Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 128
  1. #1
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    Don't fortget to mention the fact that our Defense gave up two TD's, we constintly remove Peterson from the field on 3rd down situations, we got Troy Williamson returning kicks while Mewelde Moore rides the bench with Sidney Rice sitting right next to him. Bobby Wade wants to yell at Tarvaris while he can't even do his own job, catch punts, he'd rather watch them role 25 yards backward giving our offense a long field. Cook and Herrera's inexperience was a glaring weekness, Cook has had problems with false starts while Herrera missed a couple opportunities to open things up for Peterson. Our specail teams aloud Dallas to block a FG that would have most likely put us up 3 instead of down 7. We dropped two catchable footballs on 3rd down situations that would have kept drives going and Brad Childress likes to waste his challenges/timeouts on obvious TD's.

    Yet general population wants to point fingers directly at Jackson witch is expected of fans jumping the gun. Provided he was inacurate and indecisive he's got about as much confidence in our WR's as our fans do. Put yourself in his shoes, his WR's have been dropping his passes since he was brought in the league. The Oline did better but we also used the TE's in pass blocking taking an option away from Tarvaris, he played a good defense today and it showed. He did not turn the ball over and untill he does that he will continue to have his growing pains and remain the starter. I've expected these things from Tarvaris and i thought other fans did too. Fact is Jackson's not ready to carry the team on his back. Maybe one day but not this early in his carear.

    We did enough to self destruct in that game and i'm not going to point the finger straight at Tarvaris theres plenty to go around and i think the team knows that. I think we rebound against phili while both lines continue to play well and our defense makes some plays. Ziggy told reporters we are building for the long run and i expect to see our young football players continue to gain experience.

  2. #2
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    I agree with most of what you said

    By The Way
    What happen with the whole wade screaming at jackson thing? i didnt watch the whole game

  3. #3
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    I agree, with you Vikingstw. TJ ain't gonna pack the team on his back. Matter of fact, even AP can't do that...course he doesn't the get ball a lot of the time...but anyway....

    No rookie, with Brad's KAO is gonna go out and own on his first round with a 3-4. Nor a vetern, BJ last year, Holcombe this year. Its just a tough row to hoe there. No matter who is in.

  4. #4
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    On the flip side of that same coin, Jackson has done nothing to show he's improved.
    Sure, the blame game has plenty of targets after this weeks game - as it has all season - but just because everyone else screwed the pooch doesn't give Jackson (another) bye on blame.

    Regardless of how young he may be or what school he went to, he was drafted in the 2nd round last season.
    At this point, most fans are expecting to see certain elements develop, especially considering his draft spot.
    Poise, pocket presence, accuracy, the ability to take control of the offense.


    Instead, Jackson has become a non-entity along with our passing game, and everyone's focus has shifted completely to Adrian Peterson.
    No one considers him a threat, no one believes he can move the offense, and every time he's been given the opportunity to do so, it gets bungled.

    So, while it might not be ALL his fault - and it certainly isn't - he's also not blameless.
    If he really wants to be the "QB of the Future", he needs to step up.
    Until he does, he's going to keep geting hammered...by fans and opponents.

    Caine


  5. #5
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "Caine" wrote:
    On the flip side of that same coin, Jackson has done nothing to show he's improved.
    Sure, the blame game has plenty of targets after this weeks game - as it has all season - but just because everyone else screwed the pooch doesn't give Jackson (another) bye on blame.

    Regardless of how young he may be or what school he went to, he was drafted in the 2nd round last season.
    At this point, most fans are expecting to see certain elements develop, especially considering his draft spot.
    Poise, pocket presence, accuracy, the ability to take control of the offense.


    Instead, Jackson has become a non-entity along with our passing game, and everyone's focus has shifted completely to Adrian Peterson.
    No one considers him a threat, no one believes he can move the offense, and every time he's been given the opportunity to do so, it gets bungled.

    So, while it might not be ALL his fault - and it certainly isn't - he's also not blameless.
    If he really wants to be the "QB of the Future", he needs to step up.
    Until he does, he's going to keep geting hammered...by fans and opponents.

    Caine
    no1 is saying he is without blame.. but Caine.. how many turnovers did he commit?


    didn't Tjack make a great juke on the dallas D and get a first down?


    ok the kids growing .. we know that.. he's young and will make young qb mistakes.. we know that..
    what we don't know is his full potential.. he wasn't groomed like say.. other recent drafted qb's.. but he's being molded now..
    i expect to see Tjack take his reps.. take his knocks, get back up and make some plays.

    he had nice pass's to wade and twill.. and some lofted bad toss's.. also your going against one of the BEST D's in the league!!

    do i think he's without blame.. no.. but can i see improvement yes!
    and can i give him time to develop.. YES

    if the whole bchill era ends.. and tjack g4tes demoted to beer vender.. i'll eat all the crow u want.. till then. .I SUPPORT the kid!!!

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  6. #6
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "digital420" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    On the flip side of that same coin, Jackson has done nothing to show he's improved.
    Sure, the blame game has plenty of targets after this weeks game - as it has all season - but just because everyone else screwed the pooch doesn't give Jackson (another) bye on blame.

    Regardless of how young he may be or what school he went to, he was drafted in the 2nd round last season.
    At this point, most fans are expecting to see certain elements develop, especially considering his draft spot.
    Poise, pocket presence, accuracy, the ability to take control of the offense.


    Instead, Jackson has become a non-entity along with our passing game, and everyone's focus has shifted completely to Adrian Peterson.
    No one considers him a threat, no one believes he can move the offense, and every time he's been given the opportunity to do so, it gets bungled.

    So, while it might not be ALL his fault - and it certainly isn't - he's also not blameless.
    If he really wants to be the "QB of the Future", he needs to step up.
    Until he does, he's going to keep geting hammered...by fans and opponents.

    Caine
    no1 is saying he is without blame.. but Caine.. how many turnovers did he commit?


    didn't Tjack make a great juke on the dallas D and get a first down?


    ok the kids growing .. we know that.. he's young and will make young qb mistakes.. we know that..
    what we don't know is his full potential.. he wasn't groomed like say.. other recent drafted qb's.. but he's being molded now..
    i expect to see Tjack take his reps.. take his knocks, get back up and make some plays.

    he had nice pass's to wade and twill.. and some lofted bad toss's.. also your going against one of the BEST D's in the league!!

    do i think he's without blame.. no.. but can i see improvement yes!
    and can i give him time to develop.. YES

    if the whole bchill era ends.. and tjack g4tes demoted to beer vender.. i'll eat all the crow u want.. till then. .I SUPPORT the kid!!!

    DiGiTaL
    Ok, he made 1 nice play, and had 2 good throws?
    Hmmmmmm....that's not exactly a stellar recommendation.


    Look, I don't WANT him to fail.
    I don't WANT us to lose.
    I want to WIN.
    But, honestly, I think all the excuses for Jacksons inability to perform are wearing thin.
    At which point do we start holding him accountable for errant throws?
    For holding the ball too long?
    For failing to sustain drives?


    Is it ALL his fault?
    Heck no!!!
    The stink covers most of the team.
    But is he doing his part to change that?
    In my opinion, no he's not.
    And it's for one of two reasons.
    Either our team is so bad that NO ONE could do better, or he simply isn't doing better.


    Sure, after Detroit he isn't throwing Int's all game long...but neither is he hitting receivers.
    Last week and this week were the same story all game long, balls thrown at reciever's feet, behind them, way above them, or in locations that forced them to break their route to go after them.
    Once or twice he'd sail someone in stride (and sometimes it would be dropped), but mostly he was erratic.
    Last week, Peterson's huge game overshadowed that.
    This week, it was highlighted.

    Honestly, I think he's gun shy.
    I think Detroit frightened him.
    I think he's now so afraid of Int's that he's trying to put the ball where the Defenders can't get it...and winding up putting it where the receivers can't get it either.

    But, since he's the best we have, we'll have another 10 games to find out if he can cut it.
    For all our sakes, let's hope he can....but I'm not betting on it.

    Caine

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    I agree with most of what you said

    By The Way
    What happen with the whole wade screaming at jackson thing? i didnt watch the whole game
    Nothing really.
    The commentators made it out to be more than it really was.
    TJ missed Wade on a route and afterwards on the sideline TJ was apparently trying to tell Wade what he saw and Wade said something to the effect of "throw the ball where you're supposed to".

    I do think screaming is a bit strong, neither one was very animated, and it looked like dozens of other QB-WR conversations that happen every weekend.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "Caine" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    On the flip side of that same coin, Jackson has done nothing to show he's improved.
    Sure, the blame game has plenty of targets after this weeks game - as it has all season - but just because everyone else screwed the pooch doesn't give Jackson (another) bye on blame.

    Regardless of how young he may be or what school he went to, he was drafted in the 2nd round last season.
    At this point, most fans are expecting to see certain elements develop, especially considering his draft spot.
    Poise, pocket presence, accuracy, the ability to take control of the offense.


    Instead, Jackson has become a non-entity along with our passing game, and everyone's focus has shifted completely to Adrian Peterson.
    No one considers him a threat, no one believes he can move the offense, and every time he's been given the opportunity to do so, it gets bungled.

    So, while it might not be ALL his fault - and it certainly isn't - he's also not blameless.
    If he really wants to be the "QB of the Future", he needs to step up.
    Until he does, he's going to keep geting hammered...by fans and opponents.

    Caine
    no1 is saying he is without blame.. but Caine.. how many turnovers did he commit?


    didn't Tjack make a great juke on the dallas D and get a first down?


    ok the kids growing .. we know that.. he's young and will make young qb mistakes.. we know that..
    what we don't know is his full potential.. he wasn't groomed like say.. other recent drafted qb's.. but he's being molded now..
    i expect to see Tjack take his reps.. take his knocks, get back up and make some plays.

    he had nice pass's to wade and twill.. and some lofted bad toss's.. also your going against one of the BEST D's in the league!!

    do i think he's without blame.. no.. but can i see improvement yes!
    and can i give him time to develop.. YES

    if the whole bchill era ends.. and tjack g4tes demoted to beer vender.. i'll eat all the crow u want.. till then. .I SUPPORT the kid!!!

    DiGiTaL
    Ok, he made 1 nice play, and had 2 good throws?
    Hmmmmmm....that's not exactly a stellar recommendation.


    Look, I don't WANT him to fail.
    I don't WANT us to lose.
    I want to WIN.
    But, honestly, I think all the excuses for Jacksons inability to perform are wearing thin.
    At which point do we start holding him accountable for errant throws?
    For holding the ball too long?
    For failing to sustain drives?


    Is it ALL his fault?
    Heck no!!!
    The stink covers most of the team.
    But is he doing his part to change that?
    In my opinion, no he's not.
    And it's for one of two reasons.
    Either our team is so bad that NO ONE could do better, or he simply isn't doing better.


    Sure, after Detroit he isn't throwing Int's all game long...but neither is he hitting receivers. Last week and this week were the same story all game long, balls thrown at reciever's feet, behind them, way above them, or in locations that forced them to break their route to go after them.
    Once or twice he'd sail someone in stride (and sometimes it would be dropped), but mostly he was erratic.
    Last week, Peterson's huge game overshadowed that.
    This week, it was highlighted.

    Honestly, I think he's gun shy.
    I think Detroit frightened him.
    I think he's now so afraid of Int's that he's trying to put the ball where the Defenders can't get it...and winding up putting it where the receivers can't get it either.

    But, since he's the best we have, we'll have another 10 games to find out if he can cut it.
    For all our sakes, let's hope he can....but I'm not betting on it.

    Caine
    Honestly, don't you consider that improvement?

    He is making better decisions with the ball now that he was in week 1 and 2.
    Sometimes he still makes rookie mistakes (the intentional grounding), but I see improvement.

    And I had to laugh when you said that the "stink covers most of the team".
    LMAO, our defense held the #1 offense in the NFC to two touchdowns, and returned two of their own.
    Dang, what else do you want them to do?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    "Caine" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    On the flip side of that same coin, Jackson has done nothing to show he's improved.
    Sure, the blame game has plenty of targets after this weeks game - as it has all season - but just because everyone else screwed the pooch doesn't give Jackson (another) bye on blame.

    Regardless of how young he may be or what school he went to, he was drafted in the 2nd round last season.
    At this point, most fans are expecting to see certain elements develop, especially considering his draft spot.
    Poise, pocket presence, accuracy, the ability to take control of the offense.


    Instead, Jackson has become a non-entity along with our passing game, and everyone's focus has shifted completely to Adrian Peterson.
    No one considers him a threat, no one believes he can move the offense, and every time he's been given the opportunity to do so, it gets bungled.

    So, while it might not be ALL his fault - and it certainly isn't - he's also not blameless.
    If he really wants to be the "QB of the Future", he needs to step up.
    Until he does, he's going to keep geting hammered...by fans and opponents.

    Caine
    no1 is saying he is without blame.. but Caine.. how many turnovers did he commit?


    didn't Tjack make a great juke on the dallas D and get a first down?


    ok the kids growing .. we know that.. he's young and will make young qb mistakes.. we know that..
    what we don't know is his full potential.. he wasn't groomed like say.. other recent drafted qb's.. but he's being molded now..
    i expect to see Tjack take his reps.. take his knocks, get back up and make some plays.

    he had nice pass's to wade and twill.. and some lofted bad toss's.. also your going against one of the BEST D's in the league!!

    do i think he's without blame.. no.. but can i see improvement yes!
    and can i give him time to develop.. YES

    if the whole bchill era ends.. and tjack g4tes demoted to beer vender.. i'll eat all the crow u want.. till then. .I SUPPORT the kid!!!

    DiGiTaL
    Ok, he made 1 nice play, and had 2 good throws?
    Hmmmmmm....that's not exactly a stellar recommendation.


    Look, I don't WANT him to fail.
    I don't WANT us to lose.
    I want to WIN.
    But, honestly, I think all the excuses for Jacksons inability to perform are wearing thin.
    At which point do we start holding him accountable for errant throws?
    For holding the ball too long?
    For failing to sustain drives?


    Is it ALL his fault?
    Heck no!!!
    The stink covers most of the team.
    But is he doing his part to change that?
    In my opinion, no he's not.
    And it's for one of two reasons.
    Either our team is so bad that NO ONE could do better, or he simply isn't doing better.


    Sure, after Detroit he isn't throwing Int's all game long...but neither is he hitting receivers.
    Last week and this week were the same story all game long, balls thrown at reciever's feet, behind them, way above them, or in locations that forced them to break their route to go after them.
    Once or twice he'd sail someone in stride (and sometimes it would be dropped), but mostly he was erratic.
    Last week, Peterson's huge game overshadowed that.
    This week, it was highlighted.

    Honestly, I think he's gun shy.
    I think Detroit frightened him.
    I think he's now so afraid of Int's that he's trying to put the ball where the Defenders can't get it...and winding up putting it where the receivers can't get it either.

    But, since he's the best we have, we'll have another 10 games to find out if he can cut it.
    For all our sakes, let's hope he can....but I'm not betting on it.

    Caine
    caine you make a VERY good point..
    YES Tjack should be held responsible for what he does.. or doesn't do.. Yes he should be held to criticism for his lack of consistant accuracy.. i was steamed when he missed TRich on the open flat all alone.. that was a pass he should hit 150% of the time.. he didn't,... why?
    he rushed it.. he got over excited.. even he admits that..

    so YES he will make mistakes.. YES blame him for them.. but watch as he learns from them.. I know many here ware Vikings fans. and that doesn't mean u have to wear purple shades and say ohh all is great in purple land while being blind to our problems.
    But i do see tjack learning.. and i do see improvement in his game.
    here's a ? for ya..

    in the first half he had 2 receptions.. i think he was 2/4
    now.. is that by play design?
    was he told let the run game develop?

    romo had 30 odd passing plays in the first half..
    with a HELl of a lot better talent WR wise then Tjack has..

    I agree with you cain he needs to be held to a standard.. and part of that standard he is doing.. 0 ints.. 0 turnovers..

    now.. lets see him live up to the other side of that.. but to get there he's gonna need to grow as a qb, and that's not an easy thing to do.. how many GREAT qb's are playing right now in the NFL.. and how many qb's have been benched for backup's.. or hurt.. or even canned?

    sry if it sounded like i was callin u out on this one, i'm just kinda annoyed by how people are callin for his head and he hasn't even had the time to show what he can do.

    besides those few throws.. that juke move on the run was very nice!!

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  10. #10
    canvike is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: For the Tarvaris Jackson Haters

    I've been reading all the comments for awhile and appreciate that we are ALL Viking fans and just want them to win!! But, If you've watched all of jackson's games t6hat he has palyed in you have to admit that he has shown nothing to warrent stating for an NFL team. We are in hight praise of 1 juke move??? Is that the critera now for success?

    i just want to klnow how long we go slong wiothy this? A whole 2 more games, three, or the rest of the season?

    We could have won that game yesterday and although it wasn't Tavaris Jackson's fault, he made basically no postive efforts to pull out a win. Anyone who says otherwise is fooliong themselves.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tarvaris Jackson: "It should have been us"
    By Tad7 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
  2. Tarvaris Jackson - QB Or Not QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
  3. Tarvaris Jackson
    By VIKINAT0R in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
  4. TARVARIS JACKSON
    By DustinDupont in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
  5. Tarvaris Jackson jersey
    By boognish in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •