Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Tarvaris Jackson and Kordell Stewart

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    This is a business and Wilf wants a new stadium.
    It is no secret that a big chunk of the fan base does not like Childress and does not believe in TJack.
    That being said, I'm guessing, based purely on a business and stadium issue decision, that a QB will be sought after and I'm also guessing that for the first time in Childress' tenure he is going to make it well known that it is an open competition.
    Fanatics, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, want the perception that the team is patching deficiencies and moving forward.
    It's a nice fantasy that owners don't listen to fans, they do, but it's kind of the same way a professor listens to a student....there's a slight chance that with in all the kaka del rio there is a nugget of truth.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the offseason.
    A nice fantasy huh..........

You put that in just for me now didn't you.

;D
    I knew you would make a comment, just trying to get the old marr to surface so he can finally pull his panties out of his jiggly butt-crack.
    Aren't you proud that I resisted the urge to get on my soapbox?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    It is no secret that a big chunk of the fan base does not like Childress and does not believe in TJack.
    That being said, I'm guessing, based purely on a business and stadium issue decision, that a QB will be sought after and I'm also guessing that for the first time in Childress' tenure he is going to make it well known that it is an open competition.
    Fanatics, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, want the perception that the team is patching deficiencies and moving forward.
    It's a nice fantasy that owners don't listen to fans, they do, but it's kind of the same way a professor listens to a student....there's a slight chance that with in all the kaka del rio there is a nugget of truth.

;D
    I knew you would make a comment, just trying to get the old marr to surface so he can finally pull his panties out of his jiggly butt-crack.
    No, I was hoping you would.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

;D
    No, I was hoping you would.
    LOL, I have other more pressing "points of discussion" that need my attention.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ragz is offline GM

this is why i dog childress though, this kinda comparison.
    cowher took kordell to the afc championship game for christ sake.
    shennahan took jake plummer.
    jackson has enough talent to be able to contribute enough to get a team with a good defense and running game further than squeezing out a bad division and losing a first round home game.
    but besides qb, we dont do any of the other things, little and big, to get you further.
    i dont know how much say childress has in personell, but if he has a good chunk, maybe he should take a step back and focus more on the things hes not getting done with teh players and in game management
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

"ragz" wrote:
    jackson has enough talent to be able to contribute enough to get a team with a good defense and running game further than squeezing out a bad division and losing a first round home game.
    but besides qb, we dont do any of the other things, little and big, to get you further.
    i dont know how much say childress has in personell, but if he has a good chunk, maybe he should take a step back and focus more on the things hes not getting done with teh players and in game management
    Finally something we agree on (I think).

I really believe we need to either get a GM in here or at least officially call Spielman the GM and let the Chiller just coach.

I for one hate the Triad thingamajib. >

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

I really believe we need to either get a GM in here or at least officially call Spielman the GM and let the Chiller just coach.

i dont know if i mind it, my feeling is though, if you are not doing a very good job at any of your responsibilities, maybe you should focus on one to get at least that right.
    not that i'm saying he still isn't bad, but there seriously is no explanation for us not to have a 2 minute offense after 3 years.
    all the problems we have on field, or coaching in game appears to me to be all preparation.
    so either hes just terrible at that, or he has to focus more on it.
    but something needs to be done.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

"ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

i dont know if i mind it, my feeling is though, if you are not doing a very good job at any of your responsibilities, maybe you should focus on one to get at least that right.
    not that i'm saying he still isn't bad, but there seriously is no explanation for us not to have a 2 minute offense after 3 years.
    all the problems we have on field, or coaching in game appears to me to be all preparation.
    so either hes just terrible at that, or he has to focus more on it.
    but something needs to be done.
    I would rather see them execute a screen consistently than I would a 2 minute drill.
    ;D

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Both could not read a defense. Second year in a row that Tarvaris sunk us. I realize that it was not all him, but that pass to Asante Samuel sunk us. And it was the failure to read where the safety was.

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Both could not read a defense. Second year in a row that Tarvaris sunk us. I realize that it was not all him, but that pass to Asante Samuel sunk us. And it was the failure to read where the safety was.
    Could have been the nail in the coffin, however he did lead us right back for a TD.
    I think the screen play that caught us with our shorts down was more of a killer than the pick 6.

bleedpurple is online now Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Could have been the nail in the coffin, however he did lead us right back for a TD.
    I think the screen play that caught us with our shorts down was more of a killer than the pick 6.
    i agree!!! plus asante doesn't play safety!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast