Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    tdunc is offline Rookie

Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

i play quarterback for my high school JV team..
    and i tried thowing without my thowing hand index finger.

its definately not easy.
    not saying thats why his passes were so inaccurate cause he was inaccurate before. but it did hurt him enough to make his accuracy worse

VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie

heh, yah that comment about him having a weak arm made me laugh, haha.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

We all knew it would be painful to watch TJack play QB at times this season.
    A lot of us seem like we really weren't all that ready for how bad his play really would be.
    Young didn't start of by getting a lot of yards and TD's last year either.

We can all hope for a turnaround by next week, or we can chalk this season up as a learning experience, which is more realistic.
    If we draft a QB high next season, then this season was a waste and that is also frustrating.
    It is hard to defend the QB position as a Vikings fan right now, but I believe we are doing the best with what we have, and if things don't work out this season, Childress is not dense enough to neglect reevaluating the QB postition.

I'm one of what seems to be the minority that is still holding out hope for TJack, but if he is not leading us to some wins late in the season, then I will be rooting for a high first round QB pick this April
    :-\.
    Let's get it done on the field TJack!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=39003.msg659209#msg659209 date=1193037195]
    Don't fortget to mention the fact that our Defense gave up two TD's, we constintly remove Peterson from the field on 3rd down situations, we got Troy Williamson returning kicks while Mewelde Moore rides the bench with Sidney Rice sitting right next to him. Bobby Wade wants to yell at Tarvaris while he can't even do his own job, catch punts, he'd rather watch them role 25 yards backward giving our offense a long field. Cook and Herrera's inexperience was a glaring weekness, Cook has had problems with false starts while Herrera missed a couple opportunities to open things up for Peterson. Our specail teams aloud Dallas to block a FG that would have most likely put us up 3 instead of down 7. We dropped two catchable footballs on 3rd down situations that would have kept drives going and Brad Childress likes to waste his challenges/timeouts on obvious TD's.

Yet general population wants to point fingers directly at Jackson witch is expected of fans jumping the gun. Provided he was inacurate and indecisive he's got about as much confidence in our WR's as our fans do. Put yourself in his shoes, his WR's have been dropping his passes since he was brought in the league. The Oline did better but we also used the TE's in pass blocking taking an option away from Tarvaris, he played a good defense today and it showed. He did not turn the ball over and untill he does that he will continue to have his growing pains and remain the starter. I've expected these things from Tarvaris and i thought other fans did too. Fact is Jackson's not ready to carry the team on his back. Maybe one day but not this early in his carear.

We did enough to self destruct in that game and i'm not going to point the finger straight at Tarvaris theres plenty to go around and i think the team knows that. I think we rebound against phili while both lines continue to play well and our defense makes some plays. Ziggy told reporters we are building for the long run and i expect to see our young football players continue to gain experience.
    I disagree, T-Jack is just not a good QB.
    He doesn't do a think to prove anybody wrong.
    He has a weak arm, no accuracy, doesn't understand the plays, can't read defenses, and blames other people for his mistakes.
    Last game he got in it with Wade and Chilly.
    There is no excuse for that.
    Your coach may be an idiot but don't argue with him on the sidelines.

So you say he isn't a good QB now.
    What about in the future?
    :

What if he had a group of aged Vet (sneaky and willey) WR's who he trusted to catch the ball every time he did get it in thier hands.

What if he had a OL that could/would give him time to make reads (all young guys need a bit more time) as well as a pocket that wasn't as small as free frow lane on a baseketball court.

What if the OL gave him open passing lanes instead of being pushed into those very passing lanes they are supposed to be making?
    To many what ifs imo ;D

What if the Vikings had won every super bowl in history, then we wouldn't have to worry about anything except if we were going to win the next one lol.
    ;D

It is too many what ifs.
    I am stating the facts.
    He won't be a good QB next week, next year, or in 100 years.
    The only rating he might beat is Ryan Leafs QB rating.
    You must be a great judge of talent, to know 10 games into a qb career that he sucks. This was from another thread earlier, if it was left up to you all these guys probably would have been out of the league before they showed there greatness.
    John Elway
    First 11 games, 7 TDs, 14 INTs

Roger Staubach
    First 14 games, 3 TDs, 10 INTs

Steve Young
    First 19 games, 11 TDs, 21 INTs

Bart Starr
    First 33 games, 13 TDs, 25 INTs

Troy Aikman
    First 26 games, 20 TDs, 36 INTs

Terry Bradshaw
    First 27 games, 19 TDs, 46 INTs

Sammy Baugh
    First 20 games, 13 TDs, 25 INTs

Dan Fouts
    First 21 games, 14 TDs, 26 INTs

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=39027.0
    [/quote]

I hate stats like that, they are totally useless because those QB's were generally brought in when the franchise had bottomed out and was lacking in talent,which was not the case here.

In the future when you post that rubbish, include the quote by their coach where he says" There is no shortage of talent here and we can win right away" That will help put things into perspective

Besides that, no qb on that list besides Aikman started his career withing the last two decades and he is knocking on the door.
    ;D

Put Rothlisberger, Vince Young, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Gino Torretta, Tim Couch and Todd Marinovich's stats in there too while you are at it for some fair and balanced stats ;D ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

It is too many what ifs.
    I am stating the facts.

I think you are making assumptions or stating an opinion but not stating facts.

Sometimes opinions can be missunderstood as facts, such as:

a.
    Most experts say he is a very green/raw QB with minimal experience at the collegiat level.
    b.
    Most experts say because of this alone makes him way behind the power curve to start as a NFL career.
    c.
    Most experts say he should be sitting on the bench vice starting.
    d.
    Most experts say it will probably be at least 2 more years before he is going to be consistently effective as a QB.

It is a fact that experts have made those statements, yet they are still thier opinions based on what they have witnessed as other young QB's are developed.

I for ne think it is a fact that he is very raw, came from a college not know for producing NFL level QBs, that didn't really run a progarm conducive to developing a NFL ready QB and that he should be on the bench if in fact he hasn't developed enough during the offseason, OTA's and spring training.

Unfortunately, I am not sure we have a better option at this time.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=PurpleGator link=topic=39003.msg660705#msg660705 date=1193176499]
    Don't fortget to mention the fact that our Defense gave up two TD's, we constintly remove Peterson from the field on 3rd down situations, we got Troy Williamson returning kicks while Mewelde Moore rides the bench with Sidney Rice sitting right next to him. Bobby Wade wants to yell at Tarvaris while he can't even do his own job, catch punts, he'd rather watch them role 25 yards backward giving our offense a long field. Cook and Herrera's inexperience was a glaring weekness, Cook has had problems with false starts while Herrera missed a couple opportunities to open things up for Peterson. Our specail teams aloud Dallas to block a FG that would have most likely put us up 3 instead of down 7. We dropped two catchable footballs on 3rd down situations that would have kept drives going and Brad Childress likes to waste his challenges/timeouts on obvious TD's.

Yet general population wants to point fingers directly at Jackson witch is expected of fans jumping the gun. Provided he was inacurate and indecisive he's got about as much confidence in our WR's as our fans do. Put yourself in his shoes, his WR's have been dropping his passes since he was brought in the league. The Oline did better but we also used the TE's in pass blocking taking an option away from Tarvaris, he played a good defense today and it showed. He did not turn the ball over and untill he does that he will continue to have his growing pains and remain the starter. I've expected these things from Tarvaris and i thought other fans did too. Fact is Jackson's not ready to carry the team on his back. Maybe one day but not this early in his carear.

We did enough to self destruct in that game and i'm not going to point the finger straight at Tarvaris theres plenty to go around and i think the team knows that. I think we rebound against phili while both lines continue to play well and our defense makes some plays. Ziggy told reporters we are building for the long run and i expect to see our young football players continue to gain experience.
    He has a weak arm, no accuracy, doesn't understand the plays, can't read defenses, and blames other people for his mistakes.

:

What if he had a group of aged Vet (sneaky and willey) WR's who he trusted to catch the ball every time he did get it in thier hands.

What if he had a OL that could/would give him time to make reads (all young guys need a bit more time) as well as a pocket that wasn't as small as free frow lane on a baseketball court.

What if the OL gave him open passing lanes instead of being pushed into those very passing lanes they are supposed to be making?
    To many what ifs imo ;D

What if the Vikings had won every super bowl in history, then we wouldn't have to worry about anything except if we were going to win the next one lol.
    ;D

It is too many what ifs.
    I am stating the facts.
    You must be a great judge of talent, to know 10 games into a qb career that he sucks. This was from another thread earlier, if it was left up to you all these guys probably would have been out of the league before they showed there greatness.
    John Elway

Roger Staubach

Steve Young

Bart Starr

Troy Aikman

Terry Bradshaw

Sammy Baugh

Dan Fouts

[/quote]

I hate stats like that, they are totally useless because those QB's were generally brought in when the franchise had bottomed out and was lacking in talent,which was not the case here.

In the future when you post that rubbish, include the quote by their coach where he says" There is no shortage of talent here and we can win right away" That will help put things into perspective

Besides that, no qb on that list besides Aikman started his career withing the last two decades and he is knocking on the door.
    ;D

Put Rothlisberger, Vince Young, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Gino Torretta, Tim Couch and Todd Marinovich's stats in there too while you are at it for some fair and balanced stats ;D ;D
    [/quote]
    The coach is not going to come out and say that the team has no chance, but we are definetly near the bottom(7th worst in 06) and rebuilding. The team is definetly lacking talent in the recieving group.

Obviously starting out poorly does not guarantee a qb will be good, but it also doesn't guarantee they will be bad, you just don't know.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    It is too many what ifs.
    I am stating the facts.

I think you are making assumptions or stating an opinion but not stating facts.

Sometimes opinions can be missunderstood as facts, such as:

a.
    Most experts say he is a very green/raw QB with minimal experience at the collegiat level.
    b.
    Most experts say because of this alone makes him way behind the power curve to start as a NFL career.
    c.
    Most experts say he should be sitting on the bench vice starting.
    d.
    Most experts say it will probably be at least 2 more years before he is going to be consistently effective as a QB.

It is a fact that experts have made those statements, yet they are still thier opinions based on what they have witnessed as other young QB's are developed.

I for ne think it is a fact that he is very raw, came from a college not know for producing NFL level QBs, that didn't really run a progarm conducive to developing a NFL ready QB and that he should be on the bench if in fact he hasn't developed enough during the offseason, OTA's and spring training.

Unfortunately, I am not sure we have a better option at this time.
    ;D

Back in the 70's Steve Martin had a bit in his act where he talked about his coaching and that he liked to punt on first down. That is food for thought lol ;D

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:

:

To many what ifs imo ;D

;D

It is too many what ifs.
    I am stating the facts.
    John Elway

Roger Staubach

Steve Young

Bart Starr

Troy Aikman

Terry Bradshaw

Sammy Baugh

Dan Fouts

[/quote]

You know what, your right its worth it.

Lets just throw the entire season away and let him start every game.

After the season is over, I can show you how right I was. The Vikings will be 3-13.
    We can than use our #4 pick and draft a real QB.

After that entire T-Jack project will be over.

This kid has no hope to be an NFL QB.

Please tell me what you are seeing and what I am not.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Real lame gator.

If Tarvaris continues to play we will definitly win more than one more game, its more than just about one person and if he continues to protect the football it will keep us in many many games with our good running game, specail teams and Defense. Plus we have six home games left.

Saying he has no hope is a little off the wall. He's got the obvious pysical tools so that gives him some hope. The rest is up stairs, time, coaching and work ethic will decide the rest.

Keep slamming the Hatorade your doin great.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Real lame gator.

If Tarvaris continues to play we will definitly win more than one more game, its more than just about one person and if he continues to protect the football it will keep us in many many games with our good running game, specail teams and Defense. Plus we have six home games left.

Saying he has no hope is a little off the wall. He's got the obvious pysical tools so that gives him some hope. The rest is up stairs, time, coaching and work ethic will decide the rest.
    Keep slamming the Hatorade your doin great.

great post... he has the tools just give him time

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast