Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Re: Tarvaris Jackson:The Checklist

DON'T HOLD HIM BACK

Phil Simms: "I saw him this preseason, twice, and I thought he looked good in both. But I was a little disappointed, because it was guarded. I would have liked to have seen him play a game where they threw it 30 or 40 times.

"They didn't let him go during the preseason, so I doubt they'll let him throw it to win during the regular season."

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I hope this isn't the case.
    With this team it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.Different Coach, Different QB, Same preseason mentality and the same problems during the season.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With this team it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.Different Coach, Different QB, Same preseason mentality and the same problems during the season.
    The Frazier regime is just an extension of the failed Childress regime. Many of the same coaches are in place, and both the offensive and defensive schemes are just about the same.

When Frazier was hired, the first thing he did was say that the offensive philosophy will be the same as it was under Childress: run first. He then hired a discredited offensive coordinator that had that run first philosophy. Musgrave even had the KAO trick plays ready to end drives with wasted downs.

Preseason with Tarvaris Jackson and Christian Ponder were about the same. Limited play meant limited experience. The Vikings treated these young quarterbacks like eight year veterans. Now Spielman says he can evaluate Josh Freeman without seeing the quarterback in live games.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I'll still take T-Jack
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    I'll still take T-Jack
    Serenity now...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Wish we had T-Jack, we would have a chance to win a game for once.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I wish we still had Childress and Bevell, but not that stupid defensive coordinator we had.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    "They didn't let him go during the preseason, so I doubt they'll let him throw it to win during the regular season."
    They did let him pass during regular season.

He completed 8 of 9 passes, had 129 passing yards & scored 2 TD's in just over 1 quarter of play. It took Ponder 2 games to score 2 TD's this year. Yup, Ponder is that bad.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Really? You guys want Chiller and Bevell And Jackson back? Are you friggin DELUSIONAL!?!?!?!? Are you suffering under the mistaken belief that mediocrity and disappointment are better than this short-lived depression?

Sooner or later (I'm betting on after the season) Frazier will be gone. Likely, Ponder and Freeman will be too. That means that Williams (DC) and Musgrave (OC) are gone too.

All we need after that is for the Wilfs to sell me the team (cuz those morons will just keep screwing it up) and we're BACK ON TRACK BITCHES!!!!!

Caine

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Really? You guys want Chiller and Bevell And Jackson back? Are you friggin DELUSIONAL!?!?!?!? Are you suffering under the mistaken belief that mediocrity and disappointment are better than this short-lived depression?

Sooner or later (I'm betting on after the season) Frazier will be gone. Likely, Ponder and Freeman will be too. That means that Williams (DC) and Musgrave (OC) are gone too.

All we need after that is for the Wilfs to sell me the team (cuz those morons will just keep screwing it up) and we're BACK ON TRACK BITCHES!!!!!

Caine
    I don't think we're being serious, we're just trying to put into perspective how bad or how much we dislike Frazier. If they made me choose between Childress and Frazier, without hesitation I'd say bring Childress back immediately. I was against giving Frazier the head job to begin with and had I known Frazier and co would be this bad, I would have begged Wilf to keep Childress. Again if those were my only 2 options.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I don't think we're being serious, we're just trying to put into perspective how bad or how much we dislike Frazier. If they made me choose between Childress and Frazier, without hesitation I'd say bring Childress back immediately. I was against giving Frazier the head job to begin with and had I known Frazier and co would be this bad, I would have begged Wilf to keep Childress. Again if those were my only 2 options.

Hells bells, I would choose to cheer for another team given those as my only two options....

...anyone but the Packers...

Caine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12