Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    guys... calm down. don't worry about our season, we can make the Super Bowl. Tavaris Jackson says so.... :/
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  2. #12
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    idahovikefan7 wrote:
    Awesome! just hope he's not referring to himself as one of the proven "leader/winners".....
    It is a fairly mature blog. If TJack shows this kind of confidence in the locker room and huddle, then he could very well be evolving into a leader.
    For sure.

    I'm impressed by him, I always have been impressed by his behavior and composure off the field. The way he's handled the whole Favre situation, the way he handled being benched in 07/08. Hopefully his football mind has caught up with his personality.

    He has the physical tools, the attitude, now all he needs is the complete mental grasp and composure and we're looking at a hell of a player.

    Like I said, I hope those things have caught up, cause Favre is looking pretty beat up.


    And to be on topic: He's right. We shouldn't panic. The team shouldn't panic. It's not unrealistic to win 2 of our next 4, 3 of our next 5. That makes us 5-5 at week 10.
    I know some on here don't believe it, however, I believe we have a real NFL organization that is pretty good about getting and putting quality players on the field.

    Going on the premise that they are a real NFL organization and can really judge talent, they have kept TJ around for a reason.

    For me, its because he is ready.

    Did he struggle early in his career? Sure, but hell, look around the league, all of them do. Its the nature of the game.

    My guess, we will see ole TJ for a rep or two (actually predicting 5) against the Cowgirls this weekend.
    I'm by no means sold on him as a QB, because of the things I said he was lacking, but I am impressed with him as a person. Most NFL players would not have handled his situation the way he has.

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    idahovikefan7 wrote:
    Awesome! just hope he's not referring to himself as one of the proven "leader/winners".....
    It is a fairly mature blog. If TJack shows this kind of confidence in the locker room and huddle, then he could very well be evolving into a leader.
    For sure.

    I'm impressed by him, I always have been impressed by his behavior and composure off the field. The way he's handled the whole Favre situation, the way he handled being benched in 07/08. Hopefully his football mind has caught up with his personality.

    He has the physical tools, the attitude, now all he needs is the complete mental grasp and composure and we're looking at a hell of a player.

    Like I said, I hope those things have caught up, cause Favre is looking pretty beat up.


    And to be on topic: He's right. We shouldn't panic. The team shouldn't panic. It's not unrealistic to win 2 of our next 4, 3 of our next 5. That makes us 5-5 at week 10.
    I know some on here don't believe it, however, I believe we have a real NFL organization that is pretty good about getting and putting quality players on the field.

    Going on the premise that they are a real NFL organization and can really judge talent, they have kept TJ around for a reason.

    For me, its because he is ready.

    Did he struggle early in his career? Sure, but hell, look around the league, all of them do. Its the nature of the game.

    My guess, we will see ole TJ for a rep or two (actually predicting 5) against the Cowgirls this weekend.
    I'm by no means sold on him as a QB, because of the things I said he was lacking, but I am impressed with him as a person. Most NFL players would not have handled his situation the way he has.
    Again, I agree.

    I just think he is ready enough to get the job done, mostly because of the team around him.

    He is still developing and will make mistakes. He just needs to limit those mistakes (ala Sanchez) and let the team win around him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    If T-Jack says so I am now much more confident.
    El underdog.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    jrjohn wrote:

    I think the late season fade had a lot to do with Bretts age. I don't see him getting stronger as the season go's on. I think he'll be out with an injury before long. I think he's already injured, but the problem is he won't concede to injury, and for the sake of his records he will stay in the game only to hurt the team like he did in NY.
    Sad.... So unless Chilly pulls him, he's not leaving.[/quote]

    I don't think you could be farther off, as far as the streak goes. No professional athlete in a TEAM sport would put an individual record above the teams success.

    As for his age, it's just a number. If you have the skills and the mental make up to still get the job done at a high level, keep playing as long as a team will have you.

    Every player faces injury during the year, at that point it comes down to pain tolerance.

    Keep this in mind, and it's by no stretch an excuse. Former QB Matt Hasselbeck contacted several QB's regarding the cancer awareness footballs currently being used. The biggest complaint was they were too slick, and hard to handle. That may have contributed to favres' handling problems monday night, along with the rain and his tender elbow.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  6. #16
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    I can't get the link to work, but from reading what others have written, reads to me like TJ is and has been, nothing more than a team player. Cudo's to TJ for being so.
    Now for my little bomb, I just pray that Brett can follow suit and do the same. Be a team player, that meens, if your arm is hurt to the point that it is effecting your decisions mentaly, and effecting your passing physicaly, then it's time to suck it up and step aside for those who may be ready to step in and contribute. I've always believed that a player who tries to play hurt, can be more of a bad apple to the bunch, than a contributing factor. Right now, I'm questioning the fact, is Favre's physical state hurting this team? I'm very sure it's not helping right now. It may very well be, time for Brett to take a break and step aside, let the young healthy player in there, and see what we do as a team then...
    Yes, I'm all for TJ starting, if Brett is not able to perform at 100%, in health and mind...


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  7. #17
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    Marrdro wrote:
    I know some on here don't believe it, however, I believe we have a real NFL organization that is pretty good about getting and putting quality players on the field.

    Going on the premise that they are a real NFL organization and can really judge talent, they have kept TJ around for a reason.
    Because he was CHEAP.

    Marrdro wrote:
    For me, its because he is ready.
    And your proof of that would be.....

    Marrdro wrote:
    Did he struggle early in his career? Sure, but hell, look around the league, all of them do. Its the nature of the game.
    He struggled all through his career...not just "early". And we've already discussed this ad nauseum.

    What has Jackson SHOWN - other than the ability not to say stupid things to the media - that makes you believe he's ready to start? What has he DONE to refute all of the poor play of the past? Where is the PROOF?

    Fact is, there isn't any. There's a lot of wishful thinking, a lot of conjecture based upon a lot of "what if" scenarios...but there is nothing tangible to refute all of the CRAP we saw in his first 3 years.

    And, until there is...

    Marrdro wrote:
    My guess, we will see ole TJ for a rep or two (actually predicting 5) against the Cowgirls this weekend.
    Only if it's a blow out - either way.

    Caine

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    I like the kid.. Keep your head on straight and you'll get another chance.. Hopefully he can make the best out of it

    Would love to see him throw with Moss, Sid, Harvin and Shank

    Would love to see him give it his all.. Not just try to manage a game.. Cut him loose and see what he has

    First, I wanna see Brett pull this thing back for us

    Lotta babbling sorry.. Go Jackson.. Proud of ya!

  9. #19
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    V4L wrote:
    I like the kid.. Keep your head on straight and you'll get another chance.. Hopefully he can make the best out of it

    Would love to see him throw with Moss, Sid, Harvin and Shank

    Would love to see him give it his all.. Not just try to manage a game.. Cut him loose and see what he has

    First, I wanna see Brett pull this thing back for us


    Lotta babbling sorry.. Go Jackson.. Proud of ya!
    Yeah baby! That's the biggest question I have surrounding TJack. Were the coaches holding him back? Are they afraid he can't pull the trigger? What have they seen in practice that we have not that would cause them to limit him?

    Or was he holding himself back because he is not confident to go out and make the throw? It seems like he is twice the QB when he comes in off the bench than he is when he is named starter.

    Kid has a great personality and a good attitude. I too wold love to see him a successful Viking for the next 5-7 years. Obviously I'm no longer optimistic, but it would suck to see somebody put in the effort and patience he has only to walk away or get benched for Joe Webb next year.

  10. #20
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: Tarvaris Jackson: "It's not time to panic"

    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know some on here don't believe it, however, I believe we have a real NFL organization that is pretty good about getting and putting quality players on the field.

    Going on the premise that they are a real NFL organization and can really judge talent, they have kept TJ around for a reason.
    Because he was CHEAP.

    Marrdro wrote:
    For me, its because he is ready.
    And your proof of that would be.....

    Marrdro wrote:
    Did he struggle early in his career? Sure, but hell, look around the league, all of them do. Its the nature of the game.
    He struggled all through his career...not just "early". And we've already discussed this ad nauseum.

    What has Jackson SHOWN - other than the ability not to say stupid things to the media - that makes you believe he's ready to start? What has he DONE to refute all of the poor play of the past? Where is the PROOF?

    Fact is, there isn't any. There's a lot of wishful thinking, a lot of conjecture based upon a lot of "what if" scenarios...but there is nothing tangible to refute all of the CRAP we saw in his first 3 years.

    And, until there is...

    Marrdro wrote:
    My guess, we will see ole TJ for a rep or two (actually predicting 5) against the Cowgirls this weekend.
    Only if it's a blow out - either way.

    Caine
    Your hate for Jackson goes well beyond the football field... or else you wouldn't be defending Favre.

    Take it how you may, but that much is evident.
    None

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
  2. Panic is useless, time for some optimism
    By purplepat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 07:28 AM
  3. Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
  4. TARVARIS JACKSON
    By DustinDupont in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
  5. No Time to Panic - SI ARTICLE
    By bckNblck in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 11:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •