and the playoff games, it really helped me out as a quarterback."
    This one is for Marrdro.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    "It's like basketball. Anybody can hit a jumper when you're wide open. There's no pressure. But when there's a lot of pressure on you, it's a little different," he said. "But you can learn to take that same approach. Let it all hang out."
    http://host.madison.com/sports/football/article_974833cb-1ed9-541d-a898-4eeacbdbf1ae.html

Interesting. People on here have been saying have been saying the same thing about pressure. Good to see TJ admits it even though the TJ lovers don't.
    Good thing he is taking his pointers from Brett and not Shank.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

If Favre isn't at OTAs, mini-camp, and possibly some of training camp, it's only good for TJ and Sage as they will be getting more reps with the 1st string.

It's also good the Vikes will have more time to evaluate Archer and Webb at QBs. Because there will be openings at QB next year. Given TJ will be a UFA and Sage's contract will be up too, one or both could leave.

TJ just has to watch, learn, and when given the chance again PERFORM. Same goes for Sage. The one that proves himself could be a starter here rather than a backup elsewhere.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

marstc09 wrote:

Tj admits what exactly? That coming off the bench when the game is decided is not the same as starting? I don't think anyone ever denied that.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Tj admits what exactly? That coming off the bench when the game is decided is not the same as starting? I don't think anyone ever denied that.
    I didn't see anything in there that talked about coming off the bench when the game is decided. I think he was saying that making throws when there is no pressure is a lot easier than making throws under pressure... something that TJack is often criticized for struggling with.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Good thing he is taking his pointers from Brett and not Shank.
    Hang out in the end zone
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    "It was just fun being around a guy with his personality in the meeting rooms every day, keeping the guys light," Jackson said of Favre. "At the same time, he had a serious mentality. He had a serious approach to each day and trying to get better. Watching him going through 16 regular season games and the playoff games, it really helped me out as a quarterback."
    This one is for Marrdro.
    I can't wait for the Noodle to do all that teaching in camp so that our young QBs......

Wait, hold on, back the truck up........Is the Noodle even gonna be in camp this year? hmy:

LOL, JK, I don't think I'm the one who said anything about TJ not learning from the Noodle. In fact, I'm the one who says he has learned alot, to the point that he doesn't have to lean over the Noodles shoulder in every series like Sage has to.

Heck, I even think you can find were I said that TJ was gonna benifit the most from the Noodles presence.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

marstc09 wrote:

Who won't admit it Mars?

C'mon Mars! Any starting QB in this league would be bitter to some degree if Favre waltzed into [strike]traing camp[/strike] the preseason & was handed their starting role.

More people refuse to believe that Favre cost us a SB shot by throwing that cross body INT, than think TJ wasn't bitter about losing the starting role.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 85 123 11 51 ... LastLast