Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tarvaris Jackson and Kordell Stewart

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Stewart was in the league for 11 years and TJack just finished his third year.
    Based on what I recall from watching Kordell Stewart I don't see the similarities and don't see TJack playing any WR.
    How will he TJack be remembered when he retires from the NFL?
    Nobody knows yet, three years is not very long.

I like looking at four-time SB winning QB stats:

Yr 1: 6 TDs 24 INTs
    Yr 2: 13 TDs 22 INTs
    Yr 3: 12 TDs 12 INTs
    Yr 4: 10 TDs 15 INTs
    Yr 5: 7 TDs 8 INTs
    Yr 6: 18 TDs 9 INTs

Wow, 6 yrs before having more TDs than INTs.

Just something interesting.
    None of know how TJack will pan out, I have my doubts.

I just don't see many similarities between Slash and TJack
    Terry Bradshaw was a terrible QB. I said it. He was blessed to be on the he ended up on.
    We don't want to wait 6 year for our QB to get it. Also please add that back in that ERA, players weren't groomed to enter the pro arena like they are now. There was a rougher transition from Prep to Pros. TJ is not the answer.
    We don't know if he is or he isn't.
    I say he won't be.
    Reality is that there are many QBs that took time to develop, that is nothing new.

Yeah, Bradsahaw really sucks.
    He has four rings to prove it.
    You know what is scary?
    Bradshaw wasn't the best QB on that team and basically got the job by default......

http://slick.org/deathwatch/mailarchive/msg00160.html
    That happens a lot in life.
    Some people excell when given the opportunity and some don't.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Based on what I recall from watching Kordell Stewart I don't see the similarities and don't see TJack playing any WR.

Bradshaw wasn't a qb, he was on a great team.
    I'll take Marino over Bradshaw any day.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Bradshaw wasn't a qb, he was on a great team.
    I'll take Marino over Bradshaw any day.
    I never once mentioned that he's the greatest, simply that he has four rings and started off slowly.
    Nothing more.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Terry Bradshaw was a terrible QB. I said it. He was blessed to be on the he ended up on.
    We don't want to wait 6 year for our QB to get it. Also please add that back in that ERA, players weren't groomed to enter the pro arena like they are now. There was a rougher transition from Prep to Pros. TJ is not the answer.
    I say he won't be.
    Reality is that there are many QBs that took time to develop, that is nothing new.

Luke Longley of the Chicago Bulls has 6 NBA Championships. He is the greatest Center of all time.
    Jared Lorenzo has a Ring and Marino doesn't. He is a better Qb than Marino.

Shall I go on?
    ;D

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I say he won't be.

Luke Longley of the Chicago Bulls has 6 NBA Championships. He is the greatest Center of all time.

Shall I go on?
    ;D
    The whole point of my post is lost, it isn't about Bradshaw in the original post.
    It is simply pointing out that some people make judgements on people almost instantaneously and say they are a bust when the facts show that it is too early to tell whether they are a bust or not.
    TJack has looked like the greenhorn that he is in most games and the big question is whether he will be able to integrate his newfound knowledge and complement his athleticism with that knowledge to the point that it is instinctual and he just plays the game.
    I really wonder if he will ever be able to do that.
    It takes time and it makes me nervous if they go into next season with him as the starter.
    If TJack does well Childress will look wise and if Tjack does not he will look like an idiot that put all his eggs into the TJack basket and he will destroy his HCing at Minny just like Aaron Brooks did to Haslett in Nawlins.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I say he won't be.

Shall I go on?
    ;D
    The whole point of my post is lost, it isn't about Bradshaw in the original post.
    It is simply pointing out that some people make judgements on people almost instantaneously and say they are a bust when the facts show that it is too early to tell whether they are a bust or not.
    TJack has looked like the greenhorn that he is in most games and the big question is whether he will be able to integrate his newfound knowledge and complement his athleticism with that knowledge to the point that it is instinctual and he just plays the game.
    It takes time and it makes me nervous if they go into next season with him as the starter.
    If TJack does well Childress will look wise and if Tjack does not he will look like an idiot that put all his eggs into the TJack basket and he will destroy his HCing at Minny just like Aaron Brooks did to Haslett in Nawlins.
    honestly i don't think there is any way we go into next season with TJ as the sole starter and not bring in another QB...

1. this team is too talented and that would def. but chilly on the hot seat...
    2. If that where the case, he'd never have benched him after the first 2 games, and then declare Gus the starter the rest of the season..
    3. While TJ played great down the stretch, he also played pretty well down the stretch last year, and everyone saw improvements and was all excited about him... only for the first 2 games to begin to much chagrin..

so at the very least, he's gonna have to bring in someone to compete. IMO.. or draft and bring in a WHOLE lot of lineman to protect him and a Wr.. which they might do anyway...

and for Goodness sakes, TJ needs to play a majority of the preseason!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=50060.msg893222#msg893222 date=1231335779]

I say he won't be.

Shall I go on?
    ;D
    honestly i don't think there is any way we go into next season with TJ as the sole starter and not bring in another QB...

2. If that where the case, he'd never have benched him after the first 2 games, and then declare Gus the starter the rest of the season..
    3. While TJ played great down the stretch, he also played pretty well down the stretch last year, and everyone saw improvements and was all excited about him... only for the first 2 games to begin to much chagrin..

so at the very least, he's gonna have to bring in someone to compete. IMO.. or draft and bring in a WHOLE lot of lineman to protect him and a Wr.. which they might do anyway...

[/quote]

This is a business and Wilf wants a new stadium.
    It is no secret that a big chunk of the fan base does not like Childress and does not believe in TJack.
    That being said, I'm guessing, based purely on a business and stadium issue decision, that a QB will be sought after and I'm also guessing that for the first time in Childress' tenure he is going to make it well known that it is an open competition.
    Fanatics, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, want the perception that the team is patching deficiencies and moving forward.
    It's a nice fantasy that owners don't listen to fans, they do, but it's kind of the same way a professor listens to a student....there's a slight chance that with in all the bullshit there is a nugget of truth.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the offseason.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=50060.msg893282#msg893282 date=1231341447]
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=50060.msg893222#msg893222 date=1231335779]

I say he won't be.

Shall I go on?
    ;D

[/quote]

It is no secret that a big chunk of the fan base does not like Childress and does not believe in TJack.
    That being said, I'm guessing, based purely on a business and stadium issue decision, that a QB will be sought after and I'm also guessing that for the first time in Childress' tenure he is going to make it well known that it is an open competition.
    Fanatics, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, want the perception that the team is patching deficiencies and moving forward.
    It's a nice fantasy that owners don't listen to fans, they do, but it's kind of the same way a professor listens to a student....there's a slight chance that with in all the kaka del rio there is a nugget of truth.
    [/quote]

Me too... i also think that Wilf may be getting frustrated bc of the slow moving process and the unlikely hood of getting public funding... so that may also be a factor in keeping Childress for the duration of his contract, so that if he sells the team for lack of a stadium, he won't be paying two coaches...

with that said, I hope they bring in a guy who atleast can lead this team for a few years if not well into the future!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's a nice fantasy that owners don't listen to fans, they do, but it's kind of the same way a professor listens to a student....there's a slight chance that with in all the kaka del rio there is a nugget of truth.
    A nice fantasy huh..........

You put that in just for me now didn't you.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    A nice fantasy huh..........

You put that in just for me now didn't you.

;D
    I knew you would make a comment, just trying to get the old marr to surface so he can finally pull his panties out of his ass-crack.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast