Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

NodakPaul wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Can't wait for all the "I told yous" when he steps onto the field again ha

It's gonna be fun around here
    And the fun part is there will be I told yous regardless of how he performs...
    Yup... that's what I was thinking.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

gregair13 wrote:
    TJ can take the last snap in the Superbowl when we are taking a victory knee.
    Some people here would give him props for it ,believe me.
    El underdog.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"

Can Brett teach durability?

I think he can improve the mental aspects of the game as well as refine his physical skills.

Can he stay healthy?

I hope so.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:

I think he can improve the mental aspects of the game as well as refine his physical skills.

Can he stay healthy?

I hope so.
    He already gave him some wrangler jeans, so, I think TJack will be able to play with an injury...as long as it isn't anything more severe than a hangnail.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:

Can he stay healthy?

I hope so.
    He already gave him some wrangler jeans, so, I think TJack will be able to play with an injury...as long as it isn't anything more severe than a hangnail.

Those hangnails can be a bitch, but I feel reasonably confident that after witnessing Favre in the NFCC game, TJack would definitely play one. I'd even go so far as to say he would play with some nagging injuries, as well as a nagging girlfriend/wife.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Hey, T-Jack played a great quarter against Seattle this year!

Also, I think he would make a good choice for the Browns... they seem to need a good/decent QB.

Also, I swear to God if he brings the Browns (or any other team for that matter) to the Super Bowl next year, I will go on a killing spree.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Brazilian Rider wrote:
    Hey, T-Jack played a great quarter against Seattle this year!

Also, I think he would make a good choice for the Browns... they seem to need a good/decent QB.

Also, I swear to God if he brings the Browns (or any other team for that matter) to the Super Bowl next year, I will go on a killing spree.
    I think you're safe.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

fanofteam is offline Starter

Re:Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"

The bottom line is you either have the talent to play in the NFL or you don't. Sure you can learn a few things but nothing replaces real game experience and TALENT

How many years did QB's play behind Elway, Jim Kelly and Marino, I can't even remember who came after those guys, Brian Griese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brazilian Rider wrote:
    You know, we hear a lot about how Favre has helped the recievers and everyone else along the course of the year, but we never hear if he did anything with T-Jack. I'm pretty sure having Favre there was a really good thing for T-Jack, and I think that if Favre came back for one more year and finished polishing T-Jack, Then the 2011 season would be remembered as an awesome T-Jack year.
    There were actually some articles and quotes out there that articulated that he was (much to my suprise) helping them and that the backups were trying the new stuff the Noodle was showing them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Brazilian Rider wrote:
    You know, we hear a lot about how Favre has helped the recievers and everyone else along the course of the year, but we never hear if he did anything with T-Jack. I'm pretty sure having Favre there was a really good thing for T-Jack, and I think that if Favre came back for one more year and finished polishing T-Jack, Then the 2011 season would be remembered as an awesome T-Jack year.
    There were actually some articles and quotes out there that articulated that he was (much to my suprise) helping them and that the backups were trying the new stuff the Noodle was showing them.
    There are numerous quotes out their from players saying that Favre helped them in their game ranging from o-line men to WRs to even defensive players. It was evident on the sidelines during games that he was talking to Rosenfels and Jackson, although from the camera shots it sure looked like Rosenfels was hanging in there a lot more than TJack was.

The best case scenario is that the other QBs learned and I agree with BR that if Favre does come back for another year it would be a great thing for TJack and, hopefully, another QB prospect from the draft, to learn under his wings and then bring on the QB competition in the 2011 offseason.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast