Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

I don't hate the QB, I hate losing. When the starting QB has 6 completions and a QB rating under 50 in a loss, then that position gets some negative attention. Last week the performance was also underwhelming,but AP had a franchise record so the QB position didn't get as much scrutiny for it's performance.

Do I ever think TJ or Childress will pan out? I can't say for sure but I lean towards no. My reasoning lies in opening drives. Since Childress took over the team has consistently scored on their opening drives,even when they were incapable of moving the ball the rest of the game.That tells me they have the talent to score and the ability to call a successful series. The problem is they do not have what it takes to do that on a consistent basis week to week.

I don't know what the solution is. I know that they are trying to adjust more than they used to, but those adjustments are not working for us. Since we have the talent to score on opening drives I do not buy into the fact that we do not have the talent. We may lack the depth to rotate players and we may not have the individual position coaches who can give the players the direction they need as the game goes by.

I am not paid to fix the problems, that is for the team management, My job is to cheer when they win and bitch when they lose.
    So far I have done my job very well for over 35 years.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"canvike" wrote:
    I've been reading all the comments for awhile and appreciate that we are ALL Viking fans and just want them to win!! But, If you've watched all of jackson's games t6hat he has palyed in you have to admit that he has shown nothing to warrent stating for an NFL team. We are in hight praise of 1 juke move??? Is that the critera now for success?

i just want to klnow how long we go slong wiothy this? A whole 2 more games, three, or the rest of the season?

We could have won that game yesterday and although it wasn't Tavaris Jackson's fault, he made basically no postive efforts to pull out a win. Anyone who says otherwise is fooliong themselves.
    I think Tarvaris should start every game for the rest of the season.
    As Caine writes, however, I do so wish that he were showing more obvious progress.
    He's still throwing the slants too hard, the deep out w/out much accuracy, standing in the pocket too long, etc.

The ONLY long-term solution the Vikings possibly have at QB on their roster is Tarvaris Jackson.
    That alone means he should keep playing.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

My job is to cheer when they win and bitch when they lose.
    So far I have done my job very well for over 35 years.
    That's a lot of bitching!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

While I can't agree more Zeus regarding TJ being the only future on the roster, I am starting to disagree with him actually being the future.
    He isn't getting it.
    I know it's only been 7 games but that is almost 1/2 season.
    Let's not forget playing time vs the Jets and Bears.

I'm usually pretty patient but at this point I am losing my patience.
    I know he's not the total blame here but he is a mjor part of it.
    I believe they are a team that can compete with the best of them.
    Honestly, if it weren't for QB play, they could be at least 5-1 right now.
    It's great to give someone a chance when you are rebuilding.
    Unfortunately, they may lose their window of opportunity if this kid continues playing at this level.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    While I can't agree more Zeus regarding TJ being the only future on the roster, I am starting to disagree with him actually being the future.
    He isn't getting it.
    It's only 4 games this year.
    I'm not real excited about the way he's playing - but game-time and hard work during film and practice are going to be the only ways to find out if he is the future.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"ejmat" wrote:

7? I thought it was 6. Am I missing one? He's started 4 regular season games this year (missed 2) & started 2 last year.

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

7? I thought it was 6. Am I missing one? He's started 4 regular season games this year (missed 2) & started 2 last year.
    yes you are correct with it being 6.
    That's what I get for not proof readiong my post.
    It's early Monday morning and I had a tough weekend (watching the game) LOL.
    I can't blame it on the coffee thing because I have had that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A hater, no way.
    I don't hate on any of the players.
    Heck even Fergy is starting to win me over a bit.
    ;D

Have I seen enough Progress?
    No but there has been a few signs.

When he was running around for his life he didn't try to force the ball like he did during the Lions game.

When the pocket (When they even bothered to establish one) collapsed he did show a couple of times that he had escapability.
    Still a bit hesitant thought to pull it down and get the heck out of dodge.

He puts the ball were no one else can catch.
    Probably a bit to far out (Sideline Pass to T-will and out pattern to Fergy).
    He needs to quit trying to be so precise.

Does he hold the ball to long?
    Yes, I guess you can say that, however, I attribute that to two things 1) He is just trying to make a play and hoping that a WR will get open enough/present a target.
    2) He doesn't want to force the ball into close coverages.
    Both instances can be attributed to his inexperience (Not seeing the play developing (1) and not trusting his accuracy (2).

One thing I did see yesterday that I have been waiting patiently for was for him to show some sign of fire and possibly the assumption of his role as the leader.
    I saw that yesterday albeit a bit sketchy. He actually had the balls to discuss an issue with the HC and tried to put a Vet WR in his place.
    I think he was wrong and the HC was right in the first instance and B-wade should keep his damn mouth shut and display some of his Veteran leadership in the second instance.

Anyone else notice that TJ didn't appear to even look at B-wade the rest of the game?

Anyway, I anticipated highs and lows, and prayed for more highs than lows, unfortunately the lows have it right now.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    A hater, no way.

;D

When he was running around for his life he didn't try to force the ball like he did during the Lions game.

When the pocket (When they even bothered to establish one) collapsed he did show a couple of times that he had escapability.

Yes, I guess you can say that, however, I attribute that to two things 1) He is just trying to make a play and hoping that a WR will get open enough/present a target.
    Both instances can be attributed to his inexperience (Not seeing the play developing (1) and not trusting his accuracy (2).

One thing I did see yesterday that I have been waiting patiently for was for him to show some sign of fire and possibly the assumption of his role as the leader.
    I saw that yesterday albeit a bit sketchy. He actually had the balls to discuss an issue with the HC and tried to put a Vet WR in his place.
    I think he was wrong and the HC was right in the first instance and B-wade should keep his damn mouth shut and display some of his Veteran leadership in the second instance.

Anyone else notice that TJ didn't appear to even look at B-wade the rest of the game?

Anyway, I anticipated highs and lows, and prayed for more highs than lows, unfortunately the lows have it right now.

:
    I see that as a problem.
    You have a veteran guy trying to explain something to you.
    I know in the heat of the moment you don't want to listen but not looking his way the rest of the game doesn't mean he's progressing.
    He should be able to get it off his chest and prove to the WR he can get him the ball.
    Then he could "start talking".
    JMO on this scenerio.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    A hater, no way.

;D

:
    [size=13pt]Odds and ends[/size]

[size=13pt]Jackson involved in pair of 'talks'[/size]

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast