Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    just wait tjack haters
    didnt help that bobby wade was his number one wr for most of the year
    the article is right..childress's entire career rides on this guys shoulders..the point that some people make in his defense "they went 8-4 with him", while also saying that he is clearly better than grossman or orton is hilarious..it could go either way right now..t-jack is still a totally unknown..whether hes the next steve mcnair or spergeon wynn, cannot yet be answered
    i totally agree that he is unknown as of now, everyone hates on him, but im one of the few who has faith that he will do well next year
    i want him to succeed as much as anyone else so that we dont end up with a neverending carousel of QBs over the next couple seasons, especially with peterson being in his prime, berrian being signed, the potential emergence of rice, and a solid defense that can do enough to give our offense a chance to win every single game..this entire team is ready to step up, but the one guy that needs to take that step with everybody else is jackson..the entire season (and the teams short term future at least) rests on t-jacks shoulders..simply playing "okay" isnt going to get it done with the group of guys we are starting to surround him with..hes gotta start having some big TD/yardage games, and start using his feet more often to make plays
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

vikinggreg is online now Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Jackson supporters point to the record as a starter, but on the flip side, it can be contended that Kyle Orton went 10-5 as a starter with the Bears in 2005 and nobody believes he is a bona fide NFL starter"

that supportive argument can now be put to rest
    I ask myself, If TJ was cut today would any NFl team sign him?
    Miami, Kansas City, Chicago, Atlanta and Tampa Bay wants like 5-7 cubes signed this year, they're busy looking a Favre too

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Jackson supporters point to the record as a starter, but on the flip side, it can be contended that Kyle Orton went 10-5 as a starter with the Bears in 2005 and nobody believes he is a bona fide NFL starter"
    LOL! Nothing could be farther from the truth. For everyone of those, there's another QB that can prove it wrong.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    LOL! Nothing could be farther from the truth. For everyone of those, there's another QB that can prove it wrong.
    one that at least passes for more than 125 yards in most games, and has more TDs than INTs..thats the only way i could understand that logic

still a totally unknown..when he starts helping the team more than harming them, il start to come around and say that things look positive..right now, its still neutral
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ktarinze is offline Rookie

not a started a backup is more like it

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"ktarinze" wrote:
    not a started a backup is more like it
    backup to..........

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

i want him to succeed as much as anyone else so that we dont end up with a neverending carousel of QBs over the next couple seasons, especially with peterson being in his prime, berrian being signed, the potential emergence of rice, and a solid defense that can do enough to give our offense a chance to win every single game..this entire team is ready to step up, but the one guy that needs to take that step with everybody else is jackson..the entire season (and the teams short term future at least) rests on t-jacks shoulders..simply playing "okay" isnt going to get it done with the group of guys we are starting to surround him with..hes gotta start having some big TD/yardage games, and start using his feet more often to make plays
    [/quote]

Perfect reply!
    If a fan questions the ability of a player it is NOT HATE.
    We as fans have the right to put the team and all players under the scope.
    That is what true fans do. They love the game and the team so much it consumes us.
    We want ot talk about everything and get involved in the team in all aspects.
    Hell that is why PPO is here.
    I can't imagine a site that everyone bowed at the knees of the players and just said "I believe"
    That has to be earned by the Coach's and the Players. Yes they play for themselves and their paychecks, but they play for us the fans too
    So to question and debate their skills is all part of the BIG picture of sports and being a fan.
    So lets stop the "Hate" label and talk about what we all love the most.
    Taters and the Minnesota Vikings!

Sermon's over, pass the plate and go Vikes!

6-kings

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"6-KINGS" wrote:

I can't imagine a site that everyone bowed at the knees of the players and just said "I believe"

6-kings
    Many sites.........Purple Jesus - 2007

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:
    ...THAT is the question that makes calamity of such a long offseason.
    over/under on how many threads are made about this topic are made before pre season?
    100?
    Over
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Have faith. Chili knows more about QBs than any of us.

We don't want someone too old. We don't want someone too young. We need someone to start right away. We want someone whose mobile. We want someone with a cannon arm. And want someone whose cheap. Maybe we should start just start Tarvaris Jackson.

Sounds like people are griping but don't offer a great alternative, because there is none.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast