Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 128
  1. #21
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    Jackson looked terrible.
    We have no other options at quarterback.
    We have to stick with him for the rest of the year.
    I don't know if he will ever develop, but we need to find out if he can play at this level.

  2. #22
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "canvike" wrote:
    I've been reading all the comments for awhile and appreciate that we are ALL Viking fans and just want them to win!! But, If you've watched all of jackson's games t6hat he has palyed in you have to admit that he has shown nothing to warrent stating for an NFL team. We are in hight praise of 1 juke move??? Is that the critera now for success?

    i just want to klnow how long we go slong wiothy this? A whole 2 more games, three, or the rest of the season?

    We could have won that game yesterday and although it wasn't Tavaris Jackson's fault, he made basically no postive efforts to pull out a win. Anyone who says otherwise is fooliong themselves.
    let say canvike that we say.. ok that was enouf.. Yes we could have won that game and with an experienced qb we SHOULD have won that game.. but who?
    BB??

    or Holcomb?
    no.. i'd rather stick with Tjack, he's the only unkown with potential.. the rest we know where they reside i the talent pool..

    every1 yelled put tjack back in.. now what.. get him out??
    Tjack is who we have and as much as it's hard to watch his growing pains.. it's what Bchill has set for us this year.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  3. #23
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    To help out tjack we need to get are playmakers on the field, and i would like to see them all on the field at the same time... like rice, ad and taylor, those are all of are playmakers and we need to get them on the field.

    I think ad should be in the game 80% of the time maybe 90%
    I think taylor should be in around 80% of the time
    and rice should be in almost 80% of the time

    when ap is the game defenses have to account for him, so get him in the game, it will not only help us win but it will help tjack and are whole offense move the ball

    the sad thing is tjack's go to guy (bobby wade)is a 3rd reciever not a number 1 guy, and it shows how he can not get open

    we need to take more shots down the field

    and cook blocks just is good as my brother..... he is 10


  4. #24
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    To help out tjack we need to get are playmakers on the field, and i would like to see them all on the field at the same time... like rice, ad and taylor, those are all of are playmakers and we need to get them on the field.

    I think ad should be in the game 80% of the time maybe 90%
    I think taylor should be in around 80% of the time
    and rice should be in almost 80% of the time

    when ap is the game defenses have to account for him, so get him in the game, it will not only help us win but it will help tjack and are whole offense move the ball

    the sad thing is tjack's go to guy (bobby wade)is a 3rd reciever not a number 1 guy, and it shows how he can not get open

    we need to take more shots down the field

    and cook blocks just is good as my brother..... he is 10

    I disagree. W ade has been open.
    I agree they need to have their playmakers on the filed more such as AP, taylor, and Rice.
    They need to throw more to Rice so teams will start respecting the passing game.
    Wade has done a fine job this year in getting open.
    It's the QBs job to get him the ball.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    To help out tjack we need to get are playmakers on the field, and i would like to see them all on the field at the same time... like rice, ad and taylor, those are all of are playmakers and we need to get them on the field.

    I think ad should be in the game 80% of the time maybe 90%
    I think taylor should be in around 80% of the time
    and rice should be in almost 80% of the time

    when ap is the game defenses have to account for him, so get him in the game, it will not only help us win but it will help tjack and are whole offense move the ball

    the sad thing is tjack's go to guy (bobby wade)is a 3rd reciever not a number 1 guy, and it shows how he can not get open

    we need to take more shots down the field

    and cook blocks just is good as my brother..... he is 10

    I disagree. W ade has been open.
    I agree they need to have their playmakers on the filed more such as AP, taylor, and Rice.
    They need to throw more to Rice so teams will start respecting the passing game.
    Wade has done a fine job this year in getting open.
    It's the QBs job to get him the ball.
    Comes back to the OL here again my friends.
    Hate to keep harping on that.

    How many WR's can you have on the field when you need to have 2 TE's in to block as well as 1 and sometimes 2 RB/FB's?

    Sorry, I am just not gonna let this OL get a free ride in this.
    :

    No one on here (except once last week I believe) has even mentioned that our weakness is against a Zone Blitz.


    When that starts happening it all then comes down to numbers my friends.


    We keep 7 and sometimes 8 in to protect the QB that leaves only very little room for WR's on the field, which in turn by the way, creates a mismatch that plays to the defenses side of the ball.
    This not only negates the Running game but the passing game as well plus takes away the first read a young QB looks for and elimnates the opportunity to get to his second read.


    They can then cover 2 WR's trying to get open with 4 guys.
    Shorten up the CB's in press takes away the quick slant and roll the safeties over to take away the deep route.
    That my friends is why you see the much maligned QB holding the ball longer than some of you think he should be.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    On blitzes TJack panics..its just his nature its both Oline and TJacks fault

  7. #27
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    I dont think anyone hates TJ. I know I dont, even though im screaming at the top of my lungs for his head. He isnt a NFL QB atm. Period. Just because he hasnt thrown INTs the past few games doesnt mean hes doing his job.

    He has no vision. He cant hit open WRs, what makes you think if he had Harrison, TO, Whoseyourmama, Chad Johnson etc, he could complete a pass t them? Hes the most inaccurate QB ive EVER seen. Hes not just off, hes WAY off on his passes. And this hasnt been improving from game to game. He cant read Defenses, he panics, waits too long to throw etc. He doesnt do ANYTHING a good QB does.

    Its not hate. Its just knowing he isnt a nfl QB atm. He should have been given more time before being thrown in as a starter. Blame Childress if ya dont want to blame TJ. TJ should have been a backup qb for at least 3 years.

  8. #28
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    To help out tjack we need to get are playmakers on the field, and i would like to see them all on the field at the same time... like rice, ad and taylor, those are all of are playmakers and we need to get them on the field.

    I think ad should be in the game 80% of the time maybe 90%
    I think taylor should be in around 80% of the time
    and rice should be in almost 80% of the time

    when ap is the game defenses have to account for him, so get him in the game, it will not only help us win but it will help tjack and are whole offense move the ball

    the sad thing is tjack's go to guy (bobby wade)is a 3rd reciever not a number 1 guy, and it shows how he can not get open

    we need to take more shots down the field

    and cook blocks just is good as my brother..... he is 10

    I disagree. W ade has been open.
    I agree they need to have their playmakers on the filed more such as AP, taylor, and Rice.
    They need to throw more to Rice so teams will start respecting the passing game.
    Wade has done a fine job this year in getting open.
    It's the QBs job to get him the ball.
    Comes back to the OL here again my friends.
    Hate to keep harping on that.

    How many WR's can you have on the field when you need to have 2 TE's in to block as well as 1 and sometimes 2 RB/FB's?

    Sorry, I am just not gonna let this OL get a free ride in this.
    :

    No one on here (except once last week I believe) has even mentioned that our weakness is against a Zone Blitz.


    When that starts happening it all then comes down to numbers my friends.


    We keep 7 and sometimes 8 in to protect the QB that leaves only very little room for WR's on the field, which in turn by the way, creates a mismatch that plays to the defenses side of the ball.
    This not only negates the Running game but the passing game as well plus takes away the first read a young QB looks for and elimnates the opportunity to get to his second read.


    They can then cover 2 WR's trying to get open with 4 guys.
    Shorten up the CB's in press takes away the quick slant and roll the safeties over to take away the deep route.
    That my friends is why you see the much maligned QB holding the ball longer than some of you think he should be.

    Excellent post my friend!!!!!

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    To help out tjack we need to get are playmakers on the field, and i would like to see them all on the field at the same time... like rice, ad and taylor, those are all of are playmakers and we need to get them on the field.

    I think ad should be in the game 80% of the time maybe 90%
    I think taylor should be in around 80% of the time
    and rice should be in almost 80% of the time

    when ap is the game defenses have to account for him, so get him in the game, it will not only help us win but it will help tjack and are whole offense move the ball

    the sad thing is tjack's go to guy (bobby wade)is a 3rd reciever not a number 1 guy, and it shows how he can not get open

    we need to take more shots down the field

    and cook blocks just is good as my brother..... he is 10

    I disagree. W ade has been open.
    I agree they need to have their playmakers on the filed more such as AP, taylor, and Rice.
    They need to throw more to Rice so teams will start respecting the passing game.
    Wade has done a fine job this year in getting open.
    It's the QBs job to get him the ball.
    Comes back to the OL here again my friends.
    Hate to keep harping on that.

    How many WR's can you have on the field when you need to have 2 TE's in to block as well as 1 and sometimes 2 RB/FB's?

    Sorry, I am just not gonna let this OL get a free ride in this.
    :

    No one on here (except once last week I believe) has even mentioned that our weakness is against a Zone Blitz.


    When that starts happening it all then comes down to numbers my friends.


    We keep 7 and sometimes 8 in to protect the QB that leaves only very little room for WR's on the field, which in turn by the way, creates a mismatch that plays to the defenses side of the ball.
    This not only negates the Running game but the passing game as well plus takes away the first read a young QB looks for and elimnates the opportunity to get to his second read.


    They can then cover 2 WR's trying to get open with 4 guys.
    Shorten up the CB's in press takes away the quick slant and roll the safeties over to take away the deep route.
    That my friends is why you see the much maligned QB holding the ball longer than some of you think he should be.

    Excellent post my friend!!!!!
    Thanks.
    I can't explain it any better than that, short of drawing pictures of X's and O's and posting them for some on here to understand basic things like this about the line play.

    Come to think of it, that effort to explain would probably be wasted on most as well.

    Ahhhh, the joys and limitations of talking football with your fingers instead of over a few beers.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    goldseedlbg's Avatar
    goldseedlbg is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    23

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    I agree. Our Oline has been terrible all season. We have the WORST bookend tackles in the league. Mckinnie gets beet almost on every play. Don't even get me started on how horrible Cook is. Jackson is not playing well at all, but he is getting better with protecting the football. In his first four games he had what 9ints. In his last two games, he has not turned the ball over. That is improvement. Would i like him to have more accurancy? YES!!! His WR's have drop alot of catchable balls. HIs offensive line is OFFENSIVE. His coach is an idoit,moron, and a jerk. We need our best player to touch the ball then 13 TIMES on 14 att's. We put MeMO back in as our punt returner. Wade is garbage as a punt returner and wide out.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
  2. Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
  3. Tarvaris Jackson
    By VIKINAT0R in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  4. TARVARIS JACKSON
    By DustinDupont in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
  5. Tarvaris Jackson jersey
    By boognish in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •