NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43078.msg739602#msg739602 date=1205452643]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=43078.msg739597#msg739597 date=1205452218]
    My issue with Tjack is that a good game for him is judged on hom many picks he didn't throw vs. how many TDs he threw. When did thi become the norm. I remember when a 2 td - 0 int. 250 yard game game was considered average. Now 1-1 for 175 is a great game. WTF?
    It all depends on your offense. If you have a passing team like the Vikes did when Culpepper was here, then the QB is going to be throwing more TD's.

When you have a WCO & a RB like AD, like we do now, the QB's passing TD's will be less & the RB's rushing TD's higher.
    I realize that. I'm more concerned about the INTS.
    If you are throwing 20 times a game 1/4th of your balls shouldn't be in the other guys hands ( unless you like having your balls in some guy's hands.)
    When did TJ have a 5 INT game?
    Or even come close to a 25% INT rate?

You would have more credibility if you would use real stats instead of exaggerations.
    For instance, it would be just as effective to say "20% of your completed passes shouldn't be to other team (ala Detroit game)".
    That way you can make a legitimate dig at TJack...

(LMAO at the balls joke though...)
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/scoreboards/2007/09/16/2519_viewcast.html

Vikings v. Detroit last year.
    4 picks, 33 attempts - ~ .125% interception rate.
    You missed the key words there - completed passes.
    TJ had 17 completions and 4 INTs.
    [/quote]

Interceptions are not completed passes, they are incomplete.
    A better comparison would be to the 16 incompletions, 4 of which went to the Lions - 25%.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Actually, they are neither completions or incompletions.
    They are interceptions.
    I realize that, and was using a play on words.
    Don't read too much into the post...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=43078.msg739624#msg739624 date=1205454014]
    My issue with Tjack is that a good game for him is judged on hom many picks he didn't throw vs. how many TDs he threw. When did thi become the norm. I remember when a 2 td - 0 int. 250 yard game game was considered average. Now 1-1 for 175 is a great game. WTF?
    It all depends on your offense. If you have a passing team like the Vikes did when Culpepper was here, then the QB is going to be throwing more TD's.

When you have a WCO & a RB like AD, like we do now, the QB's passing TD's will be less & the RB's rushing TD's higher.
    If you are throwing 20 times a game 1/4th of your balls shouldn't be in the other guys hands ( unless you like having your balls in some guy's hands.)

You would have more credibility if you would use real stats instead of exaggerations.
    For instance, it would be just as effective to say "20% of your completed passes shouldn't be to other team (ala Detroit game)".

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/scoreboards/2007/09/16/2519_viewcast.html

[/quote]

A better comparison would be to the 16 incompletions, 4 of which went to the Lions - 25%.
    [/quote]

They are interceptions.
    [/quote]

I can't find a good explanation of interceptions in the NFL rules digest:
    http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/digestofrules

But I'm 99% positive that an interception counts as an attempt and not a completion, so, thus, it is an "incomplete to our team" pass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=43078.msg741503#msg741503 date=1205763422]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They are interceptions.
    [/quote]

But I'm 99% positive that an interception counts as an attempt and not a completion, so, thus, it is an "incomplete to our team" pass.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    How slow is the offseason?
    Slow enough for you two to discuss this and for me to find it interesting.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=43078.msg741505#msg741505 date=1205764029]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They are interceptions.
    [/quote]

=Z=
    [/quote]
    ;D
    [/quote]

LOL.

OK, I am looking, but I cannot find a definitive definition of an interception either.
    I can, however, find the definition of an incompletion in the link provided.
    Any forward pass becomes incomplete and ball is dead if:

(a) Pass hits the ground or goes out of bounds.

(b) Pass hits the goal post or the crossbar of either team.
    In an INT, neither of these criteria are met.
    The ball is also not dead, another characteristic of an incompletion.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=43078.msg741508#msg741508 date=1205764539]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=43078.msg741505#msg741505 date=1205764029]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They are interceptions.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

;D

[/quote]
    LOL.

OK, I am looking, but I cannot find a definitive definition of an interception either.
    I can, however, find the definition of an incompletion in the link provided.
    Any forward pass becomes incomplete and ball is dead if:

(a) Pass hits the ground or goes out of bounds.

(b) Pass hits the goal post or the crossbar of either team.
    In an INT, neither of these criteria are met.
    The ball is also not dead, another characteristic of an incompletion.
    [/quote]

The question, I think, rests it not whether it is an incompletion, but, rather, if the original pass is counted as an "attempt".
    Incompletions are not actually tracked, but are inferred from the tracking of attempts and completions.

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    The question, I think, rests it not whether it is an incompletion, but, rather, if the original pass is counted as an "attempt".
    Incompletions are not actually tracked, but are inferred from the tracking of attempts and completions.

=Z=
    Hmpf.
    Well shit, I think you got me there.
    Fine.
    I never liked you anyway. ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Hmpf.
    Well shit, I think you got me there.
    Fine.
    What defines an attempt?
    Come on, let's wrassle this one to the ground!

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Hmpf.
    Well pooh, I think you got me there.
    Fine.
    What defines an attempt?
    Come on, let's wrassle this one to the ground!

=Z=
    I would love to, but I have a meeting to get to in 10 min.
    Stupid work interfering with my mindless banter...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122