Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74
  1. #11
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    TJ is a good guy and I hope he succeeds. From reading that blog it sounds to me like he wants to leaveif Favre comes back. He states that it doesn't matter to him if Favre returms because he is a free agent. To me, that says he would want to go elsewhere if Favre returns.

    What will make or break it is the fact of whether he is unrestricted or restricted.

  2. #12
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    ejmat wrote:
    TJ is a good guy and I hope he succeeds. From reading that blog it sounds to me like he wants to leaveif Favre comes back. He states that it doesn't matter to him if Favre returms because he is a free agent. To me, that says he would want to go elsewhere if Favre returns.

    What will make or break it is the fact of whether he is unrestricted or restricted.
    That's what I took from that statement too...it sounds like if Favre returns he either wants to leave or thinks they'll be trying to get rid of him.

    I'm sure T-Jack realizes he could've done things to put himself in a better position and that Favre had an overall great season last year....but the wondering and waiting still have to be frustrating as hell 2 years in a row.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  3. #13
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    Yes Tarvaris, we have the same sentiments.

    Personally, I don't feel sorry for him at all. He was thrown to the wolves too early, but, it is what it is. He has been given more opportunities than most QBs with the number of years he has under his belt and has varying degrees of success.

    At this point I would not be surprised if he ends up playing and being a servicable QB and I would not be surprised if he ends up playing and being in backup hell for his career. I would be surprised if he comes out of the gate and has an HOF career, or, for that matter, a probowl year (which means nothing to me).

    As long as he is on the Vikings squad I wish him the best and hope he does extremely well. At this point in time I have more reasons to believe he will be a middle-of-the-pack QB if he is ever the starter. That would probably be good enough with the current team the Vikings have assembled.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #14
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    Tad7 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    TJ is a good guy and I hope he succeeds. From reading that blog it sounds to me like he wants to leaveif Favre comes back. He states that it doesn't matter to him if Favre returms because he is a free agent. To me, that says he would want to go elsewhere if Favre returns.

    What will make or break it is the fact of whether he is unrestricted or restricted.
    That's what I took from that statement too...it sounds like if Favre returns he either wants to leave or thinks they'll be trying to get rid of him.

    I'm sure T-Jack realizes he could've done things to put himself in a better position and that Favre had an overall great season last year....but the wondering and waiting still have to be frustrating as hell 2 years in a row.
    I am sure it was frustrating for Rodgers as well but I would be willing to bet the wouldn't want it any another way. He would be a fool to leave this team. Let Favre play one more year. Learn all you can from him. He knows this team and system. Why start over? Unless he knows he sucks ass and the team does not want him. I don't think he does so what the fuck is he thinking? He is crazy if he thinks any team is going to make him a starter next year so why not just wait and play here? He said he wanted to be here and now he says this. TJ waffles more than Brett. lol.

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    marstc09 wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    TJ is a good guy and I hope he succeeds. From reading that blog it sounds to me like he wants to leaveif Favre comes back. He states that it doesn't matter to him if Favre returms because he is a free agent. To me, that says he would want to go elsewhere if Favre returns.

    What will make or break it is the fact of whether he is unrestricted or restricted.
    That's what I took from that statement too...it sounds like if Favre returns he either wants to leave or thinks they'll be trying to get rid of him.

    I'm sure T-Jack realizes he could've done things to put himself in a better position and that Favre had an overall great season last year....but the wondering and waiting still have to be frustrating as hell 2 years in a row.
    I am sure it was frustrating for Rodgers as well but I would be willing to bet the wouldn't want it any another way. He would be a fool to leave this team. Let Favre play one more year. Learn all you can from him. He knows this team and system. Why start over? Unless he knows he sucks ass and the team does not want him. I don't think he does so what the fuck is he thinking? He is crazy if he thinks any team is going to make him a starter next year so why not just wait and play here? He said he wanted to be here and now he says this. TJ waffles more than Brett. lol.
    I don't think TJ is waffling - I think he is seriously concerned about his future. Staying with the Vikings is easily the best option for him. But he also knows that there is no guarantee that the Vikings issue a tender to retain his rights if Favre comes back.

    My gut tells me that they will issue a tender to him, but it won't be very high, and another team could sign him. I would like to have him in purple in 2010, but I am not willing to spend a lot on him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    810

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    Tad7 wrote:
    Should Have Been Us

    Usually I’m excited to watch the Super Bowl, but this year I couldn’t have cared less. I felt like, we got so close, we were supposed to win it. That should have been us. We know we could have done the same thing the Saints did in the Super Bowl, but they beat us and they’re the champs.

    I’ve just been chilling, hanging out with my son, my friends and family here in Alabama. I like to play basketball, video games, stuff like that. I like to cook for my family.

    At this point....

    READ MORE: http://www.tarvarisjackson7.com/blog.html
    all of you can ask tad7 here of how much i have disliked tjack. ive called him every name in the book from tjoke to tjockstrap, etc. but ill tell you this, i want this guy to sign back with the team for atleast a 3 year deal. i think another year under favre would be great for him. when he did play he did a pretty nice job. can he lead us to the promise land? i dont feel confident in saying that right now. maybe in a year or two he can change my mind. but i def want him back.


  7. #17
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"

    Can't wait for all the "I told yous" when he steps onto the field again ha

    It's gonna be fun around here

  8. #18
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,839

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I'm glad someone has the balls to say it.

    Damn right it should have been us. We kicked the Saints' ass all game. Fucking gave it to them.

    I've never been so bitter after a Super Bowl. I'm going to have a bad taste in my mouth until we win it next year.
    Couldn't agree more. Much as I want to be happy for the Saints, all I can think is we dropped the ball AND the refs F'd us again and, "Who Dat Stole er Bowl!!!"
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    V4L wrote:
    Can't wait for all the "I told yous" when he steps onto the field again ha

    It's gonna be fun around here
    And the fun part is there will be I told yous regardless of how he performs...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Tarvaris Jackson:

    mountainviking wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I'm glad someone has the balls to say it.

    Damn right it should have been us. We kicked the Saints' ass all game. Fucking gave it to them.

    I've never been so bitter after a Super Bowl. I'm going to have a bad taste in my mouth until we win it next year.
    Couldn't agree more. Much as I want to be happy for the Saints, all I can think is we dropped the ball AND the refs F'd us again and, "Who Dat Stole er Bowl!!!"
    You have to admit, "Lombardi Gras" is pretty damn cool.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tarvaris Jackson speaks....
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 846
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
  3. Tarvaris Jackson
    By VIKINAT0R in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  4. For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
  5. TARVARIS JACKSON
    By DustinDupont in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •