Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 128 of 128
  1. #121
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    A lot of people say how tight TJ and Chilress are yet In his press conf on Monday BC said he didnt know when TJ got hurt, Im wondering if he got hurt late in the game and just didnt tell anyone, or was he hurt and afraid to tell, surely not
    Either way it seems the Qb and coach arent as tight as I once thought...

  2. #122
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=39003.msg660709#msg660709 date=1193176802]
    [quote author=PurpleGator link=topic=39003.msg660705#msg660705 date=1193176499]
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=39003.msg659209#msg659209 date=1193037195]
    Don't fortget to mention the fact that our Defense gave up two TD's, we constintly remove Peterson from the field on 3rd down situations, we got Troy Williamson returning kicks while Mewelde Moore rides the bench with Sidney Rice sitting right next to him. Bobby Wade wants to yell at Tarvaris while he can't even do his own job, catch punts, he'd rather watch them role 25 yards backward giving our offense a long field. Cook and Herrera's inexperience was a glaring weekness, Cook has had problems with false starts while Herrera missed a couple opportunities to open things up for Peterson. Our specail teams aloud Dallas to block a FG that would have most likely put us up 3 instead of down 7. We dropped two catchable footballs on 3rd down situations that would have kept drives going and Brad Childress likes to waste his challenges/timeouts on obvious TD's.

    Yet general population wants to point fingers directly at Jackson witch is expected of fans jumping the gun. Provided he was inacurate and indecisive he's got about as much confidence in our WR's as our fans do. Put yourself in his shoes, his WR's have been dropping his passes since he was brought in the league. The Oline did better but we also used the TE's in pass blocking taking an option away from Tarvaris, he played a good defense today and it showed. He did not turn the ball over and untill he does that he will continue to have his growing pains and remain the starter. I've expected these things from Tarvaris and i thought other fans did too. Fact is Jackson's not ready to carry the team on his back. Maybe one day but not this early in his carear.

    We did enough to self destruct in that game and i'm not going to point the finger straight at Tarvaris theres plenty to go around and i think the team knows that. I think we rebound against phili while both lines continue to play well and our defense makes some plays. Ziggy told reporters we are building for the long run and i expect to see our young football players continue to gain experience.
    I disagree, T-Jack is just not a good QB.
    He doesn't do a think to prove anybody wrong.
    He has a weak arm, no accuracy, doesn't understand the plays, can't read defenses, and blames other people for his mistakes.
    Last game he got in it with Wade and Chilly.
    There is no excuse for that.
    Your coach may be an idiot but don't argue with him on the sidelines.


    So you say he isn't a good QB now.
    What about in the future?
    :

    What if he had a group of aged Vet (sneaky and willey) WR's who he trusted to catch the ball every time he did get it in thier hands.

    What if he had a OL that could/would give him time to make reads (all young guys need a bit more time) as well as a pocket that wasn't as small as free frow lane on a baseketball court.

    What if the OL gave him open passing lanes instead of being pushed into those very passing lanes they are supposed to be making?
    To many what ifs imo ;D

    What if the Vikings had won every super bowl in history, then we wouldn't have to worry about anything except if we were going to win the next one lol.
    ;D

    It is too many what ifs.
    I am stating the facts.
    He won't be a good QB next week, next year, or in 100 years.
    The only rating he might beat is Ryan Leafs QB rating.
    You must be a great judge of talent, to know 10 games into a qb career that he sucks. This was from another thread earlier, if it was left up to you all these guys probably would have been out of the league before they showed there greatness.
    John Elway
    First 11 games, 7 TDs, 14 INTs

    Roger Staubach
    First 14 games, 3 TDs, 10 INTs

    Steve Young
    First 19 games, 11 TDs, 21 INTs

    Bart Starr
    First 33 games, 13 TDs, 25 INTs

    Troy Aikman
    First 26 games, 20 TDs, 36 INTs

    Terry Bradshaw
    First 27 games, 19 TDs, 46 INTs

    Sammy Baugh
    First 20 games, 13 TDs, 25 INTs

    Dan Fouts
    First 21 games, 14 TDs, 26 INTs

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=39027.0
    [/quote]

    I hate stats like that, they are totally useless because those QB's were generally brought in when the franchise had bottomed out and was lacking in talent,which was not the case here.

    [/quote]

    Sure, there is/was talent here, but keep in mind, each & everyone of those talented veterans had not only all new coaches & trainers thrown at them last year whose teaching methods may be a lot different than their predecessors, but they all had to learn a new playbook, new schemes & be able to execute them.

    Granted, they are veterans, but there is a learning curve involved, even for veterans. Basically, Childress was starting from scratch with the exeption of having some talented veterans to start with.

    I would have figured though, that the O-Line would have grasped the new scheme by now.
    [/quote]

    100% agreed Singer.
    I was only pointing out that it's difficult to recruit so to speak if the QB is only completing 6 passes in a game unless you are winning those games anyway.

  3. #123
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, or maybe they have. What is the most important stat for a qb?
    Answer: Wins and Losses
    Tjacks record in this his first meaningful season is- 2-2. 500. Not bad for a rookie.
    Wow.
    I hadn't even thought of it like that.
    Good point.
    Especially when one of those losses is an OT loss...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #124
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, or maybe they have. What is the most important stat for a qb?
    Answer: Wins and Losses
    Tjacks record in this his first meaningful season is- 2-2. 500. Not bad for a rookie.
    Wow.
    I hadn't even thought of it like that.
    Good point.
    Especially when one of those losses is an OT loss...
    Actually I brought it up last week when he was 2-1 this year.
    In fact he wasn't the one that lost against Detroit although he did start.
    That was BB fumblin and bumblin.
    He still had 4 INTs that game.
    Since that statement I have turned the corner and now believe we need someone else in there.
    we let it go in Atlanta.
    We let it go against the Bears (though I believe he did better than his stats show for that game).
    The reason why we let it go is we won those games.
    You can't let Detroit go because he threw 4 INTs.
    Ths past game against Dallas I can't let go because he just plain looked horrible in every aspect.
    Again, if we had any QB that was an accurate thrower, I believe we could be at very least 4-2 right now.
    Maybe even better.
    That's why I would rather not sit through the "growing pains" right now.
    Unfortunately, there's not much of a choice here (unless we were able to trade or claim) but if there were I would hope the organization goes with it.


  5. #125
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, or maybe they have. What is the most important stat for a qb?
    Answer: Wins and Losses
    Tjacks record in this his first meaningful season is- 2-2. 500. Not bad for a rookie.
    Wow.
    I hadn't even thought of it like that.
    Good point.
    Especially when one of those losses is an OT loss...
    Actually I brought it up last week when he was 2-1 this year.
    In fact he wasn't the one that lost against Detroit although he did start.
    That was BB fumblin and bumblin.
    He still had 4 INTs that game.
    Since that statement I have turned the corner and now believe we need someone else in there.
    we let it go in Atlanta.
    We let it go against the Bears (though I believe he did better than his stats show for that game).
    The reason why we let it go is we won those games.
    You can't let Detroit go because he threw 4 INTs.
    Ths past game against Dallas I can't let go because he just plain looked horrible in every aspect.
    Again, if we had any QB that was an accurate thrower, I believe we could be at very least 4-2 right now.
    Maybe even better.
    That's why I would rather not sit through the "growing pains" right now.
    Unfortunately, there's not much of a choice here (unless we were able to trade or claim) but if there were I would hope the organization goes with it.

    So why you b*tching? Holcomb is 0-2 as the starter he hasn't won any games, is that who you want the QB to be? And if we had won the Dallas game(Very possible) everybody would be silent.

    Yeah I know, how many turnovers did he have?

    Don't forget a team who continues to self destruct regardless of QB play.

    I say we re-group focus on the Eagles and go with the healthy QB, Tarvaris being the starter.

  6. #126
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, or maybe they have. What is the most important stat for a qb?
    Answer: Wins and Losses
    Tjacks record in this his first meaningful season is- 2-2. 500. Not bad for a rookie.
    Wow.
    I hadn't even thought of it like that.
    Good point.
    Especially when one of those losses is an OT loss...
    Actually I brought it up last week when he was 2-1 this year.
    In fact he wasn't the one that lost against Detroit although he did start.
    That was BB fumblin and bumblin.
    He still had 4 INTs that game.
    Since that statement I have turned the corner and now believe we need someone else in there.
    we let it go in Atlanta.
    We let it go against the Bears (though I believe he did better than his stats show for that game).
    The reason why we let it go is we won those games.
    You can't let Detroit go because he threw 4 INTs.
    Ths past game against Dallas I can't let go because he just plain looked horrible in every aspect.
    Again, if we had any QB that was an accurate thrower, I believe we could be at very least 4-2 right now.
    Maybe even better.
    That's why I would rather not sit through the "growing pains" right now.
    Unfortunately, there's not much of a choice here (unless we were able to trade or claim) but if there were I would hope the organization goes with it.

    So why you b*tching? Holcomb is 0-2 as the starter he hasn't won any games, is that who you want the QB to be? And if we had won the Dallas game(Very possible) everybody would be silent.

    Yeah I know, how many turnovers did he have?

    Don't forget a team who continues to self destruct regardless of QB play.

    I say we re-group focus on the Eagles and go with the healthy QB, Tarvaris being the starter.
    I'm not sure why you are accusing me of bitching.
    I am stating my outlook on the QB situation.
    I'm wondering if you read all my posts.
    Not once did I say KH should be the starter.
    In fact, I even stated a few times that if we had won the games we could have, none of this would even be an issue.
    What I have said is this team can compete right now.
    Uusally when you have a raw QB being a "work in progress" it is with a rebuilding team.
    This team is not in the rebuilding phase after watching all the games.
    they can compete with anyone in the league.
    However, with a young QB such as TJ, to me they are wasting this season when the players are there already.
    My point overall (and I'm not blaming anyone because it is easy to second guess now) is if we had a half way decent QB with this team there is a great chance the team would be at least 4-2 if not better.

    You are correct that at this point there's not a lot we can do about it.
    You are also correct in that they need to re-group and focus on the Eagles.
    Its not bitching.
    It's stating my opinion.

  7. #127
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, or maybe they have. What is the most important stat for a qb?
    Answer: Wins and Losses
    Tjacks record in this his first meaningful season is- 2-2. 500. Not bad for a rookie.
    Wow.
    I hadn't even thought of it like that.
    Good point.
    Especially when one of those losses is an OT loss...
    Actually I brought it up last week when he was 2-1 this year.
    In fact he wasn't the one that lost against Detroit although he did start.
    That was BB fumblin and bumblin.
    He still had 4 INTs that game.
    Since that statement I have turned the corner and now believe we need someone else in there.
    we let it go in Atlanta.
    We let it go against the Bears (though I believe he did better than his stats show for that game).
    The reason why we let it go is we won those games.
    You can't let Detroit go because he threw 4 INTs.
    Ths past game against Dallas I can't let go because he just plain looked horrible in every aspect.
    Again, if we had any QB that was an accurate thrower, I believe we could be at very least 4-2 right now.
    Maybe even better.
    That's why I would rather not sit through the "growing pains" right now.
    Unfortunately, there's not much of a choice here (unless we were able to trade or claim) but if there were I would hope the organization goes with it.

    So why you b*tching? Holcomb is 0-2 as the starter he hasn't won any games, is that who you want the QB to be? And if we had won the Dallas game(Very possible) everybody would be silent.

    Yeah I know, how many turnovers did he have?

    Don't forget a team who continues to self destruct regardless of QB play.

    I say we re-group focus on the Eagles and go with the healthy QB, Tarvaris being the starter.
    I'm not sure why you are accusing me of bitching.
    I am stating my outlook on the QB situation.
    I'm wondering if you read all my posts.
    Not once did I say KH should be the starter.
    In fact, I even stated a few times that if we had won the games we could have, none of this would even be an issue.
    What I have said is this team can compete right now.
    Uusally when you have a raw QB being a "work in progress" it is with a rebuilding team.
    This team is not in the rebuilding phase after watching all the games.
    they can compete with anyone in the league.
    However, with a young QB such as TJ, to me they are wasting this season when the players are there already.
    My point overall (and I'm not blaming anyone because it is easy to second guess now) is if we had a half way decent QB with this team there is a great chance the team would be at least 4-2 if not better.

    You are correct that at this point there's not a lot we can do about it.
    You are also correct in that they need to re-group and focus on the Eagles.
    Its not bitching.
    It's stating my opinion.
    we need wide outs that can get open... jackson is 2-2 holcomb 0-2
    and even holcomb the vet looked confused like where should i throw the ball, and he took a lot of sacks cuz he couldnt find anyone down field

  8. #128
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    []

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Similar Threads

  1. Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
  2. Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
  3. Tarvaris Jackson
    By VIKINAT0R in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  4. TARVARIS JACKSON
    By DustinDupont in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
  5. Tarvaris Jackson jersey
    By boognish in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •